Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones (30950 Views)

The Future Of Smartphone Designs. / Is This The Future Of Smartphones? (PHOTOS) / List Of Smartphones That Support Quick Charge 4.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by OttHin: 6:03am On Aug 28, 2019
Gadafii:
When u put u phone in ur pocket without looking it

It will dial ur ex number

Brake up with ur current girlfriend

Put u up for sale on eBay

Send neeked pictures to family WhatsApp group chat etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Stevengold(m): 6:04am On Aug 28, 2019
This OPPO of a phone is beggining to make name o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 28, 2019
Bacteriologist:
The rest of the world keep taking risks, conducting research and breaking barriers. But what do we have in Nigeria? Religious backwardness and political ignorance; intellectually lazy people who derive joy in things that do not matter.

A people divided on ethno-religious and political grounds and who have chosen to make ignorance and fraud the qualities they desire in themselves is a people bound to remain stagnant. I rest.

I couldn't agree more, Mr!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by lloyds(m): 6:16am On Aug 28, 2019
China taking over the world. Surely.

Trump take note.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by d33types: 6:19am On Aug 28, 2019
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Waterfall screen technology concept is a new design recently unveiled by Chinese smartphone giant Oppo. It’s just a curved screen, curving the side edges of the display to an extreme degree. It is just like the curved screen you see on Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Note devices but far more extreme. The curve is so extreme to the point that you can’t see any bezels at the edge of the phone. But when you look at the sides, you can see where the screen ends and where the bezel begins. The question on everyone’s mind right now is, will the screen at the edges be disabled so when you hold it, it won’t start operating itself. Also, where will the front camera be? Unless there is a plan to make the front camera under the display. Of course, that’s the only solution.

The thing that will frighten users the most is the fact that if the phone drops in the floor or hard surface, will that be the end of the device? Oppo has not announced any date when the waterdrop screen will be made available. Neither has the company answered any question about it since the unveiling. One thing is obvious right now in the smartphone industry. The Chinese are now setting the pace for others to follow.

I’m sure if the concept becomes a success it won’t be long before the likes of Apple, Samsung and others join the trend. What do you think about the new water screen technology? Tell us in the comment section.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/waterfall-screen-the-future-of-smartphones/

OP ,your slowness nor get part 2.
Edge displays have been part of the Samsung galaxy series since 2017.

OPPO just gave edge displays another name and you're so blind to see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by femi4: 6:21am On Aug 28, 2019
skukimania:
Where is the waterfall?
the edges of the screen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Olaola99: 6:26am On Aug 28, 2019
Am waiting for everybody to coment B4 I found it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by skukimania(f): 6:38am On Aug 28, 2019
femi4:
the edges of the screen

Oh, thank you. I was expecting to see something that looks like a waterfall before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by femi4: 6:39am On Aug 28, 2019
skukimania:

Oh, thank you. I was expecting to see something that looks like a waterfall before.
you're welcome ...Nokia is already using it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by dangoteinlaw: 6:47am On Aug 28, 2019
Yea I understand what they are trying to do, totally eliminating those volume and power button. That would be genuis. Those 3 buttons have been left untouched no matter how many innovations smartphones kept bringing in the past but this time Maybe they found a way to get around it. Hepatic touch should be the answer if I should guess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by holafloyd(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2019
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Waterfall screen technology concept is a new design recently unveiled by Chinese smartphone giant Oppo. It’s just a curved screen, curving the side edges of the display to an extreme degree. It is just like the curved screen you see on Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Note devices but far more extreme. The curve is so extreme to the point that you can’t see any bezels at the edge of the phone. But when you look at the sides, you can see where the screen ends and where the bezel begins. The question on everyone’s mind right now is, will the screen at the edges be disabled so when you hold it, it won’t start operating itself. Also, where will the front camera be? Unless there is a plan to make the front camera under the display. Of course, that’s the only solution.

The thing that will frighten users the most is the fact that if the phone drops in the floor or hard surface, will that be the end of the device? Oppo has not announced any date when the waterdrop screen will be made available. Neither has the company answered any question about it since the unveiling. One thing is obvious right now in the smartphone industry. The Chinese are now setting the pace for others to follow.

I’m sure if the concept becomes a success it won’t be long before the likes of Apple, Samsung and others join the trend. What do you think about the new water screen technology? Tell us in the comment section.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/waterfall-screen-the-future-of-smartphones/

Oya phone freaks over to you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by starbright4real(m): 6:53am On Aug 28, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by crystalodd: 6:59am On Aug 28, 2019
Todays game is Available Just Call or WhatsApp
070--8588--4203

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Komu1048(m): 7:11am On Aug 28, 2019
Please someone should help me with civil defense job registration link

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Neoteny(m): 7:17am On Aug 28, 2019
post=81678258:
This is a very good and nice one...
But,
SAMSUNG still remain: THE KING OF PHONES!
Rocking the SAMSUNG Galaxy S10 Plus as we type...... wink

Meanwhile, A picture speaks more than a thousand words.....
Only the wise can relate to this picture below.......

You've not sold enough BBQ to buy one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Passionate888: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2019
post=81678258:
This is a very good and nice one... But, SAMSUNG still remain: THE KING OF PHONES! Rocking the SAMSUNG Galaxy S10 Plus as we type...... wink

Meanwhile, A picture speaks more than a thousand words..... Only the wise can relate to this picture below.......
no Nairaland?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2019
I saw it on youtube but Samsung started the project but they cancelled it so oppo copied it.samsung is on working on another big unsual design smiley smiley
Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by nkem1992: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2019
post=81678279:

When you open the phone, you will see the water falling from the top of the battery! wink
Una no kill person for nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by mechanics(m): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2019
post=81678258:
But,

does the battery last and how much is the phone?
Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by HabaHaba: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2019
Gadafii:
When u put u phone in ur pocket without looking it

It will dial ur ex number

Brake up with ur current girlfriend

Put u up for sale on eBay

Send neeked pictures to family WhatsApp group chat etc

Weyrey ni eleyi o! cool
Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
About inscreen camera, I think Samsung is the first to design the prototype though they are reluctant in manufacturing one just yet...
Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
Technology is taking over the world.
Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by themanderon: 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
post=81678258:
But,

I relate grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2019
post=81678258:
But,

you sold your sanity cos of ordinary S10, oh! BBQ business no dey pay again as Buhari has made Nigeria poverty headquarters
Re: Waterfall Screen: The Future Of Smartphones by tck2000(m): 10:04am On Nov 17, 2019
Waterfall

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image. / Tutorial: How To Download .jar Files With Operamini 5 / Why Don’t Nigerians Keep Their Phones In Their Pockets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.