Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. (973 Views)

2023: Obasanjo Backs Akinwunmi Adesina Over Tinubu / Anna Cunningham, Phil Hazelwood Slam Femi Adesina For 'lying' Over Casualties / Nigerians Blast Adesina For Saying Deaths In PDP Are More Than Deaths In APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Ideyontop: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2019
He is intelligent, smart, strategic, a man of high morale and most importantly God fearing. This is the kind of peraon who should be in charge of the affairs of a great country like Nigeria.

He has achieved a lot. He reformed the Nigerian agricultural sector, is doing amazing at the African Development Bank as President amongst other things.

With his pictures with world leaders recently, we need such a breed to rule this our country that has been bedeviled with bad leaders.

Akinwumi "Akin" Adesina is the President of the African Development Bank. He previously served as Nigeria's Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development.[2] Until his appointment as Minister in 2010, he was Vice President of Policy and Partnerships for the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA).[3] In 2015, he was elected as the President of the African Development Bank. He was the first Nigerian to hold the post( culled from Wikipedia )
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Blizzy9ja: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
The North won't like him... They hate competent people

4 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Ideyontop: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
Blizzy9ja:

If this is true, should we now join them in this foolishness and suffer along?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
Even me I don't like him.
Let him go and contest, in his father's compound.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Ideyontop: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Even me I don't like him.

Let him go and contest, in his father's compound.

You should state an intelligent reason for disliking him for such position.

4 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by MrColdsweat: 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ideyontop:

That is why democracy is unhealthy in country with no philia.

To hijack a democratic government, all you need to do is appeal to the emotions of the majority.

To be president of Nigeria, all you need to do is be an Islamic extremist and buy kettle for the abokis to wash uncircumcised genitals or to hide their alcohol, or give them money to marry new 6 year old girls, you become president.

Shekau has a better chance at being president than this adesina.

Islam is the problem of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ideyontop:

You should state an intelligent reason for disliking him for such position.

I have done that already, let him go and contest in his father's compound.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Ideyontop: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I have done that already, let him go and contest in his father's compound.

You made zero sense sir, sorry to say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by MetaPhysical: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2019
Nigerian Presidency will be a demotion for him. He needs to remain at international level.

World Bank
IMF
UN.

Find someone else to govern Nigeria.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ideyontop:

You made zero sense sir, sorry to say.
Ride on with your hundred sense, sir.
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Blizzy9ja: 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ideyontop:

God forbid
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by agabusta: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
A worthy candidate. I prefer him to other suitable candidates like Osinbajo, Fashola, Obi, etc

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by rummmy: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2019
I will support him as long as he will only be the President of afonja republic
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Ooap(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
Good
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by JonDon12: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
MrColdsweat:
That is why democracy is unhealthy in country with no philia.

To hijack a democratic government, all you need to do is appeal to the emotions of the majority.

To be president of Nigeria, all you need to do is be an Islamic extremist and buy kettle for the abokis to wash uncircumcised genitals or to hide their alcohol, or give them money to marry new 6 year old girls, you become president.

Shekau has a better chance at being president than this adesina.

Islam is the problem of Nigeria.

You are right. Islam and some cowards in the south. (We know who they are)
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by doctokwus: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Blizzy9ja:
Please what makes him competent for the post?
Oh,I forgot he is the president of African Development bank and sat at a meeting with world leaders.Oh,lastly,he dresses in smart suit and bow ties.
Nigerians and their mentality.
It's like Man Utd employing David Moyes then.Just because he kept Everton in the mid table of the premiership for about 10yrs,he became a top class coach that Man Utd were desperate to and indeed did hire.The rest they say is history.
The deceit of Buhari doesn't seem to have thought Nigerians any lesson it seems.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Blizzy9ja: 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
doctokwus:

Oh,I forgot he is the president of African Development bank and sat at a meeting with world leaders.Oh,lastly,he dresses in smart suit and bow ties.
It's like Man Utd employing David Moyes then.Just because he kept Everton in the mid table of the premiership for about 10yrs,he became a top class coach that Man Utd were desperate to and indeed did hire.The rest they say is history.
The deceit of Buhari doesn't seem to have thought Nigerians any lesson it seems.
Was your buhari exposed even an inch?
Re: Akinwunmi Adesina For President Movement. by Blizzy9ja: 11:11am On Aug 29, 2019
doctokwus:

What kind dumb comparison is that? Is Buhari and Adeshina in the same class?

A man that singlehandedly led Nigeria into recession twice in its histroy

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Makkah For UK On 2-Week Private Visit / Why Governor Makinde Has Been Winning People's Hearts And Media Fascination / Sowore might have been Assassinated.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.