Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims (677 Views)

How to Turn ups to inverter 4 long hours back up / Busted: Nigerian ‘Inventors’ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos) / Beware Of "Google FREE Apple Iphone X Visitor Browser Opinion Survey" Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by DZTech: 2:56am On Aug 27, 2019
ur deep cycle ba3 must be protected.
it's d most costly part of ur offgrid setup.
so when u hear a 12v, 100ah. ba3 will supply 1200va, ask dem-
will u drain ur entire ba3 charge to zero?
dts impossible.
frequent discharge below 12v will shorten ba3 life.
learnt from hard lesson
so u only have (13.5-12v)*100a=150w as working power output to ensure long ba3 life.
any ba3 below 10.5v is considered dead.
therefore-
A CHARGE CONTROLLER/DISCHARGE MONITOR IS A MUST!
so beware of spurious claims.
good luck
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by DZTech: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
follow my chats with an "expert" in d thread below-
https://www.nairaland.com/5378198/how-convert-ups-into-inverter
let's how far he can go, b4 I win him! cheesy
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by MrTony32: 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
DZTech:
dts impossible.
learnt from hard lesson
so u only have (13.5-12v)*100a=150w as working power output to ensure long ba3 life.
therefore-
good luck

grin
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by MrTony32: 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
]follow my chats with an "expert" in d thread below-

https://www.nairaland.com/5378198/how-convert-ups-into-inverter
let's how far he can go, b4 I win him

You are just seeking for audience and u cant spoil my good write up. i hv handled jobs daily and based on my calculation for yrs with commendation. I will advice u go to google and make a good research is at free cost and stop spoil what others innonate by themself.

Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by dragnet: 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
DZTech:
dts impossible.
learnt from hard lesson
therefore-
good luck

I understand your point of not discharging the battery below a set voltage/percentage of discharge but the calculation you're using to advance your argument is flawed, when a battery gets discharged, it isn't just the voltage that reduces the amount of current stored also diminishes a battery rated 12V -100AH... 1200W can supply 600W which is 50% DOD(neglecting losses for the sake of argument) and it's voltage would remain a little above 12V depending on the state of the battery's cells.
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by MrTony32: 10:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
dragnet:

I understand your point of not discharging the battery below a set voltage/percentage of discharge but the calculation you're using to advance your argument is flawed, when a battery gets discharged, it isn't just the voltage that reduces the amount of current stored also diminishes a battery rated 12V -100AH... 1200W can supply 600W which is 50% DOD(neglecting losses for the sake of argument) and it's voltage would remain a little above 12V depending on the state of the battery's cells.

grin u are seeking for audience mr. your argument has no base...
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by DZTech: 11:23am On Aug 31, 2019
dragnet:

wots d max REALISTIC load d ba3 can carry?
how long will it last at such a load?
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by dragnet: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2019
DZTech:
wots d max REALISTIC load d ba3 can carry?
how long will it last at such a load?

best is at C20 discharge rate which for a 100Ah battery is 60W at a go, higher than that is possible but it would impact on the battery, you can do the rest of the maths to know how long.
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by dragnet: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
MrTony32:

grin u are seeking for audience mr. your argument has no base...
?
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by channelcctv: 12:58pm On Sep 01, 2019
I need a solar power system to power CCTV surveillance
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by MrTony32: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2019
dragnet:

best is at C20 discharge rate which for a 100Ah battery is 60W at a go, higher than that is possible but it would impact on the battery, you can do the rest of the maths to know how long.

shocked
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by dragnet: 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
MrTony32:

I hv chose not to reply u again but i see that u are going too far. I believe i hv done no wront yo u. If i may ask are u doing this because i did not accept ur view that is absurd on my write.

Y not mind ur own business let the sleeping dog lie.

I dont know who u are neither do u know who i m. I must tell u dont do what u will regret in ur entire life...this will be my first and last warning.

Mr, check who you're replying, I never quoted or responded to you, my response was directed to the other person.
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by solarview(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
MrTony32... Make you try respect @dragnet na, if not for any other reason, he had been on nairaland since 2007! Haba so many sons of man never have access to the internet that time o, please let's not insult people just because we have access to the internet
Re: Battery Discharge For "UPS Inverter" Use- Beware Of False Claims by debaj10: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2019
solarview:
MrTony32... Make you try respect @dragnet na, if not for any other reason, he had been on nairaland since 2007! Haba so many sons of man never have access to the internet that time o, please let's not insult people just because we have access to the internet cool . @ dragnet sir, remember your popular quote... "don't try to teach pig how to sing" grin grin grin if you know, you know
pig?! shocked
Haba!

(1) (Reply)

Giant Asteroid Flying By Earth Next Week Appears To Be Wearing A Face Mask / The 6 Best Cybersecurity Certifications To Launch Your Career / Send Bulk And Customised Sms Now @ #1 Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.