Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State (9774 Views)

Ardova Plc Acquires 100% Stake In Enyo Retail And Supply Limited / Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At Abakaliki Rice Mill Company (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by immortalityk: 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
Elephant group PLC founded by akin ogunbiyi is an indigenous player in food manufacturing in Nigeria
Elephant group PLC was founded by akin ogun and he is the CEO

The Executive Director, Operations, Elephant Group Plc, Akin Ogunbiyi, stated that Nigeria has all it takes to become a giant in rice production, maintaining that with the acquisition of the 30,000 rice paddy, the company hopes to bridge the demand gap for Nigerian consumers’ demand for rice which currently stands at 5.8 million tonnes per annum.
Ogunbiyi added that the move was also coming on the heels of the Federal Government’s announcement to achieve self-sufficiency in paddy rice production by 2020.
He revealed that Nigeria is the continent’s leading consumer of rice, one of the largest producers of rice in Africa.
In his words: ‘‘As well as an important food security crop, it is an essential cash crop for it is mainly small-scale producers who commonly sell 80 per cent of total production and consume only 20 per cent. Rice generates more income for Nigerian farmers than any other cash crop in the country.
“Elephant Group is making effective use of its mill and currently producing our own brand of local rice known as Elephant Pride. We get our supply of paddy rice for the mill from across the country, especially the surrounding local comminities. This has encouraged the local rice grower to cultivate more rice through the out-growers scheme, thereby, expanding the agricultural value chain,” he maintained.
It could be recalled that the group formally took over through concession, the running of the Elele Alimini rice processing mill in Rivers State, from the Niger-Delta Development Commission, NDDC. The Elele Alimini Mill has the capacity to process 210 metric tons of paddies of rice per day and with this development, a positive impact has been made on the Nigerian economy because its creating jobs both directly and indirectly and increasing the country’s Gross Domestic Product, GDP. “It will guarantee food security and also go a long way in supporting Federal Government’s efforts to ensure agricultural sustenance and food sufficiency.”
Ogunbiyi assured of his firm’s readiness to make effective use of the mill, stating that ‘Elephant Pride Rice was available in the open market.
In another development, the Elephant Group in conjunction with the Edo State Government and the Nigeria Incentive Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending, NIRSAL, has also signed a memorandum of understanding to procure cassava from about 350 farmers that will be benefiting from the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Anchor Borrowers Programme in Edo North Senatorial District of Edo State.
The Edo State Government has approved part of its commitment to the programme which would engage about 150 cassava farmers and 200 youths in the senatorial district participating by cultivating 500 hectares of land for cassava production.
In the agreement, Elephant Group would buy the cassava from the farmers which they would in turn process into cassava flour. The project, according to an insider, is expected to kick off this year. “We want to make the nation sufficient in food, create employment and support the Federal Government’s policy of back-to-land without sole reliance on oil and gas assets,” Ogunbiyi emphasized.
The Elephant Group is a conglomerate in the business of import, export, production, processing, marketing and distribution of agro-commodities throughout the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/elephant-group-gets-head-start-rice-processing/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by PureGoldh(m): 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Na this kinda new we suppose dey hear on a daily basis.

Kudos to them...

If you need Pure Original unadulterated honey

Kindly call or whatsapp me on 081 0166 6771

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by immortalityk: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2019
I thought some people said Yoruba's don't have industries or rice mills?
Simplyleo codetemplar highered

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by immortalityk: 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
Tundebricklayer,I thought u said yorubas don't have industries or rice mill

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:
Is Rivers State a Yoruba state

5 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by immortalityk: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Is Rivers State a Yoruba state
The company is controlled by Yoruba's
Wetin concern me with rivers state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by eben2marketer: 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
cool
Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by madenigga(m): 12:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
nice move, but Elele shocked, for Rivers state once u pass Igwuruta you dae on your own security wise. Lets hope insecurity doesn't fvck up this nice initiative

5 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Iamgrey5(m): 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:
This is great, Yorubas are industrialist not traders.

Please always ignore bigots.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by josh18(m): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
make border rest from smullging..
Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by DennisEche(m): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE NOT PLANNING TO BE RE-BAGGING FOREIGN RICE

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by iretemide(f): 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
Can someone Link me up, I don't mind being their distributor, I'm a young vibrant business woman with two outlets ,. Let me stop here for now !

3 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by kayjoasy: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
Please where is the mill, we need to see d pix
Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by TundeBricklayer: 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:
Tundebricklayer,I thought u said yorubas don't have industries or rice mill
They acquired Rice mill in Rivers state dumbo

3 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
Watch your back, dangote is coming to monopolize this sector soon,take your profits as quickly as you can

3 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by TundeBricklayer: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Igbos are leading in indigenous industries and trading

GDP 2019

Check trade and industries

1 Like

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Iamgrey5(m): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

GDP 2019

How does your chat support your assertion again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by TundeBricklayer: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Industrial sector account for 6.7 trillion, trade 5.3 trillion, crude oil and gas are under industry

1 Like

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nigerian rice now competes with foreign rice in terms of prices. Seems FG is sleeping.

BTW, why do these idiots go on tribal wars on all threads over trivial issues?

4 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by LegendHero(m): 1:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

GDP 2019

Lol. So this chart is the reason for your claim?

Blood of habakuk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Iamgrey5(m): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Industrial sector account for 6.7 trillion, trade 5.3 trillion, crude oil and gas are under industry
Bruv I am not disputing your figures, but this does not change the fact that an average Yoruba man would rather work under a company than trade,

This is partly due to the stigma attached to trading in Yorubaland, which is slightly associated with women being recognized as traders.

Although, modern trend is changing that but an average Yoruba man would rather learn welding, carpentry etc than learn how to trade.

4 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by immortalityk: 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

They acquired Rice mill in Rivers state dumbo
So all the industry in anambra was built from scratch by anambra people?
No be importation of machine equipment from China
Abi na them make all those machines

1 Like

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Ritchiee: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:
Maybe you are new here. Yorubas have the largest industries home and abroad .

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by immortalityk: 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ritchiee:

Name them for me .
Please I've been looking all over the net and it's hard
Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by softplaceng: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:

Name them for me .

you know the nature of us now, we dont like to loud things

we are too secret for my liking
Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by pinkygurl(f): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:
Elephant group PLC founded by akin ogunbiyi is an indigenous player in food manufacturing in Nigeria
Elephant group PLC was founded by akin ogun and he is the CEO

The Executive Director, Operations, Elephant Group Plc, Akin Ogunbiyi, stated that Nigeria has all it takes to become a giant in rice production, maintaining that with the acquisition of the 30,000 rice paddy, the company hopes to bridge the demand gap for Nigerian consumers’ demand for rice which currently stands at 5.8 million tonnes per annum.
Ogunbiyi added that the move was also coming on the heels of the Federal Government’s announcement to achieve self-sufficiency in paddy rice production by 2020.
He revealed that Nigeria is the continent’s leading consumer of rice, one of the largest producers of rice in Africa.
In his words: ‘‘As well as an important food security crop, it is an essential cash crop for it is mainly small-scale producers who commonly sell 80 per cent of total production and consume only 20 per cent. Rice generates more income for Nigerian farmers than any other cash crop in the country.
“Elephant Group is making effective use of its mill and currently producing our own brand of local rice known as Elephant Pride. We get our supply of paddy rice for the mill from across the country, especially the surrounding local comminities. This has encouraged the local rice grower to cultivate more rice through the out-growers scheme, thereby, expanding the agricultural value chain,” he maintained.
It could be recalled that the group formally took over through concession, the running of the Elele Alimini rice processing mill in Rivers State, from the Niger-Delta Development Commission, NDDC. The Elele Alimini Mill has the capacity to process 210 metric tons of paddies of rice per day and with this development, a positive impact has been made on the Nigerian economy because its creating jobs both directly and indirectly and increasing the country’s Gross Domestic Product, GDP. “It will guarantee food security and also go a long way in supporting Federal Government’s efforts to ensure agricultural sustenance and food sufficiency.”
Ogunbiyi assured of his firm’s readiness to make effective use of the mill, stating that ‘Elephant Pride Rice was available in the open market.
In another development, the Elephant Group in conjunction with the Edo State Government and the Nigeria Incentive Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending, NIRSAL, has also signed a memorandum of understanding to procure cassava from about 350 farmers that will be benefiting from the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Anchor Borrowers Programme in Edo North Senatorial District of Edo State.
The Edo State Government has approved part of its commitment to the programme which would engage about 150 cassava farmers and 200 youths in the senatorial district participating by cultivating 500 hectares of land for cassava production.
In the agreement, Elephant Group would buy the cassava from the farmers which they would in turn process into cassava flour. The project, according to an insider, is expected to kick off this year. “We want to make the nation sufficient in food, create employment and support the Federal Government’s policy of back-to-land without sole reliance on oil and gas assets,” Ogunbiyi emphasized.
The Elephant Group is a conglomerate in the business of import, export, production, processing, marketing and distribution of agro-commodities throughout the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/elephant-group-gets-head-start-rice-processing/
grin
Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Deoboss(m): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
Correction: Nigerians (industrialist) as Yoruba is not a country but just 1 tribe in the country. I know one of the owners of Elephant Group & he is not a tribalistic person at all.

Pls let’s stop this unnecessary tribal argument that lead us no where. South Africans hate us like poo & we are showing the world we don’t love each other either so who will love us if we too hate each other like South Africans hate us?
Ritchiee:

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by bamasite(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
Great news. I like hearing this type of news
Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Ritchiee: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
Deoboss:
Correction: Nigerians (industrialist) as Yoruba is not a country but just 1 tribe in the country. I know one of the owners of Elephant Group & he is not a tribalistic person at all.

Pls let’s stop this unnecessary tribal argument that lead us no where. South Africans hate us like poo & we are showing the world we don’t love each other either so who will love us if we too hate each other like South Africans hate us?
Our Igbo brethren started it.They are too hatefull.

1 Like

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by Ritchiee: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:

Name them for me .
https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

There is a lorry load of them in that link.
The Igbos do not have half of the industries the Yorubas have.They initiated tbe dick measuring and got a bloodied nose.
Here are some...

Lekan Bello- FSCL Group • Razaq okoya-eleganza group • Adetokunbo ogundeyi-proforce limited • Olakunle ekundayo- drugfield pharmaceuticals drugfield is the first nigerian and african company to manufacture newborn cord-care antiseptic gel, chlorhexidine digluconate 7.1, which prevents umbilical cord infections in newborn babies • Bukky George- Healthplus phramacies (Biggest pharmacy retail chain in Nigeria). • Joke Bakare- Medplus pharmacies (arguably the Biggest pharmacy retail chain in Nigeria) • Jimoh ibrahim-nicon group/global fleet group air nigeria/nicon insurance/nigeria re-insurance corporation/nicon luxury hotel lagos/nigeria -holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others global fleet oil and gas, nicon hotels, global fleet industries energy bank - accra, ghana energy bank são tomé global media mirror limited • Oba otudeko--honeywell group/radisson blu hotel • Alex Onabanjo- Terra Energy Nigeria, Atco furniture, Rainbow FM • Prince samuel adedoyin-doyin group of companies global soap & detergent industries limited, consolidated foods and beverages limited doyin pharmaceutical (nigeria) limited,doyin farms • Jimoh oyedele ibrahim-piccadily insurance/unique aluminium products limited • Bode akindele-fairgate group the group is worth over 1billion pounds( among company’s tenants are asda wallmart,continental holdings/ modamola group of companies/nigerian biscuits limited • Chief samuel adegbite-oasis group • Kase lukman lawal-camac holdings (2002 camac was named the largest african-american owned company on the black enterprise 100s list.) • Chief michael ade ojo-elizade group (largest importer/seller of toyota vehicles in west africa), elizade university • Buruji Kashamu- KASMAL Goup • Tokunbo Oshin- ZIPEST • Chief harry akande-Aic Nigeria • Tunji owoeye-elephant group • Adebola Adegunwa- Fototek, Essay holdings • Oladimeji owofemi- multi-trex foods, nigeria’s first indigenous chocolate manufacturer • Tunde folawiyo-yinka folawiyo group • S.K Onofowokan- Coleman wires and Cables • Gbolade Osibodu- Vigeo group • Fikayo ogundipe -Tolet.com.ng • Victor obasuyi-obasuyi holdings (a real estate venture with properties that boast more than 40 tenants in the city of waterloo alone) • Otunba Gbenga daniel- KrestaLaurel (Lifts and Elevator company) • F.O Arowolo- ARON Nigeria • Sujimbomi ogundele- Sujimoto constructions • Demola Odutola- Queensdrive estates • Olu Okeowo aka Lagos Landlord- Gibraltar constructions • Abiodun Onanuga- NUGACON constructions • Tayo amusan – Persianas group (owners of palms shopping mall) • Tajudeen adepetu-CMA Group (SoundcityTV, Soundcity FM, ONTV, ONMax, Televista Movies, Spice TV, Village Square, Trybe TV, Urban96, Access24)

1 Like

Re: Elephant Group Plc Acquires Rice Mill In Rivers State by PureFace1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:

All these is unnecessary

Stop going too low into dick measuring contest

It just makes Yoruba look petty

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven Places (not Bank) Where You Will Get Loan Without Collateral In Nigeria / Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment / African Development Bank Launches $464 Million Kangaroo Social Bond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.