Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Why Businesses Started By Foreigners Or Returnees Are More Successful In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Businesses Started By Foreigners Or Returnees Are More Successful In Nigeria (266 Views)

LTT Coastal & Marine Services Accused Of Giving Foreigners Jobs Over Nigerians / Successful Businesses Started By Youths In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Businesses Started By Foreigners Or Returnees Are More Successful In Nigeria by menwubiye(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2019
It has been a global anthem that Nigeria of today is the best place to start any business.
Yes, that’s true. You can even take it to any bank and deposit it for cash.

Starting a business in Nigeria is the Simplest and amazing thing to do especially if its in a production or manufacturing sector of the country.

The simple truth is that foreigners or people who returned from Abroad do very well in starting a business to a successful height in Nigeria. If am joking think of anyone you know that falls into this category and check it out.

For a typical Nigerian based like me and probably you who has only traveled far and wide across the globe on screens and dreams the story is typically different.

We are over 90% discouraged even before we start any business venture.

There are a lot of distractions in our ways. Distractions such as not knowing what to do, no fund, no information, no support, finding customers and the list go on and on.

But I asked myself this one simple questions…

What are these other people doing that is so different? To me its nothing special that anyone on earth can’t do.
What is it that makes them different? Am so sure it is not about their education level or connections... some of us have these too yet NO LEVEL!

What is that special thing that gives them that advantage?

There are many more questions to be asked but let’s keep this post as short as possible.

Since 2017 when I did my NYSC in Lagos, this has been my line of thinking as I believe there are more answers to my questions than the questions itself.

So, after the ups and downs, I was able to navigate and narrow it down into 4 simple things.
1. Mindset
2. Focus
3. Investment
4. Monitoring
Let me try to explain them in with my little English

1. Mindset

This is basically a sought of the belief system.
To me every Nigerian you meet on has a mindset. And for the youths, we all believe we will make it very soon.
The difference between these set of people and us is that they make a decision and fast irrespective of what other people may have to say about it. All they need is to do the right due diligence.
For us, we tend to make a decision fast too YES! But the due diligence is lacking way behind in our action plan so we prefer to work blindly.

2. Focus
The ability to pick and hold unto one thing for a long period of time.
This is one of the greatest differences between us and them. We are very less focused on our actions; we don’t keep our works consistent. For them, once the decision is made, the due diligence is made and it is positive, they start and hold onto it.
For us here once we pick up a mindset usually from a friend or during the new year, we briefly check how much can be made from such activity and we hit the road while even spending some cash at some point. Then all of a sudden it hit us that it’s not what we wanted or we see another mouthwatering offer.

3. Investment
I know that your mind is saying that we are most times broke compared to them… Yes, you are right we are.
But here is the thing. This set of people don’t just spend to start a business just because they want to but they do a lot of findings and information digging. They spend more money and time investing in themselves about what they want to start before even starting.
For us, once we are confident about what we heard the next thing is to ask how much to start the business and that’s all…we jump in or we search for who will give us that business capital.

4. Monitoring
This is one of the most important aspects of them all. For those guys, they give their all to build the business and practically worship it once it starts to gain momentum.
For us, we try to give our all to start the business but once it gaining a little momentum, the ‘I have arrived syndrome’ sets in.
I have not cracked all the code yet but this is the little I have learned so far.

To succeed in Nigeria, you will need what you already have (Mindset, Information) and what you don’t have (Information, Monitoring ability) and you are positioned for success.

I have used this not new information to start and grow myself in the agricultural sector of the country… all thanks to the likes of Myfambase, Samson Ogbole, BIC farms, FFC for their great impact.

As a little give back from me, I will be helping 5 individuals who have either 50k, 100k, 150k or 200k budget to start their own business in their locality before the end of September for free.

I will help you gather all the information you will need to start that business of your choice in your locality.

I will try my best to make the document as locally relevant as possible.

In the document, I will be helping you discover...

About the chosen venture
The market potentials
The work needed to be done
The potential return on investment
Things needed to start which will include equipment, materials, staffs.
Best places to get the things needed for your locality
Education/ experience required to enter into the business
Registration needed
Current regulations
Marketing of the final products.

The happy thing is that these 5 people will not pay me a dime for my work. And after the 5 people, I will get back to monitoring my business again.

If you are interested to be selected as one of the beneficiaries, this is the requirements.
1. You must one of the serious Nigerians left to succeed.
2. Work on the 4 factors highlighted in this post.
3. Make sure you have the financial budget as stated above ready somewhere to act if you are satisfied with the document that will be delivered to you.
4. Decide on the business of your interest… NOTE (I will only focus on manufacturing or production using Nigeria Raw materials). All physical business.
5. Decide on the location you will set it up
6. Wait! Wait!! Wait!!!... Think about it for 24 hours and be sure it’s what you want
7. Come back to this post and look through the comment section in the next 4 hours for how to be a beneficiary from this offer.
Re: Why Businesses Started By Foreigners Or Returnees Are More Successful In Nigeria by menwubiye(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
To benefit from this offer Send the name of your Business interest, location, and the budget you intend starting with to menwubieye@gmail.com or call 08026521855.
Example (snail farming in Karu Abuja, 100k)

(1) (Reply)

Paid Volunteer As A Social Media PR / It Administrator / Nigera @59 And China @70 Why You Cannot Compare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.