Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans (37266 Views)

UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants / FG Slashes Visa Fees For US Citizens / Why We Hiked Nigerian Applicants’ Visa Fees – US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Ericnrm(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by freemanq(m): 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2019
vision less leader who Dont know what dey are doing, The question is how many Americans dey come Nigeria or won come Nigeria? you are increasing their visa fees for what.so that many will assume u are working in d interest on Nigeria. shame on youuuuuuu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Akorkor(f): 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
damoladeji:

If there is nothing to attract investors here why then did they reciprocate by increasing their fees?
You have time to respond to the guy o!! A lot of kids are on this forum.

Even if there is nothing to attract investors, is our population, not enough?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by snowball11(m): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
Larryfest:
Will this affect the increase the Americans has already put in place against us Cos i don't see those guys making a reverse anytime soon..

I doubt the Americans will reverse the increase imposed on Nigerians seeking US visa. Their policies are not as unstable as those confused elements in Aso Rock!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Beautyaddy: 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
loool!!...Look at these confused jokers cheesy

Who do they think they're deceiving?

What's the difference between $180 to $150?....just $30....like seriously

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Moneywirer: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
oz4real83:
If the American govt is operating visa policy by reciprocating whatever visa-policy the Nigerian govt operates for Americans, does it mean that if the Nigerian govt makes it a visa-free policy for Americans travelling to Nigeria, that they will also make it visa-free for Nigerians travelling to America

Sense might eventually kill you one day

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Beautyaddy: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
freemanq:
vision less leader who Dont know what dey are doing, The question is how many Americans dey come Nigeria or won come Nigeria? you are increasing their visa fees for what.so that many will assume u are working in d interest on Nigeria. shame on youuuuuuu

Quite a large number.

You are all forgetting that there are many dual citizens(Nigerian-Americans) who are either finding it very difficult to renew their Nigerian passport or don't want to be bother to have one.

So they result into just getting the Nigerian visa to visit Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Reference(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
With the way our citizens tarnish the image of this country I don't think the government should be making it easier for people to leave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Glycosunde: 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
VULCAN:
You tried to sound intelligent but fell flat on your face. Rushing to comment on a matter without taking a few minutes to get clarity is a sign of...

If you were not a lazy youth and bothered to read the news about this over the last few days, you would have read that the US govt has been appealing to our useless govt to reverse the increment in visa fees charged Americans for 18 months now.

As usual Baba Goslow and his dull cohorts did nothing so the US has done what it threatened to do as the US has a policy of reciprocity concerning visa fees. Do Me I Do You!

Having said that, this reversal is useless as the total visa fees charged Americans is close to $300 and not the rubbish our govt is claiming. There are fees that are not on the website!

For your information I'm not trying to sound intelligent because I know I'm. You don't try to be what you're already. Secondly I knew this, I'm still saying why reducing since the deed as already been done. The Nigerian government had their chances and didn't take it and will they now tell the American government to reduce theirs too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Myde4naija(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
Chibuzoc:

Doing what
Banging our girls cheesy grin
I be think say you serious but I can see you are not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by God1st1: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good one for the government and country because of retaliatory policies of the united state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by baratech: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
USA citizens apply for Nigerian visa? Interesting.... I thought you can go anywhere with USA passport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Shekochild: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
It is unfortunate that up till now blacks don't understand the consistent message white Americans are sending... The underlying message trump is trying to pass is that " Nigerians stay in your home and develop your place, we don't need Africans here". This message has a racist undertone; but up till now, poor Nigerians have not understand...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
dynicks:
ND I thought twas as a result of FBI80....never knew say na FG first find trouble...
that is what happen when you refuse to read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Chibuzoc(m): 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2019
Myde4naija:
I be think say you serious but I can see you are not.
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by BrokenCock: 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
inshi man! na only for Nigerians body this abokin get power. 'common' america dey intimidate am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by planetx: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Rubbish. Nigeria needs America more than America needs Nigeria.
They only need our oil, but now they don't even need it anymore since they got their own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by planetx: 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2019
ctleurocollege:
Why are Americans hustling for Nigerian visa?
Mainly Nigerians with American passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by niyidenrele: 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
englishmart:
Nigerian visa should be one of the easiest to get. There's almost nothing to attract any reasonable investor.
...no matter how Nigeria bad reach and no matter how Americans like you reach ,u will still be told one day that ,u are not born there and so ,you are only limited in your state benefit ,eg being a president or governor,why could you drag your country on the ground,just because of your love ,for white man's land??even if you deny this country,your Father ,mother,and kinsmen can never deny it ,..just cos of your hatred for PMB ,no matter how long he will leave there ,and another person will be elected ,...but whatever you have put here can still be used against you in future, because eventou u may forget, believe me internet never forget

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Litmus: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
englishmart:
And risk being kidnapped

Like someone stated, whites see oprtunity where some blacks are blind. Even in being kidnapped they can benefit in the form of writing about it after with spices added. Portential for death may be weighed against the benefits of the story telling contracts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Marotzke(m): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
Chibuzoc:
Lol, wetin Americans won come do for Nigeria e suppose be free for American citizens since there children get dual citizenship
a whole lot if Americo Nigerians coming to Naija.
If they use Nigerian passports, they will not enjoy consular services from their embassy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by SIRTee15: 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
Shekochild:
It is unfortunate that up till now blacks don't understand the consistent message white Americans are sending... The underlying message trump is trying to pass is that " Nigerians stay in your home and develop your place, we don't need Africans here". This message has a racist undertone; but up till now, poor Nigerians have not understand...

There's absolutely nothing wrong or racist in the statement....
Americans worked hard to build their country....
Africans should sit their butt in Africa, develop the place and get some dignity....
Besides immigration is a privilege that can be withdrawn anytime if it's deemed abused...
Look at what uncontrolled immigration turned London and other uk cities into....
Ilan omar may forever be a us representative despite her anti-American rhetoric, because she's from a district where virtually all the eligible voters are Somali population...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by englishmart(m): 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
niyidenrele:
...no matter how Nigeria bad reach and no matter how Americans like you reach ,u will still be told one day that ,u are not born there and so ,you are only limited in your state benefit ,eg being a president or governor,why could you drag your country on the ground,just because of your love ,for white man's land??even if you deny this country,your Father ,mother,and kinsmen can never deny it ,..just cos of your hatred for PMB ,no matter how long he will leave there ,and another person will be elected ,...but whatever you have put here can still be used against you in future, because eventou u may forget, believe me internet never forget
When things change, my posts will change. Let me deal with that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by linearity: 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
oz4real83:
If the American govt is operating visa policy by reciprocating whatever visa-policy the Nigerian govt operates for Americans, does it mean that if the Nigerian govt makes it a visa-free policy for Americans travelling to Nigeria, that they will also make it visa-free for Nigerians travelling to America

The reciprocacy is on visa fees and not on visa policies.

America under Trump started enacting more tougher visa policies even, with previously otherwise friendly and developed countries.

And if Trump have his way, birth right citizenship will be stricken from the books and immigration visa will be biased and selective only towards the best and brightest, family immigration category will also be removed and will only be on merit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by pinkygurl(f): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Buhari thinks Trump America is Obama's. When Trump said America will no longer be taken advantage of, he meant it. A true leader fights for his people and their dignity home and abroad.

Richdad
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by pinkygurl(f): 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
oz4real83:
grin for a shit hole country? keep on dreaming
grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Starz825(m): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
oz4real83:
Abi won ti se visa free ni.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Beautyaddy: 12:39am On Aug 29, 2019
planetx:
They only need our oil, but now they don't even need it anymore since they got their own.

buahahaha!!!.....which oil does Nigeria have that other Countries don't already have in abundance
Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by BigBashiru: 6:33am On Aug 29, 2019
Shekochild:

You have highlighted the truth. However there's nothing racist about asking black Africans to respect themselves, stay in their own countries and develop their own countries.... It's very intellectually lazy of black Africans to pick the easy way out which is immigration; black Africans often migrate with crime and increase the crime rates in the host communities. Hong Kong staged protests recently, Nigerians are just docile and just want to sit down and blame leaders. Give Nigeria to Britain and within 10 years Nigeria will become like the uk. Nigeria needs colonization again by the white man period. Nigerians should just swallow their pride and accept the truth that they need to be recolonized by white men. White is superior. You fly on a white invented air plane, white invented electricity, Chinese contractors build your rail tracks and trains etc.
Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by BigBashiru: 6:58am On Aug 29, 2019
SIRTee15:

There's absolutely nothing wrong or racist in the statement....
Americans worked hard to build their country....
Africans should sit their butt in Africa, develop the place and get some dignity....
Besides immigration is a privilege that can be withdrawn anytime if it's deemed abused...
Look at what uncontrolled immigration turned London and other uk cities into....
Ilan omar may forever be a us representative despite her anti-American rhetoric, because she's from a district where virtually all the eligible voters are Somali population...

Africans lack self respect and discipline. In a three lane marked lane, theres no discipline among motorists to stick to their lane.....they blame leaders for inability to stick to their lanes! Africans have no dignity and self respect, if they did, they will have some self respect and fix their shit holes.....
Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by CableWire: 7:58am On Aug 29, 2019
I always wonder the very kind of species that constitute our governing bodies... Why do they always think like kids? Always operating from the anus-mode!

Why putting that hype in the first place when you know that there will be a shake-off when the need arises?

Now, American government have set-up reciprocity fee of $120 and this is exclusive of the visa fee... Tell me, since your mumu-button have pushed you to extort them and they came up with their cream-shake and your mumu-legs are already wobbling: will US ever reverse this increment on poor citizens of Nigeria?

When fools are in government, walls.roofs and fences meddle intermittently! Collapse is inevitable....
Re: FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans by Kingkun69(m): 9:45am On Aug 29, 2019
oz4real83:
bros no be Nigeria
All that reduction Kini is story
Go there next week Niger visa for Americans will be the same is this country not all talk no action me I Don see avenue to japa soon I just dey wait dey chop ewa agonyi with hot bread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frozen Lake: A Trip To Lake Simcoe In Ontario ) Pictures) / Fatal Accident In Ibadan Kills 4 People (Graphic Photos) / Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.