Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,094 members, 7,818,282 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? (9396 Views)

Retired Headmistress Shot Dead In Benin By Teenage Cultist (pic) / RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / We Robbed Banks To Raise Money For Boko Haram –suspect (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by honeric01(m): 12:39am On Oct 25, 2010
ow11:

I see. You must be living in another Nigeria because Homeless children exist in Nigeria. Most of them are called Area boys and Almajiris. They sleep under bridges and in buses in the motor parks and yes, they stab people and fight. Osisikankwu didn't learn how to shoot a gun last year as did Soboma George who had a reputation in his secondary school days

You really need to visit public secondary schools in whatever town you live in and ask students to give you gist. Stop living in a bubble.Nigerian youths are violent and many of these cases go unreported. I bet you probably never heard about the murder in FGC PH in the 90s where a fellow student drove a screwdriver into a rival's ear.

Nigerians have only perceived morals and our press DO NOT report a lot of stories due to many reasons which I would not list BUT I would ask you to do yourself a favour and get informed. Visit Motor parks at 5.30am and see youths waking up. Don't assume they came from a house, stop and ask them where they slept and it would surprise you. These children have homes and sometimes do not return because they have nothing to eat at home.

Besides, many of the gangs of London kids are the poorest in the country and poverty riddled areas are usually strewn with violence (Nigeria is no different neither is the US) which is probably why you have no idea how depraved the country you live in actually is.

I never said there are no homeless kids in Nigeria or where did i say that?

Have you seen minors being stabbed to death before in Nigeria? if yes, what's the number? how many did you see within a year?

Yes, kids fight and all that, but you hardly see kids of 15/16yrs in Nigeria walking about (gang-style) with knifes/guns in their possession, i repeat YOU HARDLY SEE THAT except you want to cook us some stories just because you want to win a "case"

So in your mind, i never attended secondary school abi? in your mind, i never went to school? well, i am still a young man and i finished my secondary school education in the early 2000s and yes students fight and all that, students go to other schools to fight, but very rare to hear that they stabbed each-other to death. Please always put into consideration the age range (15/16), if you talk about the older ones in the universities, yes I'd agree they get to stab/kill each-other sometimes, but to say teenage-gang is prominent in Nigeria secondary schools (public), that's untrue, except you can back it up with evidence/facts.

A murder in the 90s? a murder in the whole of 90s? and you want to use that to compare what's going on in London alone? did you see the number of kids killed in London within one year? like i said, i used the word "rarely" which means it's very rare that 15/16yrs old stab/kill each-other in Nigeria or even own a GUN.

lastly, like i said, yes we have alot of homeless kids who ran away from home (especially in Lagos) some of them came as far as neighboring states because they believe money is free in Lagos, but these kids hardly commit bloody crimes (they can as well become pickpockets, carrier, wheelbarrow pushers, beggars and all that), but you can hardly hear of a 15/16yrs old going into armed robbery or stabbing his mates to death.

Do you visit motor parks at 5:30am? are you a driver? and just because they are outside about that time does not still confirm that they stab/kill each-other, let's not deviate from the points here, the point is that it's very rare to see kids of 15/16 stabbing/shooting each-other in Nigeria and it's also very rare to see kids (within 15/16yrs who has parents) outside their homes between 11pm-5am.

Most of the deaths so far reported in the UK are not of homeless kids, rather they all have parents, so why bring up the homeless stats here? the difference between the homeless in the UK and here is that the former have programs for homeless kids, they pick them off the street to avoid them causing more havoc, while the latter lacks that, these homeless kids end up becoming the nuisance of the society when they finally grow up to an adult age.

one more thing, you are not making sense with the poorest thing you are bringing up, being poor is not a visa to being a murderer/killer, if it is, then virtually most Nigerian kid would have been an ex-murderer/killer or most would have died from attacks from others. One more thing, the killing/stabbing in the UK is not just an area, it's spread across UK, before you argue further, just click on some of the links posted on this thread to enlighten yourself, stop thinking others do not know what they are talking about when it happens that you are the one who actually doesn't have an idea.

Good night.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by r231(m): 1:14am On Oct 25, 2010
na wa o

its time to go home
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Busybody2(f): 1:32am On Oct 25, 2010
This guy did not die because of poverty.

This guy did not die because of the area he lived in.

He did not die because his parents went out to work.

Great Britain failed him, and those who died ahead of him, children have so many rights yet not a single responsibility, you are not allowed to discipline your child for fear the child would report you to the authority. Teachers are not allowed to touch them, the Police aren't, hence reason they have become feckless and have no fear of anyone.

The funniest part is it is parents with their head stuck up in the sand who think their own children are not involved, who are the worst behaved. Time after time after time when these kids are killed, you will see the Parents at the press conference crying that their angel who was loved by all, cut the neighbours grass, did housework for the Mum, was as good as gold, gentle, always smiling, etc and a few days later, you will see pictures of the same Godfearing kid posing with a knife and carrying a gun.

It does not help too that instead of the Government to let the right people step in and parent these children, they glamourise them by calling them gangs, and now these kids thinks this is cool. Daytime, evening time, you cannot send your child to the next street because these kids would shank him for setting foot in their territory, mindless acts of violence due to boredom undecided
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 25, 2010
Busy_body:

This guy did not die because of poverty.

This guy did not die because of the area he lived in.

He did not die because his parents went out to work.

Great Britain failed him, and those who died ahead of him, children have so many rights yet not a single responsibility, you are not allowed to discipline your child for fear the child would report you to the authority. Teachers are not allowed to touch them, the Police aren't, hence reason they have become feckless and have no fear of anyone.

The funniest part is it is parents with their head stuck up in the sand who think their own children are not involved, who are the worst behaved. Time after time after time when these kids are killed, you will see the Parents at the press conference crying that their angel who was loved by all, cut the neighbours grass, did housework for the Mum, was as good as gold, gentle, always smiling, etc and a few days later, you will see pictures of the same Godfearing kid posing with a knife and carrying a gun.

It does not help too that instead of the Government to let the right people step in and parent these children, they glamourise them by calling them gangs, and now these kids thinks this is cool. Daytime, evening time, you cannot send your child to the next street because these kids would shank him for setting foot in their territory, mindless acts of violence due to boredom undecided

I knew my wife would post something intelligent someday [today].

Her Ekiti husband is rubbing off on her. tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by chamotex(m): 1:44am On Oct 25, 2010
To be fair, the whole gun and knife shenanigans have actually died down recently unlike couple of years ago.
But it is still worrying that its still embedded in their blood and it sadly part of their culture now.

There is also the 'revenge factor'.
Nowadays, these young kids do not overlook any sort of disrespect or attack on them or close ones.
If you do something to one of theirs, whether friends or families . . . their first thought is to come back at you . . . when they do that, the other party retaliates and the cycle continues.

Actually, most of these kids actually had the best parenting but still ended up this way.
People blaming the parents? What can the parents do if the system do not allow them to raise their kids the way they want to.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 1:46am On Oct 25, 2010
chamotex:

To be fair, the whole gun and knife shenanigans have actually died down recently unlike couple of years ago.
But it is still worrying that its still embedded in their blood and it sadly part of their culture now.

Nowadays, these young kids do not overlook any sort of disrespect or attack on them or close ones.
If you do something to one of theirs, whether friends or families . . . their first thought is to come back at you . . .and the cycle continues.

Actually, most of these kids actually had the best parenting but still ended up this way.
People blaming the parents? What can the parents do if the system do not allow them to raise their kids the way they want to.

Realy? Which UK are you referring to?

This one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7777963.stm
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Busybody2(f): 1:49am On Oct 25, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^^^

These names you just named weren't stabbing/shooting people at 16, they could have gone worse within months/few years, unlike these ones who have started using guns/knife at this age of their life, what is likely to become of them if they get to Anini and the names you listed's age range?

Btw: except a child without parents, it's very rare to find a child of 15/16 outside in Nigeria around 11pm, not because it's not safe for them, but because their parents can't go to bed without making sure the kids are all inside.

Do you know its the 7/8 years old amongst them who acts as runners carrying their guns, knives and drug stashes, to evade arrest when the Police stops the older ones, and by older i mean 13 years upwards, sad undecided By age 10, they start initiating them, and tell them to commit petty crime to prove they have what it takes. And no one is immune cos all they say is "go and stab that person passing" or "go and snatch that bag", etc.  If you know the real statistics of how many of these kids are on drugs or alcoholics or have been admitted daily for stab wounds in hospital, you would be amazed, its a shame cry Kids killing kids cry

I blame the cessation of "stop and search" for this, because these type of incidence was unheard of before. And now, a lot of children end up carrying knives and some have to wear stab vests to school. I was arguing with my West Indian friend once about this and he said it was a good thing that the discriminatory "stop and search" was abolished, and then i asked him which he preferred "BEING STOPPED CONSTANTLY BY THE POLICE FOR DRIVING A FANCIFUL CAR" OR "HAVING A 10 YEAR OLD WALK UP TO HIM AND PUT A KNIFE IN HIS SIDE AND TELL HIM TO HAND OVER HIS WALLET".

HIS RESPONSE -  "hmmm actually this happened to him once he was seating on the top deck of a bus, a small chappie (my friend is 6"5) sat behind him, pressed the cold blade of a knife to his neck, and told him to hand over his wallet, and he had no choice as the boy's gangs were with him embarassed
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 1:49am On Oct 25, 2010
A 14 year old killed Jamil, a promising footballer, in Hackney last year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8338089.stm
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:51am On Oct 25, 2010
chamotex:

If you do something to one of theirs, whether friends or families . . . their first thought is to come back at you . . . when they do that, the other party retaliates and the cycle continues.

omo charle i trust u 2 educate, some pips are not gettin dier  statistics rite but come up here and shout london dis london dat  , we no d rates in area codes dont we , y odas are goin by wots published arent dey , its sad i must sey but damn parents are not to blame in all cases , dere are laws dey abide with .

@aunty mi
u delivered kiss kiss kiss
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by chamotex(m): 1:53am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

Realy? Which UK are you referring to?

This one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7777963.stm

What part of the bolded part did you not understand?

chamotex:

Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Busybody2(f): 2:03am On Oct 25, 2010
chamotex:

It only died down because of the subdued state of the economy, now the speech is over, and everyone knows where everyone stands, it has resumed, and it will get worse, mark it down. People'sbenefits are being slashed, tempers are running high, hmmm embarassed

Ileke-IdI:

I knew my wife would post something intelligent someday [today].

Her Ekiti husband is rubbing off on her. tongue tongue cheesy

You have failed again angry I refuse to fall for your tactics to make me use my freshly discovered brain that is still as new and unused as a one day old baby angry I refuse to use my brain angry I am keeping it fresh, unlike your own overused one angry Stop jollosing my brain joo angry Did i tell you to be using your own brain and turn it into secondhand brain angry

Shhhhh, oya come, which of my Ekiti loffs is that, the one that lives on Sawmill Road, or the one in Ekiti Junction, or the son of iya alakara grin And please keep your voice down, next time, or do you want my loffs Chamosexy to know im still cheating on him with my 67 e-concubines angry He thinks i have stopped cheating and is getting me a Range to celebrate this, so zip ya mouth locked angry angry cheesy
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by chamotex(m): 2:08am On Oct 25, 2010
Busy_body:

It only died down because of the subdued state of the economy, now the speech is over, and everyone knows where everyone stands, it has resumed, and it will get worse, mark it down. People'sbenefits are being slashed, tempers are running high, hmmm embarassed

True.
I think it also died down due to the massive media hype it generated at that time plus you know they did that 'stop & search' thingy for a while during that period.

If dem cut my benefits me sef go carry AK47 be that o . . .my eye dey red grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:11am On Oct 25, 2010
^u a goat i swear grin grin grin grin grin
me sef go begin plant atomic bomb oo , cus in iya charle we chop heheee
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 2:13am On Oct 25, 2010
able bodied man hoping on benefits. LOL. He can only be a Nigerian.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by chamotex(m): 2:15am On Oct 25, 2010
Idowuogbo:

^u a goat i swear grin grin grin grin grin
me sef go begin plant atomic bomb oo , cus in iya charle we chop heheee

Yes o

LouisThoro:

able bodied man hoping on benefits. LOL. He can only be a Nigerian.

Go and jump inside dustbin mehn . . . who send you work grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 2:20am On Oct 25, 2010
LOL.

If dem stop benefits in the UK, so many Nigerians go kpeme. Dem go dey waka kuru kere, begin carry gun. There shall then be so many Osamas.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by chamotex(m): 2:22am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

LOL.

If dem stop benefits in the UK, so many Nigerians go kpeme. Dem go dey waka kuru kere, begin carry gun. There shall then be so many Osamas.

Go use straw smoke igbo mehn . . .  grin grin grin grin
If you couldn't see the joke in my statement than I'm sorry I cant help you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 2:23am On Oct 25, 2010
Joke ko, joke silver ni.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Busybody2(f): 2:25am On Oct 25, 2010
Is it true there is no more Council Flats, that it is now going to be 5 years lease only and the rent is being hiked to 80% of the market rate shocked

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry angry angry

Anyone know where i fit buy shakabula, i wan join Chamosexy's movement for the emancipation of er. . . er . . . whachumacallit angry angry angry cheesy
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 2:28am On Oct 25, 2010
^

It is true. It is no more forever.

Once the kids are all grown up and left the house, the parents relinquishes the accommodation.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 25, 2010
@Busy_body

auntii, se ko je pe won sese release yin?  You know I loff your 1-day old brain, him smooth like baby's idi cheesy cheesy cheesy
And don't worry about chamosex, him get 76 concubines of his own. tongue

@post

So where should we raise our children? Nigeria? *death*, not with that education system.  AHBLNRXYD lmao!!!
If I can have it, I would not raise my kids in America either.
So this is a good question; WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE FOR NIGERIANS TO RAISE THEIR CHILDREN?
If Fayemi fixes Ekiti school fees and develops the state, I wouldnt hesitate to send my kids home.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 2:38am On Oct 25, 2010
I knew it will get to these, some fools will begin to make it a Nigeria/UK comparison case.

I cant never get tired of laughing at these kind of people.

Noone is saying Nigeria is safer than the UK, we know UK/USA is king because Nigeria is meant for animals, not human beings for sure.

So, lets not derail the topic, abeg, we are not asking wether to move your children back to Nigeria where animals live compared to the UK. Fool.

LOL.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by ezeagu(m): 2:39am On Oct 25, 2010
honeric01:

Yes, kids fight and all that, but you hardly see kids of 15/16yrs in Nigeria walking about (gang-style) with knifes/guns in their possession, i repeat YOU HARDLY SEE THAT except you want to cook us some stories just because you want to win a "case"

It's obvious you have no idea of what you are talking about. As someone said before, visit a public secondary school and observe. There are certain pupils teachers can't say anything to. Until then don't talk with confidence about things you don't know.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by chamotex(m): 2:41am On Oct 25, 2010
Busy_body:

Is it true there is no more Council Flats, that it is now going to be 5 years lease only and the rent is being hiked to 80% of the market rate shocked

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry angry angry

Anyone know where i fit buy shakabula, i wan join Chamosexy's movement for the emancipation of er. . . er . . . whachumacallit angry angry angry cheesy

You can move in with me baybee and join my movement. grin grin grin

Ileke-IdI:

@Busy_body

auntii, se ko je pe won sese release yin?  You know I loff your 1-day old brain, him smooth like baby's idi cheesy cheesy cheesy
And don't worry about chamosex, him get 76 concubines of his own.  tongue

Ileke, I say I no do you, na by force? . . . no come dey spoil market for me abeg.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 2:42am On Oct 25, 2010
They have a way of defending every thing.

Where in Nigeria do youngsters kill themselves like in the UK?

LOL.

They will fight you with all that is in their blood to let you "think" that Nigeria's case is worse. Meanwhile, we reasonable people know better, but something turns in their stomach when you begin to point out the fact that Nigeria is safer in that respect.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 2:45am On Oct 25, 2010
LOL.

They say Nigeria education system is bad, yet, the UK recruited thousands of Nigerian graduates to go and work in the UK within the past five years through the hitherto HSMP programme.

LOL.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 25, 2010
chamotex:

You can move in with me baybee and join my movement. grin grin grin

Ileke, I say I no do you, na by force? . . . no come dey spoil market for me abeg.
lol were ni e sha.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by LouisThoro: 2:56am On Oct 25, 2010
hmmm. We can see multiple user ids on this thread alone. one person with multiple ids.

hmmmmm.

LOL. We know them.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by chic2pimp(m): 3:06am On Oct 25, 2010
chamotex:

Go use straw smoke igbo mehn . . . grin grin grin grin
If you couldn't see the joke in my statement than I'm sorry I cant help you cheesy cheesy cheesy
. . . . Or better still make him go hug transformer.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by Busybody2(f): 3:11am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

LOL.

They will fight you with all that is in their blood to let you "think" that Nigeria's case is worse. Meanwhile, we reasonable people know better, [size=14pt]but something turns in their stomach when you begin to point out the fact that Nigeria is safer in that respect.[/size]

Exactly, you have hit the nail on the head.

It is not even kids killing only kids, they attack adults too. How dare a 10 year old walk up to an adult and slap the person, how dare a 10 year old look at an adult and say "what are you looking at", because there is no deterrent.

Summertime, they go round setting off fire hydrants wasting water, you call the Fire Department to come, one told me, "sorry we can't come in the daytime, the kids will stone us" WTF!!!!!!!!

I nearly flipped one day. had this neighbour with a fire hydrant directly in front of her house, and she has a disabled child. Some group of 20 youngsters, some on bikes, converged in front of her house, i accosted them and told them to move on, they refused, saying they would not. I told them again, they said "what are you gonna do" by this time, their parents had started peeping outta the window, and coming out of the front door, possibly to call the Police if i laid hand on one of them. The older ones were egging the younger ones on to switch it on, i asked why they couldn't do it themselves if they weren't scared.

They asked what i was going to do to them, i was wearing my puffa jacket and told them " look here, i live next door with my Mum and my 2 sisters, and have to share a room with them which i hate, i am 19 years, the same shitty law that makes you people prance around like prized idiots is the same one that applies to me. As an under 21, if i decide to beat the s,h,i,t out of you, i will not go to jail, but instead to a "young offenders home" and i will be able to have my own room there, with playstation, pool, etc and whilst i am inside enjoying myself, you will be in hospital treating the wounds and if you get better quickly, i can still send my crew to sort you out. . .

They started saying i was lying, then one of them said "she is telling the truth" i have a mate in a young offenders home and he lives like a king there, they all stood there openmouthed in awe, and started drifting off and started discussing this amongst themselves, and soon left. After covering about 400 yards, one of the cheeky devils piped up and asked "if you are 19, why are you wearing a wig" grin Chei cheesy I just swerved his question cool
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by bawomolo(m): 3:13am On Oct 25, 2010

this kind of thinking is simplistic.   children have little responsibility because they are CHILDREN.  i don't think they asked to be brought into this world.

discipline doesn't have to be always physical by the way.  it says a lot about a parent if your only way of getting your point across is through physical discipline.
Re: Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? by bawomolo(m): 3:17am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

the same nigeria where crimes go unreported? the same Nigeria were secondary/grammar schools have rivalries. group fights between secondary schools are common in Nigeria.

turning this thread into an home-based nigerians vs nigerians in diaspora is pretty pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov. Abubakar Audu Assaults Wife, Abandons Family In Usa ( Pictures) / Taraba: Gunmen attack family of five in Takum, kill one / $500,000: Man Stabbed Parents 73 Times, Cooked Mum's Head In U.S.(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.