Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere (10297 Views)

Adamawa REC, Hudu Ari: Like Father, Like Son? / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe / Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by nairavsdollars(f): 8:06am On Aug 29, 2019
*Says President’s Utterances Causing More Divisions

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, said on Wednesday that President Muhammadu Buhari was failing in his duties as father of the nation.

The group expressed this view while noting that the president’s utterances were capable of compounding the already tensed situation in the country.

Afenifere’s National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, said the statement by the president that he gave two ministerial slots to Kano and Kaduna because of the huge votes they gave him in the 2019 presidential election was unfortunate.

Speaking on the ongoing protest by members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Japan where President Buhari is attending the 7th Tokyo International Conference, Odumakin said it was time President Buhari summoned a meeting of all ethnic nationalities in the country where their grievances could be addressed.

“It is not only the grievances of IPOB that President Muhammadu Buhari should address, he should address the grievances in the land across board.

“I don’t know how it does not occur to the president that at this stage, we should be summoning Nigerians to dialogue over the state of the nation, how to bring down tension, how to build an inclusive country.

“How can the president go to Kaduna and say ‘I gave you two ministerial slots because you gave me the highest votes?

“Is that what he should be saying this season? Is that the kind of song the president should be singing?

“As the father of the nation, you should be looking at ways to lower tensions and bring people together as the father of all, build an inclusive country, and begin to address the grievances of all sections of the country and not to continue to pour petrol on a burning refuse.

“What was the reason for allowing Sheikh El-Zakzaky to return to the country? And look at their sickening argument that he wanted to stay in a five-star hotel. Even if he wants a 10-star hotel, why not allow it for the sake of peace?

“They should know the anti-corruption mood is not the mood in which you govern a country. We need a leader who gives all Nigerians a sense of belonging.

“Until the president begins to do that, Nigeria will continue to stumble from one crisis to another,” Afenifere said.
https://www.independent.ng/buhari-not-behaving-like-father-of-the-nation-afenifere/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Iyajelili(f): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2019
People like us never expected him to so no disappointment for us.
Enjoy next level

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by PureGoldh(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2019
Nice speech you gat there... But One thing I know is that it is not easy to bring people of different ethnic groups and individual differences together.

I was once a Post holder in my department...I know how hard it was for me to even call for a general departmental meeting...

Even in the meeting some will agree to a certain point while some will disagree.

Well, I wish him all the Best and I pray God will always make way for peace to reign in Our Country Nigeria.

Stay Blessed.

If yOu are looking for where to buy Original Pure Honey

Call or whatsapp me on 081 0166 6771

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Bunnatex(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2019
My father I know, who is Buhari?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2019
nairavsdollars:
*Says President’s Utterances Causing More Divisions

Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, said on Wednesday that President Muhammadu Buhari was failing in his duties as father of the nation.

The group expressed this view while noting that the president’s utterances were capable of compounding the already tensed situation in the country.

Afenifere’s National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, said the statement by the president that he gave two ministerial slots to Kano and Kaduna because of the huge votes they gave him in the 2019 presidential election was unfortunate.

Speaking on the ongoing protest by members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Japan where President Buhari is attending the 7th Tokyo International Conference, Odumakin said it was time President Buhari summoned a meeting of all ethnic nationalities in the country where their grievances could be addressed.

“It is not only the grievances of IPOB that President Muhammadu Buhari should address, he should address the grievances in the land across board.

“I don’t know how it does not occur to the president that at this stage, we should be summoning Nigerians to dialogue over the state of the nation, how to bring down tension, how to build an inclusive country.

“How can the president go to Kaduna and say ‘I gave you two ministerial slots because you gave me the highest votes?

“Is that what he should be saying this season? Is that the kind of song the president should be singing?

“As the father of the nation, you should be looking at ways to lower tensions and bring people together as the father of all, build an inclusive country, and begin to address the grievances of all sections of the country and not to continue to pour petrol on a burning refuse.

“What was the reason for allowing Sheikh El-Zakzaky to return to the country? And look at their sickening argument that he wanted to stay in a five-star hotel. Even if he wants a 10-star hotel, why not allow it for the sake of peace?

“They should know the anti-corruption mood is not the mood in which you govern a country. We need a leader who gives all Nigerians a sense of belonging.

“Until the president begins to do that, Nigeria will continue to stumble from one crisis to another,” Afenifere said.
https://www.independent.ng/buhari-not-behaving-like-father-of-the-nation-afenifere/

Wetin concern father of the nation and bubari?

Buhari is a father of the Fulanis

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 8:11am On Aug 29, 2019
That's because he's the not the Father of the Nation. Nobody is. Nigerians should stop this BS with father and Mother of the Nation. We all have fathers and mothers.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:11am On Aug 29, 2019
Which nation

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Gentlewarrior1(m): 8:11am On Aug 29, 2019
Kudos to afenifere for speaking up against the aso rock tyrant

Although the dullard is not the father of the nation. Just the president

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by CsRockefeller(m): 8:11am On Aug 29, 2019
He knows nothing. sad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by coluka: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2019
He made it clear from the beginning when he spoke about 97% and 5%. This man is not the kind of leader Nigeria should be having in this century. He is too archaic and outdated in his thinking

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by PassingShot(m): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2019
Because he's not patronizing you thieves.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by GEOANDSONS: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2019
shocked ft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by ekestic1976(f): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2019
Who will represent the Yoruba in Odumakin's proposed meeting of Nigerian nationalities, Afenifere? No way! Yinka do you think it's going to be like the 2014 Conference where you and your wife smuggled yourselves in as Delegates? Shameless, embittered turncoat! In which Yoruba meeting was Afenifere elected to represent the Yoruba, even when there are other more credible associations? God punish all of you conceited, self-interested goats.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Thisis2raw(m): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2019
Nothing but the truth

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Highesschief1: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2019
Do you know what I find funny about the IPOB matter?

Kanu and his people are just doing their thing next thing buhari rush and declared them a terrorist organization but what the Nigerian govt did not know is that you can be a terrorist without firing a single bullet.

You called IPOD a terrorist org, now they are terrorizing all over the world and people are complaining.

Look at how they are terrorizing him in Japan. grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 29, 2019
SIMPLE

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Edu3Again: 8:14am On Aug 29, 2019
Buhari is simply there to protect his gay cows & Fulani interest.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by GoodofNaija: 8:15am On Aug 29, 2019
Buhari is not smart enough to know he is d father of d nation!

He only sees himself as father of Fulani and zombies!

Unfortunately, even at that he is failing because if you are d father of a child and you are not able to rebuke him when he does wrong, then you are a bad father. This is d sad case of Buhari and d Fulani herdsmen!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by anonimi: 8:15am On Aug 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:
Wetin concern father of the nation and bubari?

Buhari is a father of the Fulanis

You got it right for the most divisive president ever to ruin Lord Lugard's geographical space called Naijeriya.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6411492_buhariunity_jpege6b944865fd28349d890aa9f1f00fb23

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Abalado(f): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2019
Buhari is the father to his Fulani people and not to me

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Situation001(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2019
stories the children of perdition loves reading..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by ArmaniUhuru: 8:17am On Aug 29, 2019
It will never be well with the people who packaged the Olodo unfortunate president for Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 29, 2019
grin..... NA EM MAKE US SUDDENLY STOPPED DRUMMING angry angry angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by Codes151(m): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2019
He is the father of all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by anonimi: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:
Kudos to afenifere for speaking up against the aso rock tyrant

Nor be today dem start to dey speak. The JagbaJantis greedy eyed monster just decided to rail his blind, deaf and dumb followers behind the incompetent dullar.d.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2508658_oroagba_jpeg0abfc12dc92c58919137322247296662

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not Behaving Like Father Of The Nation — Afenifere by duni04(m): 8:19am On Aug 29, 2019
Odumakin is a joker. All these rascals clamouring for restructuring should go and sleep. Let them channel their energy into holding the governors and local government workers accountable for the resources they currently manage. We don't want another N10billion naira national conference jamboree.
Let us sit down and make sure the current system works! There is money flowing through government! We should provide ideas for utilizing this money to the benefit of all. Instead of colluding with these public office holders to steal money and them come back and claim the reason nothing works is because our system is faulty. Let's stop this foolishness please.
If Nnamdi Kanu has better ideas for lifting Nigeria up, let him contest as governor of Imo. His popularity is massive there. He will win! He should them channel his ideas into developing imo and Iboland. Same goes for odumakin.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: FCT Police Beef Up Security Ahead Of PDP Presidential Primary / What Are The Biggest Problems Of Nigeria Today? / FG Rules Out Electricity Tariff Hike For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.