Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him (11190 Views)

Opposition Senators Stage Walkout Over Call For Buhari’s Impeachment / Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose / Majority Of APC Senators Support Lawan’s Recommendation As Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by AgencyReport: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2019
Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, has expressed confidence that the 9th Senate will work for the progress of Nigeria and its citizens because he has “full cooperation” of senators of the opposition political parties, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Lawan made the revelation on Wednesday during a Town Hall meeting with members of his Yobe North senatorial district at the Saleh Suleiman event hall in Gashua, Yobe State.

At the event which marked the last leg of his “thank you” visits to his constituents for voting him in the 2019 senatorial election, Lawan said opposition senators support him “because of the tremendous love and trust shown to us by President Buhari.”

In a statement on his verified Twitter handle (@DrAhmadLawan), obtained by Igbere TV, the Senate President said he assured his constituents that the 9th Senate won’t fail President Muhammadu Buhari.

“I solicit your prayers for all members of the National Assembly. I recall that I got 79 votes out of 107 Senators who voted during the Senate presidency election. This is above the All Progressive Congress votes,” said Lawan.

“This shows that there is a cordial relationship along party lines, and that Senators are ready to work for the progress of Nigerians and Nigeria.

“In the current Senate, I have the full cooperation of the senators from the opposition parties, including the Peoples Democratic Party, because of the tremendous love and trust shown to us by President Buhari.

“Where we haven’t performed well, I encourage you all to draw our attention to it, and as your representatives, we will work with the President to meet your expectations,” the SP added.

http://igberetvnews.com/944106/why-opposition-senators-support-senate-president-lawan/

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by somojud: 9:55am On Aug 29, 2019
Buy original UK used laptops from the source

The diff is clear...

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2019
Ok. It's good to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by PureGoldh(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2019
E don set oh

It's good to be Good sha.

I wish him all the Best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by yjgm(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2019
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by AjalaJ(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2019
That is his own reason.

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2019
AgencyReport:
Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, has expressed confidence that the 9th Senate will work for the progress of Nigeria and its citizens because he has “full cooperation” of senators of the opposition political parties, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Lawan made the revelation on Wednesday during a Town Hall meeting with members of his Yobe North senatorial district at the Saleh Suleiman event hall in Gashua, Yobe State.

At the event which marked the last leg of his “thank you” visits to his constituents for voting him in the 2019 senatorial election, Lawan said opposition senators support him “because of the tremendous love and trust shown to us by President Buhari.”

In a statement on his verified Twitter handle (@DrAhmadLawan), obtained by Igbere TV, the Senate President said he assured his constituents that the 9th Senate won’t fail President Muhammadu Buhari.

“I solicit your prayers for all members of the National Assembly. I recall that I got 79 votes out of 107 Senators who voted during the Senate presidency election. This is above the All Progressive Congress votes,” said Lawan.

“This shows that there is a cordial relationship along party lines, and that Senators are ready to work for the progress of Nigerians and Nigeria.

“In the current Senate, I have the full cooperation of the senators from the opposition parties, including the Peoples Democratic Party, because of the tremendous love and trust shown to us by President Buhari.

“Where we haven’t performed well, I encourage you all to draw our attention to it, and as your representatives, we will work with the President to meet your expectations,” the SP added.

http://igberetvnews.com/944106/why-opposition-senators-support-senate-president-lawan/

Lawan, we are not interested in RUGA. Simple.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 29, 2019
Alright ...that's good.

If you are interested in joining a good Forex Trading Chat room on Telegram, please Click HERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by cashmoney2015: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2019
I think Lawan is saying the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by eben2marketer: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2019
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Lyfe33: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2019
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by mknigeriagreat: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2019
The internet idiots will still be burning their 100m data to fight someone that doesn't even know they exist and their own senators from their region are busy building strong and wealthy relationships with the people these foolish ones are fighting. Poverty will kill all of una soon if you don't wise up. Animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by InaNla(f): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2019
Rubber stamp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Teejayphillip(m): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2019
Paddy paddy government.... I come check names wey our Senator wan call

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Chibuzoc(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2019
grin grin the opposition were banking on IPOB as there willing tool but unfortunately IPOB has a different agenda from the pdp right from onset. Now the pdp has lost there voice as opposition party. IPOB is an opposition to Nigeria politicians entirely.

The beat continues abroad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by MrAnele(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2019
Okay...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Kenmatt(m): 10:18am On Aug 29, 2019
No wonder some people use the word; "Buhari Ass lickers".

In the entire write up, the only thing that is all over the piece is "because of President Buhari".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Oleku1(m): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2019
For juicy positions of course

Meanwhile, if you lost your online Print-out slip for Nigerian Customs Service, Prisons Service, Fire Service, etc.
or if you need Primary School certificate, Age declaration, State of Origin, Medical certificate, or Medical Report for relocating Corps Members...

Check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5384185/get-print-out-slips-important-documents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by money121(m): 10:34am On Aug 29, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by martowskin1(m): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2019
If u all observe the north are always together, call it PDP or APC...

U will never see kwakwaso go against buhari, or tambawal go against him

What ever party, north interest don't change..

Is only south u see them insulting them selves ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Switruth: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2019
Big looking but small brains to rule.
Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by DOBOEFEMENA: 10:41am On Aug 29, 2019
AgencyReport:

I liked the "last part"

"“Where we haven’t performed well, I encourage you all to draw our attention to it, and as your representatives, we will work with the President to meet your expectations,” the SP added."

"I hope he keeps to his word"

Well done Agency Report
Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by DOBOEFEMENA: 10:41am On Aug 29, 2019
bvc801:
LET US CREATE YOUR PROJECT WHILE YOU FOCUS ON YOUR BUSINESS.

Tell Us About Your Project,

SCHOOL| CHURCH| BUSINESS| BLOG|E-COMMERCE|PAYMENT INTEGRATIONS..

WEB| MOBILE|DESKTOP kiss
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him by Boyooosa(m): 11:08am On Aug 29, 2019
Kenmatt:
No woner some people use the word; "Buhari Ass lickers".

In the entire write up, the only thing that is all over the piece is "because of President Buhari".
The Senate and Presidency, even the Judiciary (they are the three arms of the government in a democratic setting) are supposed to work hand in hand and not otherwise, dont allow the toothless Opposition fools erode your thinking...
check your GNS 111 (Citizenship)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

618 Schools Shut In Northern States Over Abduction Scare / Soyinka: Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon, Symbol Of Corrupt Mentality / PDP’s Ingratitude And Ekweremadu’s Sore Tales - By Joseph Edeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.