Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,320 members, 7,860,767 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial (263 Views)

$3.65bn Abacha Loot Recovered In 24 Years / APC Leaders Pressure Justice Idris To Free Kalu In N7.65bn Fraud - Sahara Report / Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial by MediaGuru36: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
Former Governor of Abia and Senate Chief Whip, Senator Orji Kalu on Thursday rested his case in the on-going EFCC trial on alleged N7.65 billion fraud, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Justice Mohammed Idris of the Federal High Court, Lagos, directed the prosecution (EFCC) and the defence (Kalu) to file their final written addresses.

Justice Idris further adjourned till October 22, 2019 for the adoption of the written addresses and final arguments in the case.

Igbere TV gathered that the judge will fix a date for final judgement on October 22 after the adoption of the final written addresses.

Meanwhile, Igbere TV had reported that Kalu, on Tuesday denied allegations that he stole N7.65bn as governor, revealing that the Abia State under him had no such fund.

“Abia State doesn’t have such amount. Even the day I was leaving, we borrowed money to pay salaries. Abia State doesn’t have even a billion naira in any account at the time I was governor”, he said.

The Senator had earlier in his evidence told the court that he has been a successful businessman before venturing into politics.

http://igberetvnews.com/945715/breaking-sen-orji-kalu-closes-n7-65bn-efcc-trial/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial by divabolanle: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2019
Hmmm. ... following..
Re: BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial by Kingosytex(m): 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
Orji don chop dat money tey tey.

Smart man, always changing parties to ensure that the loot is secured just like Akpabio.

I always feel pity for those miscreants like the suya guy and others who constitute nuissance everywhere because of these politicians. OUK is about to secure his loot, what have they gotten?
Re: BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial by Abfinest007(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
finger cross
Re: BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial by gidgiddy: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
I hope be ends up in jail
Re: BREAKING: Sen. Orji Kalu Closes N7.65bn EFCC Trial by MediaGuru36: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
Seun

Lala

FP please

(1) (Reply)

People Don’t Understand Why I Am Fighting And Defending CRA. / Ogun Public Works Agency Assesses Sagamu Roads, To Begin Rehabilitation Soonest / 2023: Those Fighting Tinubu Trying To Pitch Me Against Him – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.