Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Abia @28: I Don't Care About Quantity, Speed Of Projects But Quality - Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia @28: I Don't Care About Quantity, Speed Of Projects But Quality - Ikpeazu (213 Views)

Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria / Ugwuanyi Tasks Contractors On Speedy Completion Of Projects / Delayed Budgets Hinder Completion Of Projects -president Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia @28: I Don't Care About Quantity, Speed Of Projects But Quality - Ikpeazu by Metrixnews: 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
The Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has flayed those criticizing his government for alleged slow pace of work, saying his concern is on the quality of work done not the speed and quantity.

He stated this on Tuesday during a broadcast to mark the 28th anniversary of the creation of the state.

He insisted that contrary to what was obtainable, no project bring constructed under his government will collapse during the lifetime of his administration.

"Beloved Abians, I am not unaware of the complaints that have been made in certain quarters that our projects are slow and delayed. My response to that is that we are more interested in the quality of projects we undertake than the quantity and the speed of completion.

"We have no interest in speedily completing projects for accolades and applause only for the projects to fail shortly after. Our administration is building to last. Within the bounds of the resources available to us, we will spread them equitably across sectors while ensuring that we get optimal value for every money we spend. I have said it before and I will like to reiterate it that no road built under our administration will collapse in the lifetime of our administration contrary to what was hitherto obtainable. We do not have the money to be returning to the same project every year. We will rather take time to painstakingly do a project once and for all than rush to finish a project within a year and it will fail by the next year.

He also challenged Abians to take a tour of the roads the administration has constructed since it came on board.

"It is for this reason that I invite you to take time to check Oomne Road, Kamalu Road, Faulks Road, Ehere, Chima Nwafor/MCC, Ukaegbu, Umuola, Ovom, Samek, Tonimas, ENUC, Umuatako, Isingwu-Ossah, Ukaegbu Estate, Low –cost Housing Estate internal roads and a whole lot of other roads that we have done which have remained undented after several rainy seasons over the past 4 years. I also invite Abians, users and residents of these roads to cast their minds back to the condition of these roads before our administration came on board. We agree that there is still a lot of work left to be done. But we take pride in the ones we have done so far." he stated.

Source: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/08/abia-28-i-dont-care-about-quantity-speed-of-projects-but-quality-says-ikpeazu/

cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Abia @28: I Don't Care About Quantity, Speed Of Projects But Quality - Ikpeazu by Ojiofor: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
So far you, Okezie Ikpeazu have failed both in quantity and in quality period.

(1) (Reply)

Court Schedule September 11th To Hear Shi'ites Case Facing Its Proscription. / Ekiti Assembly Summons Fayose, Aide, Others Over Alleged Fraud / Nigerian Journalist Charged With Treason For Criticising Governor Ayade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.