Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

UX Design Or UI Design…or Both? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / UX Design Or UI Design…or Both? (283 Views)

If You Don’t Have Your Matric Number But You Need Your OAU Or UI Transcript / Learn UI/UX Design On Youtube Free / Python Or UI/UX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UX Design Or UI Design…or Both? by alasazeez: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2019
This is a subject that can often be confusing when Digital Consultants are speaking with clients…well, it certainly was for myself when I first heard the terms UX and UI Design.

You’ll often see on Linkedin as well as on many other sites and articles designers talking about great UX and beautiful UI, as well as recruiters posting things such as, ‘Looking for awesome UX’er for brilliant Digital Agency’…but what the hec’ do these terms actually mean?

I have attempted to put the following in as simple terms as possible, please bare in mind a lot of these views are from my own perspective.

UX and UI Revealed

UX stands for User Experience Design and UI refers to User Interface Design. Both are crucial for many web and digital products, however, each of these play a very different part in the process for a web or digital build.

A good and commonly used way to differentiate the parts of a digital product is as follows – If you think of the end product as a real person…the UX Design represents the organs that keep the body flowing and working correctly, measuring and optimizing and ensure you function smoothly. UI Design would be the visuals of the body, so the skin, hair, all of the aesthetics. Finally the code would be the bones, holding everything together.

In layman terms – UX Design is all about making sure everything’s easy and intuitive to use, UI Design is about making the product visually appalling, and the code itself is how it all functions.

What is UX Design?

User experience design (UX, UXD, UED or XD) is the process of enhancing user satisfaction by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the user and the product.

The above is taken from Wikipedia

So rather than what you see on the product, User Experience is the interactions you make when using the product. Let’s put this in live terms –Read more http://www.webberboss.com/2019/08/27/ux-design-or-ui-designor-both/

(1) (Reply)

Purpose Of A Co-working Space / Finger Print Keypad Lock / 9mobile 4.5GB For N500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.