Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean (36129 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / 28 Toyota Trim Level Acronyms And What They Mean / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by centilad(m): 12:59am On Aug 29, 2019
You have to study this wan too? shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by NDNG: 1:05am On Aug 29, 2019
if am starting my car Honda cr-v old model, it will show break and battery with pressure red sign and disappears immediately the car is started. pls what does it mean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by femi4: 1:06am On Aug 29, 2019
obiekunie2:

bros pls which one is the trip button?
Odometer reset button

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by obiekunie2: 1:12am On Aug 29, 2019
femi4:
Odometer reset button

k. tnx sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:46am On Aug 29, 2019
rhymesnoni:
Ignorant people criticise Honda "I use to though" but right nown!! my love for Honda knows no bound, especially it's Interior nd also the Sound Systems, Super Classic grin grin grin
God bless you. The last time I was in a Toyota, I felt liveless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:49am On Aug 29, 2019
cyborg123:
grin
If only they had a sensor and warning lights for failing ball joints.
You better don't carry this your ignorance to heaven, you may miss it with just that. What makes you think it's only Honda that has ball joint issues and what makes you it the car actually has ball joint issues? Continue buying China made ball joint you hear?
Don't maintain your Toyota and see if the legs won't pull.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by echelons(m): 5:18am On Aug 29, 2019
obiekunie2:

bros pls which one is the trip button?

Watch this YouTube video but make sure you reset it after oil change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifb5x9rLY2o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by emyemconcepts: 7:05am On Aug 29, 2019
Our boss in the thread pls answer this guy I have same lights always on...
Also my airbag and maintenance spanner are on too.

Can I say op forgot DRL?
Lastly, what situation really affect ball joints?

freeDR:
This two signs have refused to leave my dashboard. What can I do?

cc: AutoJoshNG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by Reference(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2019
rhymesnoni:
Ignorant people criticise Honda "I use to though" but right nown!! my love for Honda knows no bound, especially it's Interior nd also the Sound Systems, Super Classic grin grin grin

Most criticism was not about those.
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by godquality: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2019
Why Honda? These are standard warning lights on vehicles have.
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by cyborg123(m): 9:44am On Aug 29, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

You better don't carry this your ignorance to heaven, you may miss it with just that. What makes you think it's only Honda that has ball joint issues and what makes you it the car actually has ball joint issues? Continue buying China made ball joint you hear?
Don't maintain your Toyota and see if the legs won't pull.

And who made this assertion?

You are in too much haste to defend the brand. Honda cars (which is the subject of this thread) are great and most people know that some models are prone to severe ball joint failures and as such will apparently benefit from what I suggested.

If it's possible to have sensors tell you the state of every critical component of a car every manufacturer will key into it. That's the basis of manufacturer wide OBD-II fault detection in cars.
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2019
cyborg123:

And who made this assertion?

You are in too much haste to defend the brand. Honda cars (which is the subject of this thread) are great and most people know that some models are prone to severe ball joint failures and as such will apparently benefit from what I suggested.

If it's possible to have sensors tell you the state of every critical component of a car every manufacturer will key into it. That's the basis of manufacturer wide OBD-II fault detection in cars.
You're right there but I don't think hard components like ball joints that do not have any electric attachment to a car mainly because they are in the tyre area can have a sensor attached to them. I don't know sha, I'm not an engineer.

1 Like

Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by easysunny(m): 10:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

There are many warning lights that can illuminate on your Honda car dashboard. These warning lights can come on as a result of one issue or the other.

These dashboard warning lights illuminate to easily get the attention of the driver about something not being right in the car.

The colour of the warning light that comes up on your Honda dashboard could be green, yellow or red.

If you see something green, it’s usually an on or off indicator light, such as your cruise control. The indicator is simply there to remind you that a system is on so that if you should be turning it off, you’ll remember.

The yellow dashboard warning lights represent issues that could get dangerous soon. These lights typically mean a system, or monitoring of the system, has malfunctioned. Technically speaking, low fuel or low tire pressure are warnings that could lead to something much worse if left unchecked, but they don’t indicate an issue that would make your vehicle inoperable.

A red warning light often indicates a serious condition. It is not all of them that mean there is a serious malfunction. Something like seat belt reminder means no harm to your car. Others, like the high-temperature warning, can mean your vehicle will likely have a catastrophic failure if you continue driving.

Below are the warning lights you can see on your Honda dashboard.

Source: https://autojosh.com/40-honda-dashboard-warning-lights/

The Check engine sign is.constantly show on my dashboard after servicing. The engine oil wss refillied and filter replaced. However, the engine oil used was Mobile super XHP 20W-50 as against the ecommended oil which is SAE 50-20W. Reason being that the recommended oil is not available in Nigeria.
Pls what should I do to resolve the check engine sign on the dashboard. How serious is it? The car is Honda Pilot and just arrived as tokunbo.
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by dru23(m): 12:37am On Aug 30, 2019
easysunny:

The Check engine sign is.constantly show on my dashboard after servicing. The engine oil wss refillied and filter replaced. However, the engine oil used was Mobile super XHP 20W-50 as against the recommended oil which is SAE 50-20W. Reason being that the recommended oil is not available in Nigeria.
Pls what should I do to resolve the check engine sign on the dashboard. How serious is it? The car is Honda Pilot and just arrived as tokunbo.

My advice is to use the recommend oil 5w20 ...we have genuine engine oil dealer on the forum ..so getting 5w20 grade should not be an issue ..never use Mobil xhp 20w50 especially if it is not the recommend oil to use .. You could damage that engine in the long run ...for the check engine light issue, I will advice you to take your car to Radauto in Lekki.. It is better you spend the money now than spend double the amount down the line ....
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by rhymesnoni(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

God bless you. The last time I was in a Toyota, I felt liveless.

grin grin grin grin
Honda Rocks
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by easysunny(m): 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2019
dru23:

My advice is to use the recommend oil 5w20 ...we have genuine engine oil dealer on the forum ..so getting 5w20 grade should not be an issue ..never use Mobil xhp 20w50 especially if it is not the recommend oil to use .. You could damage that engine in the long run ...for the check engine light issue, I will advice you to take your car to Radauto in Lekki.. It is better you spend the money now than spend double the amount down the line ....

Thanks. I will do that. Do I need to chsnge the mobile xhp 20w50 that is already there now? The oil was put in on last Sunday 25th august.
How can I get the contact of Radsuto and genuine engine oil dealers
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by dru23(m): 4:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
easysunny:

Thanks. I will do that. Do I need to chsnge the mobile xhp 20w50 that is already there now? The oil was put in on last Sunday 25th august.
How can I get the contact of Radsuto and genuine engine oil dealers

Before it is too late change the Mobil xhp 20w50 to the reccomend oil 5w20 .. Radauto is in Lekki, just Google the address .. They can help you get to the bottom of the check engine light issue..
I do have 5w20 Mobil 1 coming in for 17k ..
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by easysunny(m): 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
dru23:
[/b]

Before it is too late change the Mobil xhp 20w50 to the reccomend oil 5w20 .. Radauto is in Lekki, just Google the address .. They can help you get to the bottom of the check engine light issue..
I do have 5w20 Mobil 1 coming in for 17k ..

OK. Thanks
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by zenith4biz(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2019
SolarKing1:
AutoJosh, thanks for sharing. Stop killing your brain with generator noise. Take advamtage of the unbelievable August Ending Promo for 10 years+ free Electricity with Just 68k Per 1 of our Fueless Solar Gen now. Very good for Barber Shop, SelfContain Room, Sales Shops, etc.
+2 348 02 9 43 540 7

Good day, I have been following your post but unfortunately there's no specific thread created for your products with in depth analysis
Re: 40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean by magicfingers009: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
In Honda, we also have the blue lights on the dashboard. Thought you would mention that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bugatti Unveils Bugatti X PG Craft Carbon Fiber Bicycle, Sells For N12million / Top 3 Auction Companies Nigerians Buy Tokunbo Cars From / Nigerian States And Their Official Taxi Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.