Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

RENO: Buhari Was Not Invited To The G-7 Summit Because Of Bad Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RENO: Buhari Was Not Invited To The G-7 Summit Because Of Bad Governance (245 Views)

Reno: Buhari Has Borrowed More Than All The 14 Presidents Before Him Combined / Reno: Buhari, Osinbajo Still On Twitter Yet NBC Orders Stations To Deactivate / Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RENO: Buhari Was Not Invited To The G-7 Summit Because Of Bad Governance by Biafraod: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2019
My attention has been drawn to a planted story by the Nigerian Presidency, claiming that my tweet that General Buhari was not invited to the G 7 Summit because of his misrule is “misleading”. I am glad they did not say I lied. They only said it is misleading. Since that is the case, let me clarify.

The article claimed that African nations are invited to the G-7 on a rotational basis. This is not true. African nations are invited to the G-7 based on their economy and their governance and the RELEVANCE of both of these to the G-7.

For instance, the largest economies in Africa will usually be invited, except where such economies have governance challenges arising from misrule or other anti democracies practices, such as compromised elections.

Nigeria is Africa’s largest economy (due to past governments, not the Buhari junta) and should naturally be invited to represent Africa at the G-7. The claim by the Presidency’s hired guns that Nigeria was not invited due to the rotational invitation policy does not hold water.

Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame was invited to the 2018 G-7 summit which held in Quebec, Canada in June of 2018. He is also invited to and is attending the ongoing G-7 summit holding in Biarritz, France.

If the invitations were done rotationally, as the Presidency’s hired guns would like Nigerians to believe, Kagame would not have been invited to the G-7 back to back. Kagame was invited back to back because he is relevant to the G-7.

The truth is that Nigeria was not invited to the G-7 summit because of governance and democracy challenges. For example, just a week before the summit began, Nigeria was censured for misrule by a G-7 member state.

It will be recalled that on August 18, 2019, just a week before the G-7 summit in France began, the US Department of State released the 2019 Fiscal Transparency Report which classified the General Buhari led Nigerian government as “not fiscally transparent.”.....Readmore...

CONTINUE READING; https://odinceblog.com/reno-buhari-was-not-invited-to-the-g-7-summit-because-of-bad-governance/

Re: RENO: Buhari Was Not Invited To The G-7 Summit Because Of Bad Governance by Kingosytex(m): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2019
cheesy Reno just dey attack the Ruga man front, back, left, right and centre, him no wan give the man some space. Wetin Mallam Ruga do Reno abeg? Reno don de take this matter personal cheesycheesy

(1) (Reply)

Sowore Should Beg For Forgiveness Now / Buhari Welcomes Investments From Japan Bank, Toyota / Gov. Abiodun Forged Fake INEC Document To Blackmail Us At Supreme Court – Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.