Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,618 members, 7,851,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:20 PM

3 Nigerian Women Face Trial In Dubai - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Nigerian Women Face Trial In Dubai (311 Views)

3 Nigerian Men To Be Extradicted To US For Sexual Extortion Of A 17-Year-Old Boy / 3 Nigerian Stowaways Land In Ghana Instead Of Spain (Photos) / Vikings And Eiye Fight In Italy: 3 Nigerian Cultists Arrested (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Nigerian Women Face Trial In Dubai by JosEast(m): 6:15am On Aug 29, 2019
A gang of three Nigerian women are facing trial in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for allegedly luring an Iraqi man to their apartment, beating him up and stealing Dh57,000 (N5.6m or $15,517.59). The Nigerian women, aged 30, 33 and 34, were charged with robbery. A verdict is expected later this month.

The 45-year-old Iraqi victim arrived in Dubai in January of this year and got to know a woman, who he thought was a Swedish student, through a dating app.

After they spoke on the phone, they agreed to meet at her apartment in Al Quoz, but when the victim arrived he was met by a group of African women who attacked him. “The apartment door opened and five African women dragged me inside and physically abused me,” the Iraqi man told the court in Dubai. The Nigerian women slapped him and asked for money.

He gave them Dh1,600 to let him go, but they searched his pockets and found Dh55,975.

“They were so happy when they found this amount of cash that they stopped searching me,” he said. “I was terrified that they would kill me so I pretended to have breathing problems so they would let me go,” he added. The defendants allowed him to leave but he alerted the building’s security and kept waiting in front of the apartment. When Dubai Police arrived, the defendants jumped out of the window to escape.

An Emirati police officer, who responded to the call, said “The women escaped and we chased them on foot. We arrested three of them and the victim identified them before taking them to Bur Dubai police station.” Meanwhile, Dubai Public Prosecution charged the Iraqi victim with soliciting prostitution. He was fined Dh5,000 and deported.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/3-nigerian-women-face-trial-in-dubai.html
Re: 3 Nigerian Women Face Trial In Dubai by leke12(m): 6:19am On Aug 29, 2019
ok
Re: 3 Nigerian Women Face Trial In Dubai by chiommy123(f): 6:35am On Aug 29, 2019
He for carry his cross alone
Re: 3 Nigerian Women Face Trial In Dubai by yinkus6750(m): 7:26am On Aug 29, 2019
Why move around with such huge amount of money, on a visit to an unknown date? Is that his they do in Iraq?
However, our citizens are getting too desperate and dangerous, imagine what women are doing in a foreign land?

(1) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Narrates How Police Forced A Boy To Lie He's 19 So As To Trial Him / Two Passengers In Supremacy Battle Over Who To Preach Inside A Bus In Imo State / Penalties On Obinwanne Okeke $11 Million, Diamond Ring Cases – FBI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.