Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. (2122 Views)

Ten Things You Didn't Know Your Smartphone Could Do / 5 Things You Didn't Know That Drains Your Phone Battery / 5 Cool Things You Can Do On Whatsapp You Probably Didn't Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Goldyyy: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2019
Here are 5 things you didn’t know you could do with Google Search.

1. Search lyrics to your favourite songs
Google displays music lyrics at the top of its search results pages when you search for “song name” plus “lyrics”. Now you can find the lyrics to your favourite songs and own the stage at karaoke, as a chorister, a musician or just simply as a music lover.

2. Search by voice
You can also search Google by speaking. Simply click on the microphone icon, say what you want to search for, and watch Google reveal the results. You can find the microphone icon on the right-hand side of the Google Search bar. Go ahead, click and speak.

3. Search health conditions
Search for a health condition and relevant health knowledge panel results appear, providing a snapshot of the condition, its symptoms and possible treatment. Health knowledge panels are available on both mobile and desktop, covering over 800 health conditions.

4. Find jobs faster on search
Whether you are a graduate seeking a job or an employee looking for the next opportunity, Google offers a quick and easy way to find suitable vacant positions. Job seekers can search for, and apply to, open positions directly from the Google search bar. Just type the job query into Google Search and it will give you a list of jobs that match that query.

If you use Google Maps integration, you can also search for jobs in any place that you can find on the map, and if you are signed in, you can even see how long it will take to commute from home. Google has also made keeping up with new vacancies easy – simply push the “get alerts” button to get email notifications when new jobs matching your search appear.

If you’re planning your day, your week or some fantastic weekend getaway, it is important to take the weather into consideration. Asking Google what the weather will be like wherever you will be heading to lets you know if you will be needing an umbrella or a pair of sunglasses and guide you in your choice of clothing.

If you’re travelling and want to know what to pack, simply ask Google, “What is the weather at Enugu like”, or type in “weather at Enugu”, and right there on your search results page, you’ll get the current forecast, extending to the next week.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Uchechiokpara39: 7:26pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nice

Goldyyy:
Here are 5 things you didn’t know you could do with Google Search.

1. Search lyrics to your favourite songs
Google displays music lyrics at the top of its search results pages when you search for “song name” plus “lyrics”. Now you can find the lyrics to your favourite songs and own the stage at karaoke, as a chorister, a musician or just simply as a music lover.

2. Search by voice
You can also search Google by speaking. Simply click on the microphone icon, say what you want to search for, and watch Google reveal the results. You can find the microphone icon on the right-hand side of the Google Search bar. Go ahead, click and speak.

3. Search health conditions
Search for a health condition and relevant health knowledge panel results appear, providing a snapshot of the condition, its symptoms and possible treatment. Health knowledge panels are available on both mobile and desktop, covering over 800 health conditions.

4. Find jobs faster on search
Whether you are a graduate seeking a job or an employee looking for the next opportunity, Google offers a quick and easy way to find suitable vacant positions. Job seekers can search for, and apply to, open positions directly from the Google search bar. Just type the job query into Google Search and it will give you a list of jobs that match that query.

If you use Google Maps integration, you can also search for jobs in any place that you can find on the map, and if you are signed in, you can even see how long it will take to commute from home. Google has also made keeping up with new vacancies easy – simply push the “get alerts” button to get email notifications when new jobs matching your search appear.

If you’re planning your day, your week or some fantastic weekend getaway, it is important to take the weather into consideration. Asking Google what the weather will be like wherever you will be heading to lets you know if you will be needing an umbrella or a pair of sunglasses and guide you in your choice of clothing.

If you’re travelling and want to know what to pack, simply ask Google, “What is the weather at Enugu like”, or type in “weather at Enugu”, and right there on your search results page, you’ll get the current forecast, extending to the next week.

Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Marineghost: 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
I use Google voice today and it was good. no mistake
Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Raydos: 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
How do you know i don't know all these things? Are you me? Is me you? You me I? Infact, you are me?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by terryterrence(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2019
Nor mind am..... I know all these things when still dey my mama belly
Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Viserion: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2019
anyone who doesnt know these things, is not qualified to use a smartphone.. angry

buy data from me at cheap rates.. check my signature

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2019
Are you banned/restricted from accessing or transacting business in, any website?
Worry no more!
Access/Open any restricted local or foreign website with the use of Nord VPN, which is at the moment the world No.1 VPN.
I am giving away Nord VPN 1, 2 and 3yrs premium plan now at giveaway prices, call/ whatsapp 07032495483.
Hurry while offer last!
Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Realboygenius(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
I guess have been underusing my Phantom 9.
Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Rubiesangel: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
las las, google is your friend
Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by clarkmos15(m): 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
Raydos:
How do you know i don't know all these things? Are you me? Is me you? You me I? Infact, you are me?

Epp me ask the guy ooo
Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Reeberry: 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
Realboygenius:
I guess have been underusing my Phantom 9.
grin
Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Search. by Goldyyy: 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Raydos:

thank God you know them

(1) (Reply)

Is okay / Pls Where In Lagos Can I Buy This Phone / Tecno H3 Full Specification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.