Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India (12034 Views)

Nigerian Brothers Plead Guilty To Planning Sextortion Scheme / 5 Young Men Lured By Fake Job Offer Brutally Murdered By Mexican Drug Cartel / Nigerian Brothers Extradited To US Over ‘Sextortion’ Of Young Men, Teenagers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by Starz825(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Thank God...its the other way round this time grin...they robbed a nigerian..first time wink
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by safetyInspector(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Village man that don't know how dubious Indians are. Lack of traveling is really having a negative effect on most of you guys. No wonder they say that travelling is part of education.
Oduduwa707:
Either the perpetrators are the usual suspects from SE 9ja as usual or they collaborated / connived with local Indians to commit the act. grin

Regardless... I go still hail dem as usual grin
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
TechCapon:
Lol, Nigerians have been in the news for all the wrong reasons. This news is a breath of fresh air. At least it's not a Nigerian who stole the money so in a way, this is good news.

LMAO
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by wink2015(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
Priscy01:
Two Nigerian brothers have been robbed of $1,800 near a guest house in Sector 52, Gurugram, India.

The unnamed brothers had arrived the country for a surgery at a private hospital, two days earlier before they were robbed of their money by three persons, including a woman, Igbere TV learnt.

Police said the suspects posed as police officers and insisted on checking the currency that the two brothers were carrying.

One of the complainants told the police on Monday that they arrived Gurugram on Thursday for his brother’s urological surgery at a hospital in Sector 51.

They had booked a room at a guest house near the hospital.

The incident took place around 4.20 pm on Saturday when the victims were returning to their room after visiting the hospital.

“We were outside the guest house when a silver-coloured car stopped near us. There were two men and a woman in the car. They said they were police officials and wanted to check our passports and the currency that we were carrying,” the victim was quoted saying.

Police said that the complainant later realised that the suspects had allegedly taken $1,800 from the total cash which he had given them for checking.

Sub-inspector Mahesh Kumar said the suspects were not wearing police uniforms.

“They checked the victim’s passport and currency while sitting in the car. They posed as police officers, but were not armed. We have retrieved the CCTV footage of the incident, but the car’s registration number is not clearly visible. The suspects are yet to be arrested. Police are investigating the case,” he said.

http://igberetvnews.com/942280/nigerian-brothers-robbed-of-1800-by-fake-policemen-in-india/

IS FAKE POLICEMEN STILL IN INDIA ?
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by hilaryCU(m): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
They do this kind of thing especially at their Mumbai airport. I can remember when they tried this kind of stunt on me with threats of deportation, but been a regular traveler to India then, i challenged them for us to go and meet the immigration that cleared me for entry.

That was when they entered their vehicle and left. I equally helped a fellow Nigerian that they also want to exploit that day because that was his first time of coming to India.
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by Klington: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
[s]
Oduduwa707:
Either the perpetrators are the usual suspects from SE 9ja as usual or they collaborated / connived with local Indians to commit the act. grin

Regardless... I go still hail dem as usual grin
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by lukman885(m): 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
Haleluyah.
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by KenechukwuEdu: 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
APOPTOSIS:
How is that POSSIBLE..??
Those NIGERIANS have failed us.
We categorically disown them
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by lugzii: 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
Same thing was done to my brother in Barcelona, Spain. He had some cash in his passport, two men accosted his and asked for his passport, he gave it to them without removing the cash. They removed part of it, he only discovered when he got to his hotel.

I over abuse am. broad daylight
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
This news will not stop obodo oyibo people from placing these Indians above Africans.

How these brown people suddenly became better than us that some of us now go there for surgery and schooling beats my imagination.

I hope they catch the thieves but I doubt.
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by tiger28: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2019
It's an inside job.....some Nigerians were involved.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by sacx: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nigeria 80 - 1 Rest of the world grin
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2019
TechCapon:
Lol, Nigerians have been in the news for all the wrong reasons. This news is a breath of fresh air. At least it's not a Nigerian who stole the money so in a way, this is good news.
Sharap
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by femi4: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2019
Make them check well....they were probably robbed by Nigerian-Indian policemen
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by whizbee(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
Spar7tan:
I thought these people are only known for dancing in movies, so their police sabi this thing? Nawa, anyway na learner dem be compare to Nigerian shocked

They have the most corrupt police force in the world tho
Re: Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India by Litmus: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
TechCapon:

This sentiment right here sort of justyfies why i have always argued that this apparent Nigerians obsessions with if they are corrupt or not is related to colonialism. I mean specifically how the white colonialist tried to convince thire subjects that being ruled was good for them because blacks were moraly of questionable character before man and God. Another way of looking at what I have just written in relation to the quoted is how when we have the upper hand we are evil but when other races have the upper hand they are at the least excused. We are happy when subjugated and feel guilty when not acting subservient. Colonial rullers worked hard to instill this attitude in thire subjects.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keith Ogunsola Arraigned For Raping His Student In UK / NDLEA Intercepts Fake Soldier With Drugs, Recovers ATM, Liquid Cannabis, Others / Two Men Arraigned In Lagos State For Using Deceased Name To Defraud (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.