Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,374 members, 7,868,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Dean, Fedu, Gives Valedictory Speech - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dean, Fedu, Gives Valedictory Speech (166 Views)

Obioma Somto Chants Igbo Kwenu On his Valedictory Address At Loyol Marymount Uni / Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory / University Of Abuja Dean In Sex For Marks Scandal, Caught Pants Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dean, Fedu, Gives Valedictory Speech by cyborgFUNAI: 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2019
DEAN, FEDU, GIVES VALEDICTORY SPEECH
• Moves to occupy her new office
The Acting Dean, Faculty of Education, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, Dr. Mrs. Chinyere Nwajiuba on Tuesday, August 27, delivered her valedictory speech to staff and officers of the faculty at the handing over note event organized by the Faculty.

Acting Dean, FEDU, Dr. Mrs. Chinyere Nwajiuba delivering her speech
In her speech, she recalled her completion of two tenures in office which according to her, was a privilege to serve and a dedication for possible success and productivity. Dr. Mrs Nwajiuba who was recently appointed pioneer Ag. Director, Centre for Enhancement of Teaching and learning (CETL) with effect from Monday 1st September, 2019, attributed her new positioning as a result of hard work and performance.

Heads of Departments watching and listening with keen interest
“Productivity they say is never an accident. It is always a result of commitment to excellence, intelligent planning and focused effort”, she stated, maintaining that since she was called for another opportunity, she will, to the best of her ability, in a woven good relationship, partnership and support of the staff, move mountains. “Reward for good work, they say, is more work. I am pleased to accept the new responsibilities given me and pray God for enablement to accomplish the vision of the new centre”.

Cross-section of faculty staff at the event.
Dr. Mrs Nwajiuba who was highly elated with the level of cooperation she received from her colleagues and support staff expressed hearty gratitude to one particular man she described thus “my mentor, strength of my bones, he that made me believe in my life, my ‘potential booster’, motivator, pillar of my life, who took me under his wings and guided me through the right ways of life, - Professor Chinedum Uzoma Nwajiuba”, Vice-Chancellor, AE-FUNAI. She harped that she is indebted to him and the management of the university, for the privilege, opportunity and avalanche of support received during her tenure.

She thanked the HODs and other staff members both teaching and non-teaching, for their colleagueship, uncommon tolerance, commitment, sacrifice and hard work demonstrated at rough and tough times in the course of her services. She charged them to continue their good works in their service to AE-FUNAI and the faculty.
While handing over up-to-date notes on the Faculty state of affairs to the in-coming Dean, Prof. Rosemary Igbo, Dr. Chinyere Nwajiuba asked staff of the Faculty, to extend the same hand of fellowship to the unassuming scholar, who is stepping in as Dean so as to continue to raise the flag of the faculty higher.
In her response, Prof. Rosemary noted that she did not expect the appointment. “I didn’t see this coming. I wouldn’t say I am taken unaware. In moments like this, you give everything to God”. She averred that Dr. Chinyere Nwajiuba is very articulate and remained focused at all times, even at her young age. “She is young, rational and articulates rapidly but carefully at all times… we will not digress but follow her footsteps so that all she has built will continue to grow. She has left a very big shoe to wear; I will look for cushioning to wear them”, she stated.

The in-coming Dean, Prof. Rosemary Igbo, making acceptance speech
Prof. Igbo therefore thanked Vice-Chancellor and the management for the good things happening in the institution and her life, noting that she does not deserve the position. “I know that I have worked elsewhere but I have not been a Dean in AE-FUNAI”, she said.
Similarly the newly appointed Senior Special Assistant On Special Education to Ebonyi State Governor, His Excellency, Engr. Chief Dave Nweze Umahi, Hon. Dr. Chinyere Elom, who was present to witness the hand over ceremony, noted that her appointment will transform education in the state, starting from Primary education to tertiary level, as she intends to harvest best brains from primary schools to kick start the state government’s scholarship programme on the 9th of September, 2019 in the three senatorial zones of the state, comprising Government College, Afikpo; Ezza High School, Onueke and Abakaliki High School (Presco). She added that she would collaborate faculty of Education, Centre for Enhancement of Teaching and Learning and the university management while running her programmes.

Dr. Mrs. C. Nwajiuba congratulating her colleague and newly appointed SSADr. Mrs C. Elom at the handover ceremony.

(1) (Reply)

Philippines Is The Most Cheapest Country To Study Any Course Of Choice, / My Top 3 Podcasts Of August 2019 / Best Coaching For GATE Preparation 2020-21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.