Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud (22049 Views)

5 Ways How The Arrest Of Invictus Will Affect Hardworking Nigerian Entrepreneurs / See Under 25 Entrepreneurs Who Are Worth Millions / Nigeria's Notable Entrepreneurs Who Are "Under 30" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by IamCharles123: 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
IdioticNLmods:
Remove that number 1, his forum is a disgrace, it fuels hate speech, tribalism and mediocrity angry
Is that his fault
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by jaxxy(m): 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sorry op bt how did u screen these names u have up there? Some run multi million dollar companies out of the blues which u don’t even know or have verified the source of their funds.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by DevilhimseIf: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
Kingosytex:

Ghen ghen, i don catch you.

Tigerclaws come and see your friend Benekruku, Blackcrainte, Machadopreto.

Cc Remitinubu Silasnwude Devilhimseif
zaga that bro
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by IamCharles123: 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
jaxxy:
Sorry op bt how did u screen these names u have up there? Some run multi million dollar companies out of the blues which u don’t even know or have verified the source of their funds.
Exactly.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by DevilhimseIf: 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
Kingosytex:

Ghen ghen, i don catch you.

Tigerclaws come and see your friend Benekruku, Blackcrainte, Machadopreto.

Cc Remitinubu Silasnwude Devilhimseif
bro i have done a little research on him
he doesn't have the attitude of MachadoPreto so for now I'll let him be but I'll keep my eyes on him
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Kingosytex(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
DevilhimseIf:
he doesn't have the attitude of MachadoPreto so for now I'll let him be but I'll keep my eyes on him
DevilhimseIf:
zaga that bro
DevilhimseIf:

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by nerorex01: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
[s]
IdioticNLmods:
[s][/s]
I belong don't mean i shouldn't say the fact!
[/s]

What fact are you sharing, is Seun the separationist promoting tribalism ?
Do you know how many handles they have taken down just to ensure that sane people can relate on the Nairaland space.
Ramifically speaking, we are the problem and not the founders of Nairaland or Nigeria.
Let us all do what is right and shun all forms of evil.
Thanks.

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by nextstep(m): 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
Let's add more people. Here are some (I just copied from Wikipedia):

Mark Essien is a Nigerian entrepreneur, software developer and startup investor. He is the founder and CEO of Hotels.ng, one of the first and most successful online hotel booking websites in Nigeria. In 2013, he founded Hotels.ng. Spark.ng made an initial investment of $75,000 and another investment of $150,000. In 2015, the company secured additional investment funding of $1.2m from international investors EchoVC Pan-Africa Fund,[6] a seed-stage technology fund, and Omidyar Network, the investment vehicle of eBay founder Pierre Omidyar. In 2015 Mark made the Forbes list of 30 youngest entrepreneurs in Africa. He has also been nominated for the Nigeria Future awards amongst others.[11]Before founding Hotels.ng, Mark Essien had previously built a file sharing software called Gnumm (acquired by Snoopstar.com), followed by a language learning startup called Ingolingo. - Wikipedia

Tayo Oviosu - Founder of Paga, a Nigerian mobile payments company that allows users to send money, pay bills and receive payments easily from any mobile phone. Today Paga is the largest fintech company in Nigeria, with over 8.5 million users, 15,000 agents across Nigeria and 200+ employees.
Tayo has over sixteen years of experience in a variety of technical and business roles in high-tech and private equity. Most recently, he was Vice President at Travant Capital Partners where he was responsible for executing the firm’s investment strategy in West Africa.
Prior to joining Travant, Tayo was a Manager, Corporate Development, at Cisco Systems in San Jose California. In that role, he was responsible for strategy, acquisitions, and private equity investments in four technology sectors − Virtual Computing, Application Networking, Security, and Network Management. Tayo also helped lead Cisco’s investment expansion in Africa. At Cisco, Tayo led numerous acquisition and private equity investment opportunities, including the $130m acquisition of Reactivity, and investments in Aquantia (10G Base−T, Series A), and Guardium (Database Security, recently sold to IBM). Tayo was also responsible for the private sale of 22% of Cisco’s South African operations to a consortium of investors in 2007. - Medium.com

Shola Akinlade and Ezra Olubi - Paystack, with offices in both Lagos and San Francisco, enables Nigerian businesses to accept Mastercard, Visa and Verve cards. In addition, the startup also supports payments through mobile money transfer services. The startup claims over 17 000 organisations use its platform. Paystack charges 1.5% and 3.9% on local and international transactions, respectively. Crunchbase estimates that the Lagos-based startup has raised up to $9.5-million in funding through five rounds since its launch. In 2016 the startup raised $1.3-million in seed funding from several investors including Comcast Ventures, Singularity Investments, and Tencent. The startup made history in 2015 when it became the first Nigerian startup to be invited to join Y Combinator’s Accelerator program. As on November 2018, customers are now paying over $27.5 million to Paystack merchants every month. - ventureburn.com and haystack website.

Ola Orekunrin - Flying Doctors of Nigeria, an air ambulance service. With offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt, it is equipped with with 20 aircraft and 47 staff, 44 of whom are doctors. As well as moving injured and ill patients to hospital, the organisation has set up medical infrastructure for the government, and worked with private companies to improve their on-site medical services. It contracts with the government and private companies. Helicopters are provided for corporate clients running large events, and wealthy families and individuals can set up a membership plan for private emergency healthcare. The company has entered into an agreement with a UK-based call centre to operate telephone services in order to provide stable communications. It is an award-winning service, the first indigenous Air Ambulance in West Africa, in operation for almost ten years. - Wikipedia and flyingdoctorsnigeria.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Caleb17: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
I can't see my friend Obinwanne Okeke..
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by tunmoj(m): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
IdioticNLmods:
Remove that number 1, his forum is a disgrace, it fuels hate speech, tribalism and mediocrity angry

Be careful ooo.. You might face BAN!
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Angelfrost(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
IdioticNLmods:

His forum doesn't fuel anything, it's the people on the forum that do that... Same thing they do on Facebook, Google, and Instagram. Social Media is a global market for the good, bad and ugly... however, this forum is long overdue for an upgrade.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by windhunter(m): 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2019
IdioticNLmods:

You are very wrong to have said this. The hate comments you see here are a reflection of who Nigerians are as a people or are you going to say Facebook too is a disgrace to the global community? Nigerians post hate comments on Nigerian Facebook groups the same way they do on nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Ebbunwa(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
If this list came out last month, Invictus Obi would have been there
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
So many r.etarded comments from lazy youth.

There is hope.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
It would be nice is Seun shared photos. Always good to see organic growth of a business.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Kaybex007(m): 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
I beg just leave these guys alone to run their business without fear ooooooo. Because the moment you allow their names to over ring what you will hear is FBI is looking for them. That was how Forbes published invictus Obi and he was happy with it saying he is the writer of his own fate, and before you knew it, FBI collected the biro from him and started rewriting his fate for him without his conscent. grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Alpha5603(m): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
Good one grin
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by nextstep(m): 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
Kaybex007:
I beg just leave these guys alone to run their business without fear ooooooo. Because the moment you allow their names to over ring what you will hear is FBI is looking for them. That was how Forbes published invictus Obi and he was happy with it saying he is the writer of his own fate, and before you knew it, FBI collected the biro from him and started rewriting his fate for him without his conscent. grin grin cheesy

I hear what you're saying grin

But then again, if they are not doing legit business and we uncover them, is that not a good thing?
There are lots of people doing legit, so they should have no fear. In fact, it will boost their image, attract more investment and success to them, and also undo some of the damage from bad eggs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by PapaAdanna: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
Una don come again
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by maverick1995: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
AFONJA AMAKA!!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by kblacko1: 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
Citytrend:
I think seun deserved to be on this list.
anyone criticizing my position probably know Little or nothing about Nairaland
Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

bro you deserve it ooo
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by sellers4buyers(m): 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2019
Coming to join the list
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by guynextdoor(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
IdioticNLmods:
Well said, my friend. You just took it out of my mouth. But to add to what you have said, not only is his business(nairaland) a playground for tribalists, I believe he is also a conc. tribalist himself. I can't believe the amount of hate that goes on here unchecked. The foo.l ought to be ashamed of himself for building an albatross such as this and then assemble a bunch of never-do-wells as moderators. If it were in a saner clime, shit hole like nairaland ought to have been dumped in a digital trash can. Nairaland is a place where everything anti-national unity thrives. A junkyard for hate speech. Woe unto that fellow! Nonesense!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
operation wire-wire cheesy
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by tot(f): 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
guynextdoor:

Well said, my friend. You just took it out of my mouth. But to add to what you have said, not only is his business(nairaland) a playground for tribalists, I believe he is also a conc. tribalist himself. I can't believe the amount of hate that goes on here unchecked. The foo.l ought to be ashamed of himself for building an albatross such as this and then assemble a bunch of never-do-wells as moderators. If it were in a saner clime, shit hole like nairaland ought to have been dumped in a digital trash can. Nairaland is a place where everything anti-national unity thrives. A junkyard for hate speech. Woe unto that fellow! Nonesense!

Hahaha cheesy cheesy, I bet the mods are yet to see this. So funny.
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by iPhoneRepairer: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
These are great men. What about women
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by Dagrace01(m): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2019
IdioticNLmods:
[s][/s]
I know you
Whatever!
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by YorubaAssasin: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
DevilhimseIf:

Here's comes this dude once again constituting NUISANCE on this peaceful forum. His other monikers includes but, not limited to:

SilasNwude, Olanipekun1, RemiTinubu, Devilhimself, NgadaAwo, Yarabag, Shakazullu, bIoodykiller etc...

He needs to be banned for life once and for all, Thanks!

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud by JUMO95: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
Caleb17:
I can't see my friend Obinwanne Okeke..
lol hello@workforcegroup.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Business Plan On Palm-oil Processing / Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX / Top 5 Ways To Make Money Before And During The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.