Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad (8153 Views)

Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims / MURIC Asks NASS To Reverse Britain’s ‘christianization’ Of Nigeria / Posters Ordering Herdsmen To Vacate Surface In Eleme, Rivers And South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 9:35am On Aug 27, 2019
Gov Wike of Rivers was roundly criticised by some myopic so-called Christians from the south for declaring Rivers a Christian State during a thanksgiving church service to mark his re-election. These idealist fools claimed such a declaration goes against the separation of the state and church citing constitutional provisions that forbids the adoption of any religion by the state. How naive these fools are! If they really read the constitution they would have seen that there exist an Islamic supreme body headed by the Sultan of Sokoto which is fully funded by the government. They would have seen that Sharia is referenced more than 70 times in the same constitution with not one single reference to any other religious creed. They would also have seen that there exists a federal Sharia appellant court funded fully by the ministry of Justice. If they were not blind and stupid at the same time, they ought to know that the current CJN (Tanko) is a product of same Sharia jurisprudence.

These idiots also assume that the Sultan, Emirs and emirates across the North are akin to traditional African stools in the south. Wrong! The Sultan is the supreme head of all Muslims in Nigeria and the Emirates are under his jurisdiction. An Emirate is by definition an exclusively Muslim province within an Islamic State governed under Sharia law with a Muslim leader, Emir!

In Yoruba land, which has the highest diversity of both Muslim, Christian and Animists among them, selection of traditional heads, Obas does not consider once faith. The current Ooni of Ife identifies as a Christian and his role as Ooni is to serve as custodian of Yoruba traditional, cultural and spiritual heritage.
Why is the position of the Sultan and Emir reserved only for Muslims from Fulani descent?
Then there is the case of El Rufai whom without regard to the majority Christian population in southern Kaduna carved out Emirates in southern Kaduna, appointed Muslims as Emirs and derecognised the ancient traditional authorities of the Gbagi people forthwith and made same Emirates as the only state recognized stools.

So what is wrong with Wike declaring the obvious that Rivers is a Christian state? Well, Wike's consecration of Rivers as a Christiandom has sent shock waves to northern fundamentalists who have been deploying Taqiyya and subtle jihad towards absorbing the entire polity under their fulani Islamic empire.

Wike, by that declaration has done more for Christians in Nigeria than all the frauds parading themselves as men of God. Osinbanjo has severally denied Christ to the point of even declaring that no religion is better than the other. For a so called born again evangelical preacher who claims to be a Christian to say this shows he does not believe in Christ being the sole salvation of mankind.

Wike has told the north that Rivers is Christian and will remain Christian no matter their lame attempts in trying to islamize the south.

I stand with Wike!

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Seetto: 9:41am On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:
Gov Wike of Rivers was roundly criticised by some myopic so-called Christians from the south for declaring Rivers a Christian State during a thanksgiving church service to mark his re-election. These idealist fools claimed such a declaration goes against the separation of the state and church citing constitutional provisions that forbids the adoption of any religion by the state. How naive these fools are! If they really read the constitution they would have seen that there exist an Islamic supreme body headed by the Sultan of Sokoto which is fully funded by the government. They would have seen that Sharia is referenced more than 70 times in the same constitution with not one single reference to any other religious creed. They would also have seen that there exists a federal Sharia appellant court funded fully by the ministry of Justice. If they were not blind and stupid at the same time, they ought to know that the current CJN (Tanko) is a product of same Sharia jurisprudence.

These idiots also assume that the Sultan, Emirs and emirates across the North are akin to traditional African stools in the south. Wrong! The Sultan is the supreme head of all Muslims in Nigeria and the Emirates are under his jurisdiction. An Emirate is by definition an exclusively Muslim province within an Islamic State governed under Sharia law with a Muslim leader, Emir!

In Yoruba land, which has the highest diversity of both Muslim, Christian and Animists among them, selection of traditional heads, Obas does not consider once faith. The current Ooni of Ife identifies as a Christian and his role as Ooni is to serve as custodian of Yoruba traditional, cultural and spiritual heritage.
Why is the position of the Sultan and Emir reserved only for Muslims from Fulani descent?
Then there is the case of El Rufai whom without regard to the majority Christian population in southern Kaduna carved out Emirates in southern Kaduna, appointed Muslims as Emirs and derecognised the ancient traditional authorities of the Gbagi people forthwith and made same Emirates as the only state recognized stools.

So what is wrong with Wike declaring the obvious that Rivers is a Christian state? Well, Wike's consecration of Rivers as a Christiandom has sent shock waves to northern fundamentalists who have been deploying Taqiyya and subtle jihad towards absorbing the entire polity under their fulani Islamic empire.

Wike, by that declaration has done more for Christians in Nigeria than all the frauds parading themselves as men of God. Osinbanjo has severally denied Christ to the point of even declaring that no religion is better than the other. For a so called born again evangelical preacher who claims to be a Christian to say this shows he does not believe in Christ being the sole salvation of mankind.

Wike has told the north that Rivers is Christian and will remain Christian no matter their lame attempts in trying to islamize the south.

I stand with Wike!
Madness every where, what has wike done to better the life of rivers people...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2019
Seetto:

Madness every where, what has wike done to better the life of rivers people...

What has your useless Sultan and Emirs done to better their poverty diseased illiterate vagrants in the north?

Rivers is Christian!

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TooMuchStuff: 9:45am On Aug 27, 2019
I Stan too

12 Likes

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2019
The video of Muslims gathered in Rivers in what was described as a demolished mosque had all the hallmarks of Taqoyya and Muslim victim hood.

In that video you will hear the Imam preaching and lamenting about their destroyed mosque saying that they will prevail.

What struck me was that the Imam was preaching and lamenting to his Muslim gathering in English. This is when I knew this was a lame attempt at seeking pity and also to address the entire world of their useless plight.

I have never heard any jumat service or Muslim gathering preach in English! Majority of those gathered in that mosque are from Hausa Fulani stock and these Hausa Fulani mosques are conducted their service in Hausa or at least Arabic.

Even in Yoruba mosques, English is not used in preaching sermons but Yoruba.

This is when I knew these vagrants used the opportunity of Rivers rightly demolishing their mosque to go head on to paint Wike as an Islamaphobe.

All this because Wike dared to declare Rivers as a Christian State.
How dare he! Does Wike not know that the Sultan is by constitutional default supreme and permanent head of all traditional stools in Nigeria?

We must stand with Wike and shout it loud for them to hear that Rivers, the entire better South is Christian!.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Seetto: 9:59am On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

What has your useless Sultan and Emirs done to better their poverty diseased illiterate vagrants in the north?

Rivers is Christian!

Oho, whatever, if you like you can insult them heaven and earth, that I don't care, I want you to know that I am not a religion bigot like your f**lish self, save yourself gibberish and frustrated life,
People like you are mere toddler to cunning Nigeria politicians etc wike, wike is using religion to score cheap political popularity and divert peoples attention from the real governance.

What you should direct your religion chauvinist mindset to is, how wike has expanded rivers resources since he resumed office.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2019
[s]
Seetto:

Oho, whatever, if you like you can insult them heaven and earth, that I don't care, I want you to know that I am not a religion bigot like your f**lish self, save yourself gibberish and frustrated life,
People like you are mere toddler to cunning Nigeria politicians etc wike, wike is using religion to score cheap political popularity and divert peoples attention from the real governance.

What you should direct your religion chauvinist mindset to is, how wike has expanded rivers resources since he resumed office.
[/s]

Rivers is Christian!

If you don't like it come and convert Rivers to Islam the old fashioned way through Jihad.

You will all become fish food alongside your Koran in the Atlantic.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 27, 2019
Rivers state is a Christian state.
With time, all those mosque will be pulled down....

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Seetto: 10:07am On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:
The video of Muslims gathered in Rivers in what was described as a demolished mosque had all the hallmarks of Taqoyya and Muslim victim hood.

In that video you will hear the Imam preaching and lamenting about their destroyed mosque saying that they will prevail.

What struck me was that the Imam was preaching and lamenting to his Muslim gathering in English. This is when I knew this was a lame attempt at seeking pity and also to address the entire world of their useless plight.

I have never heard any jumat service or Muslim gathering preach in English! Majority of those gathered in that mosque are from Hausa Fulani stock and these Hausa Fulani mosques are conducted their service in Hausa or at least Arabic.

Even in Yoruba mosques, English is not used in preaching sermons but Yoruba.

This is when I knew these vagrants used the opportunity of Rivers rightly demolishing their mosque to go head on to paint Wike as an Islamaphobe.

All this because Wike dared to declare Rivers as a Christian State.
How dare he! Does Wike not know that the Sultan is by constitutional default supreme and permanent head of all traditional stools in Nigeria?

We must stand with Wike and shout it loud for them to hear that Rivers, the entire better South is Christian!.
Rivers state is neither an Hausa state nor Yoruba state, I believe majority of people in the mosque are people from different ethnic background, English is the only way they can pass information, why must we allowed our self to be used by this wicked politician to continue to use religion to divide us, why they and their immediate family enjoys our common wealth, who religion help.....

3 Likes

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Seetto: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:
[s][/s]

Rivers is Christian!

If you don't like it come and convert Rivers to Islam the old fashioned way through Jihad.

You will all become fish food alongside your Koran in the Atlantic.
I don't know that we have dead living miscreants on nairaland, taught is everybody here that is normal....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 10:10am On Aug 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Rivers state is a Christian state.

With time, all those mosque will be pulled down....

They left Buhari that wants universal sharia law in Nigeria. They forgot BH that has wide support and sympathy from among Northern Muslims. They forgot El Rufai killing Christians in southern kaduna and subjugating them to slave class citizens .

But they are pained by Wike's consecration of Rivers as a Christiandom!

There is really power in the name of Yeshua Christi!

Deus vult

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 10:13am On Aug 27, 2019
[s]
Seetto:

I don't know that we have dead living miscreants on nairaland, taught is everybody here that is normal....
[/s]

We are waiting for you jihadist bokos

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2019
[s]
Seetto:

Rivers state is neither an Hausa state nor Yoruba state, I believe majority of people in the mosque are people from different ethnic background, English is the only way they can pass information, why must we allowed our self to be used by this wicked politician to continue to use religion to divide us, why they and their immediate family enjoys our common wealth, who religion help.....
[/s]

So there were Effik, Ikwere, Kalabari and the chief Imam is from Afikpo.

Gerrahere

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by BrightJay: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2019
Seetto:

Are you sure of this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 10:21am On Aug 27, 2019
BrightJay:

Are you sure of this?

Tell him.

Nobody from the better south will subject themselves to a semi illiterate vagrant Boko mallam.

The few Muslim converts in the Better South will have their own mosques.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TooMuchStuff: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2019
E be like say this thread don dey do Jihad on top Jihadists o...!

Political power which we Christians always take as a gift from God and Man to better the lots of all people in the community concerned is usually viewed by Muslims as an instrument to oppress the Jews/Christians.

That's what Hadith and Quran teach the Muslims !
Discrimination against non Muslims.
That's why each time a Christian is in power in any community harbouring Muslims, they get jittery thinking he wants to revenge the Evil done to them in the past hence the pity seeking rhetorical wailing.

Truth is that most Christian Communities in the North are being rule and governed by Hausafulani Muslims to the detriment of the majority Christians. Take kaduna as an example, after katsina state was created in 1987 by IBB, the state capital down to kafanchan has over 90% Christians and non Muslims population while zaria axis with many higher institutions of learning with over 30% Christians population too should have a Christian governor emerging continously cos they are majority but look at the nonsense Elrufai is doing upandan in Kaduna today? Pure jihad and rascality.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 10:42am On Aug 27, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
E be like say this thread don dey do Jihad on top Jihadists o...!

Political power which we Christians always take as a gift from God and Man to better the lots of all people in the community concerned is usually viewed by Muslims as an instrument to oppress the Jews/Christians.

That's what Hadith and Quran stands for.
Discrimination against non Muslims.
That's why each time a Christian is in power in any community harbouring Muslims, they get jittery thinking he wants to revenge the Evil done to them in the past hence the pity seeking rhetorical wailing.

Truth is that most Christian Communities in the North are being rule and governed by Hausafulani Muslims to the detriment of the majority Christians. Take kaduna as an example, after katsina state was created in 1987 by IBB, the state capital down to kafanchan has over 90% Christians and non Muslims population while zaria axis with many higher institutions of learning with over 30% Christians population too

The north does not owe anybody apologies when they flaunt their Islamic superiority.

Wike then comes along as declares Rivers rightly as Christian and Muslims are wailing Islamaphobe!

Muslims are the worst hypocrites ever!

They will claim persecution when they are a minority but will enforce full oppression on non Muslims when they are a majority.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TooMuchStuff: 10:59am On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

The north does not owe anybody apologies when they flaunt their Islamic superiority.

Wike then comes along as declares Rivers rightly as Christian and Muslims are wailing Islamaphobe!

Muslims are the worst hypocrites ever!

They will claim persecution when they are a minority but will enforce full oppression on non Muslims when they are a majority.
My brother I live all my life in Hausafulani Muslims communities till date across the North.
They worship political power as religion. When you pity them like Buhari was shedding fake tears in 2011, and gave them power they immediately start oppressing you and taking away far from you the capacity to come back to power as Buhari is treating GEJ family and Southerners generally.
Don't blame them but blame Islam.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Seetto: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:
[s][/s]

Gerrahere
I believe you have never be to Muslim gatherings, in a gathering of yourbas they speak Yoruba, in a gathering of Hausa they speak Hausa, in a mixed gathering the speak general language which is English, do you have problem with that...
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 11:07am On Aug 27, 2019
[s]
Seetto:

I believe you have never be to Muslim gatherings, in a gathering of yourbas they speak Yoruba, in a gathering of Hausa they speak Hausa, in a mixed gathering the speak general language which is English, do you have problem with that...
[/s]

Rivers is Christian!

All those Muslims in that video are HAUSA Fulani oyoruba.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Seetto: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:
[s][/s]

Rivers is Christian!

All those Muslims in that video are HAUSA Fulani oyoruba.

Enjoy your Christian state, are you happy...

1 Like

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
Seetto:

Enjoy your Christian state, are you happy...

As long as it pains you to know that there is a state in Nigeria that has been consecrated to Christ and the Church then I must say I am pleased.

Now go and face your ruga

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Cletus77(m): 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2019
All the countries with Christian majority doesn't label their countries Christian Republics or federation because they respect even the tiniest religious minorities.

Muslims are quick to name their countries Islamic republics, which I have no problem with that. But the issue is that.. they're always looking for a privilege that they can't give. Believe me, if they were the majority in the world and controlled what we control today, they'll be nothing like religious tolerance

I will even be the first to declare a Christian State if given the opportunity and heaven will not fall!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Zikora1000(f): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2019
I stand with Wike Biko. the old eastern region belongs to Christ. If you don't like it, Maiduguri is waiting, feel free to move to that place

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by ProfBrugo: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
I read somewhere that if Christianity had a militant/extremist wing, it would be headquartered in Biafra land.

This is simply because of a culture of exclusion. Wike embodies this sentiment. This is evident in his tendencies to trivialise intolerance and threaten violence against ethno-political opponents.

Hiding under the blanket of an Old Testament principle of “an eye for an eye” to deride and hate your neighbours (who are gentiles by the situation of their births) is totally in opposition to the principle of Love which Jesus and Paul preached.

It appears one of the factors preventing more igbos from wholeheartedly declaring for Nnamdi Kanu is his concept of the creator whom he calls Chukwu Okike Abiama who may share some attributes with the Christian God but is essentially a member of the native pantheon.
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
Cletus77:
All the countries with Christian majority doesn't label their countries Christian Republics or federation because they respect even the tiniest religious minorities.

Muslims are quick to name their countries Islamic republics, which I have no problem with that. But the issue is that.. they're always looking for a privilege that they can't give. Believe me, if they were the majority in the world and controlled what we control today, they'll be nothing like religious tolerance

I will even be the first to declare a Christian State if given the opportunity and heaven will not fall!
Before the first world war, majority of Christian dominated countries in Europe proudly identified as Christian States!

Majority of Western European countries have a cross in their flag. The banner of Christ was raised to represent their nation state.

Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and England hold this tradition in their flags.

Before WW1 there existed the Holy Roman Empire, not to be confused with the Roman Catholic Church. The Holy Roman Empire included Germany, Austria, Bulgaria and Hungary.

This empire was guided by conservative Christian beliefs.

It was destroyed by the Jews in both world wars. Sadly,it is offensive to identify as Christian in today's Europe, all this is the work of Jewish subversion which has made mockery of the church and elevated masonic tools to power to further destroy Christianity.

If any politician identifies as Christian he is seen as heretic and superstitious but not long ago being a conservative Christian was the only way one could be elevated to leadership positions and the results of that Christian society is Christian civilization that has benefited mankind than any other religion.

The Muslims in Nigeria are applying the same Jewish tactics of degrading anyone who identifies with Christianity as a religious fanatic just as one idiot in this thread quickly labelled me here.

If they can be proud of their Arabic superstitious and Jewish invented nonsense, I don't understand what is their headache if Wike declares Rivers for Christ.

Flag below is that of the defunct Holy Roman Empire.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
ProfBrugo:
I read somewhere that if Christianity had a militant/extremist wing, it would be headquartered in Biafra land.

This is simply because of a culture of exclusion. Wike embodies this sentiment. This is evident in his tendencies to trivialise intolerance and threaten violence against ethno-political opponents.

Hiding under the blanket of an Old Testament principle of “an eye for an eye” to deride and hate your neighbours (who are gentiles by the situation of their births) is totally in opposition to the principle of Love which Jesus and Paul preached.

It appears one of the factors preventing more igbos from wholeheartedly declaring for Nnamdi Kanu is his concept of the creator whom he calls Chukwu Okike Abiama who may share some attributes with the Christian God but is essentially a member of the native pantheon.

Take your bullsh!t tolerance to sambisa.

The Muslim north discusses and plans daily on how to wipe out Christianity from Nigeria and conquer all peoples under their satanic banner.

Their vagrant mobs are on standby day and night waiting for the order to loot, rape and kill non Muslims in their midst - all it will take is one call from a mosque's minaret speakers.

Christian tolerance should never be taken for weakness.

Christ will not come down and fight to defend us, He will only come down to protect us when in battle.

Heaven helps those who help themselves.

Self preservation is a God given right which must not be discarded on the principles of weakness masked as Christian tolerance.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Charleys: 3:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:
[s][/s]

Gerrahere

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by GreyLaw(m): 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
And just when you think you are following the discussion someone talks about the "culture of love" preached by Paul and Christ. Some Christians are blind and rightly so. The love Jesus talked about was that which is to exist between individuals or families or even enemies. It never meant to fold your arms and "love" an enemy State or country as they advance to destroy your life and territory.

As a leader, you may have to go to war to defend the life and territory of your nation, and this has nothing to do with love or hate. People preach what they do not understand. If not that people stood up to Buhari and his wicked intention to take people's land by force, in the next 30-50 years most of the Southern states would have been overrun by these jihadists from Mali and CAR.

Look at the two democratic lawmakers in the US who rode on the votes of a majorly Christian population, a country whose constitution is made from the Bible and whose founding fathers honoured the Christian faith, looking down on and insulting Israel. Name one of the republics of the other faith that has Christians as lawmakers. Nonsense!

Keep preaching what you don't know until your state and country is overrun by jihadists and your children won't have a conducive environment to even mention the name of Christ.

The core North are never ashamed to tell you through government policies and everything they do that they are Muslim. I have never had problems with them doing so. I respect it. Why then is Wike being disturbed for telling the world that his state is factually and correctly Christian?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
GreyLaw:
And just when you think you are following the discussion someone talks about the "culture of love" preached by Paul and Christ. Some Christians are blind and rightly so. The love Jesus talked about was that which is to exist between individuals or families or even enemies. It never meant to fold your arms and "love" an enemy State or country as they advance to destroy your life and territory.

As a leader, you may have to go to war to defend the life and territory of your nation, and this has nothing to do with love or hate. People preach what they do not understand. If not that people stood up to Buhari and his wicked intention to take people's land by force, in the next 30-50 years most of the Southern states would have been overrun by these jihadists from Mali and CAR.

Look at the two democratic lawmakers in the US who rode on the votes of a majorly Christian population, a country whose constitution is made from the Bible and whose founding fathers honoured the Christian faith, looking down on and insulting Israel. Name one of the republics of the other faith that has Christians as lawmakers. Nonsense!

Keep preaching what you don't know until your state and country is overrun by jihadists and your children won't have a conducive environment to even mention the name of Christ.

The core North are never ashamed to tell you through government policies and everything they do that they are Muslim. I have never had problems with them doing so. I respect it. Why then is Wike being disturbed for telling the world that his state is factually and correctly Christian?

The Fulani used Islam as an instrument to rally support and seize power. They are still deploying such tactics in the north and any dissenting voice in the north against the House of Don Fodio is treated as an apostate (see Maitatsine and El Zackzacky).

Fulani political hegemony is now so inter weaved into northern Islamic doctrine that anybody who goes against Fulani authority (be it a devout Muslim scholar) is declared a heretic and apostate.

The Fulani failed in conquering Jukum land because in their early attempts at settling down and building a mosque close to the Jukum palace which housed a shrine to the Jukum gods, was rejected by the Jukum King who inquired from the Fulanis if he as a jukum man can be allowed to build a shrine to his god in front of their Amir Palace in Kano.

Fulanis have been building mosques at the center of major southern towns and cities since the end of the civil war during the military dispensations.

This is a deliberate ploy to have symbols of Islam at the very core of the city.

These mosques have been referred to as their fortress, armoury and barracks which also doubles as their shelters.

Before long, they will begin to spread their settlements around the mosque and before you know it you have a "Hausa" quarters in your midst.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by husbandsnatcha(f): 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2019
....proudly ikwerre smiley

portharcourt is a christian state , if muslims dont like it they should be on their own up north i mean Create their own country ....nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dare Kadiri Drags Ogun Assembly To Court, Demands N1.5bn Damages / Edo PDP Crisis: Etsako Central Suspends Party Chairman / Polls Violence: Northerners In Onitsha Flee To Asaba, Army Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.