Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) (22583 Views)

Police Inspector Cuts Wife’s Hand In Jos Over N20,000 (Graphic) / Ex-ABU VC And Bursar Arraigned For N1 Billion Fraud (Photos) / Malaysian Man Arrested In Lagos Over €250m Fraud (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Anambralstson: 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ilorin Zonal Office, has arrested three legal practitioners for allegedly defrauding a Pastor, Adetunji Adedoyin of his property valued at about twenty million naira.

The Accused are: Salman Rafiu, Sulyman Abaya and Saka Hammed.

Others who are at large are, Olarewaju Aluko and Mr Na' Allah Suyuti.

The petitioner alleged that the suspects fraudulently obtained a Court Order through a false representation and sold the property without his consent or briefing them to defend him in the legal proceedings which they instituted

He alleged that "I was informed that I was served summons all through the court proceedings whereas it was R.A Salman who picked and arranged his colleagues, Abaya Sulyman and Saka Hammed to stand for me and these lawyers forged my signature on some documents purporting to consent in court to the sale of my hostel"

Adedoyin stated further that "The truth of the matter is, I never set my eyes on these people (Lawyers) prior to or during the court proceedings, neither did I participate directly or indirectly in the proceedings, I also was not aware of the proceedings from the beginning to the end"

"Earlier in 2016, after seeking advice on what to do, I engaged a Lawyer, Victor Okojie, in Ilorin to pursue Justice for me because all attempts I made failed, Victor Okojie later linked me with the buyer Mr Na' Allah and the buyer's lawyer, Ayodele Aluko Olarewaju, the buyer felt my pain and explained that he has expanded about 12.5 million for the acquisition of my property, he said he was willing to release it only if I can pay back the money "

The petitioner further explained that he was able to pay the sum of N4.2million to the buyer's account in order to recover the stolen property which they released for him as at that time.

"The hostel was taken over again in March 2019 by the alleged buyer Mr Na' Allah through his Lawyer, Aluko Olarewaju on the grounds that I have not paid the outstanding balance "

The suspects have earlier denied all the allegations against them when the operatives of the EFCC confronted them with some forged documents which they claimed emanated from the petitioner.

The principal suspect in the case, Barrister Salman Rafiu were shown an affidavit prepared by them and purportedly signed by the petitioner.

Meanwhile, efforts are ongoing to arrest other suspects indicted about the allegations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/efcc-arrests-three-lawyers-for-alleged-n20m-property-fraud/amp/

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by crazyABO(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
20million is not too much for 3 lawyers to share grin even me wey I no be lawyer e no reach me undecided channel your energy to those in power gangan sad when they see an average man their divk go they stand if na confirm judge or those in tribunal how many judges have they arrested

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
In America it's called a mug shot

In Nigeria... it is called ______?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by momodub: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hummmm efcc dey para

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by PureGoldh(m): 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
Yawa Don kas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by englishmart(m): 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
The Yorubas, as well as the Igbos are well into cybercrimes.
Nobody has Monopoly of crime. Just that some have gone international.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Marineghost: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
gradually Nigeria will soon become the capital of fraud
grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
LAWYERS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by doctore212(m): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
I need a new sex doll. Pls help a brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by crazyABO(m): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
thanta:

sign board grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Sellfish(m): 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Such a shame... sad

So many churches.....So many Mosques

Yet so much evil in this country....

If one checks now, some of these crooks might even elders in their religious places of worship undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by tamonokare: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by fergieboy: 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
grin

Meanwhile I just checked FBI Instagram page.. You can never see them uploading one of their own to the world to see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
If 3 people are carrying these large boards over N20 million, should we now expect Akpabio, Orji Uzor Kalu, Oshiomole, Okorocha, Amosun and Aregbesola to carry billboards?

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by OTayobami(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
thanta:

Placard shot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by adecz: 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
;De

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by tomdfirst(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2019
Correcto is the next...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by mu2sa2: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hahaha. Bush meat don catch hunter!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Omotayoodubote(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
This country must move forward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by delamb01: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
I'm not surprise at all because many lawyers are party to corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by myfan: 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
Really crazy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by honorr: 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
Are there also fraudsters in ilorin shocked shocked?? always tot fraudsters only come from the south east region

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by mopol123: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
naija n scam na twin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
OOps! I was shocked and disappointed that the three lawyers arrested for fraud are not Igbos. I thought only the Igbos commit crime especially fraud as some mindless individuals had averred.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Three Lawyers Over N20 Million Fraud (Photos) by Ykman(m): 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
thanta:

Placard! lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tenant Batters Landlady For Demanding 20 Months Rent Arrears (pic) / Nigerian Man Arrested In U.S. For Financial Scam / We Sell N15,000 Heroin Every Day – 20-year-old Drug Peddler (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.