Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media (16994 Views)

Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi / Lady Assaulted By Soldier In Abuja After 'Calling Her Bloody Harlot'. Photo / Police Arraign Fake Pastor For Raping A Woman During 'Cleansing' In His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by hotobo(m): 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
eazzzy1:

There are things to do to recover a debt, the secretary should have approached the court to help her collect her money. The damages social media will do to his person and business can cost him a huge loss.

I hope the court ask the secretary to pay for his loss, that will serve as deterrent to people who always run to social media with the intent to bring peoples name to disrepute.
you are a fool at the bolded

2 Likes

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Legendguru: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
hmm
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by bmdmix: 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
ladyF:
But the guy na debtor na.

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin
who b lad f
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by madenigga(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
I am a Nigerian from Imo and

I have an idea that i think would really help imo state greatly. Especially its economy.

I am of the notion that Okorochas Eastern palm university should not be used as a campus of IMSU.
Let the status quo remain or they shift it to Mbano zone as Rochas planned.

Instead let the Eastern palm University be used as a transport university, it would be the first in the south since the only available one is at Katsina.

This would naturally attract investment and improve the economy, cause i sense Nigeria is about to withness a boom in that sector.

WHATS YOUR TAKE
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by seborrhic: 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Is he a debtor or not Was he owing her or not

The Nigerian police has arrested the wrong person! The lady wants her money and the boss should pay ASAP not the other way round!!!

Issues like this is what the NLC needs to take up!!!

Many bosses are guilty of this! Someone needs to be made a scape goat!!!

Seun
Lala
Mynd44

What do you think
That doesn't give her the right to (1)post his pictures on social media (2)Call him a debtor on social media.
There are agencies where issues like that are reported and taken up, including the Consumer protection council.She could even have reported to the police industrial court.
I hope she and others like her learn a bitter lesson.
You cannot defame someone in the social media and expect to get away with it, particularly if it's a civil matter.
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by descartes400: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lawyers in the house, local man does not understand....please explain...how can a person commit an offense, an offence he admitted committing and yet pleads not guilty to the charge in court as per the OP story
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by miqos02(m): 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

The Nigerian police has arrested the wrong person! The lady wants her money and the boss should pay ASAP not the other way round!!!

Seun
Lala
Mynd44

What do you think
the employee was wrong to defame the boss on social media, he/she should have reported the boss to the industrial court.
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Godwin2am(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

As much as boss could be owing the Secretary, there are better ways to go about getting your salary WITHOUT LOSING YOUR JOB.

Now that foolish woman lost her job, need bail money, will surely have to pay a fine for defamation of character (thus will never see her salary)
PLEASE HOW CAN I GO ABOUT IT LEGITLY, COS A CONTRACTOR I WORKED FOR RUN AWAY WITH OUR SALARY AT DANGOTE OIL REFINERY, NEWS SUCH AS THIS KEEP OCCURING AND NOBODY IS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Rapmoney(m): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sunofgod:
Mad woman......see your life!

Between you and the lady, I'm still thinking who's really mad.
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Rapmoney(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
descartes400:
Lawyers in the house, local man does not understand....please explain...how can a person commit an offense, an offence he admitted committing and yet pleads not guilty to the charge in court as per the OP story
She admitted she committed the act but she feels she is not guilty. One can state he or she committed an act, but feels he or she isn't guilty by law. It is now left for the court to decide whether she is actually guilty or not.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by capitalzero: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Seun
Lala
Mynd44

What do you think

This your comment dey sweet my belle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by eazzzy1(m): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
hotobo:

That’s it? No counter opinion, no input? just insult?The only person who has done something foolish is you.
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by capitalzero: 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
hotobo:
yes he is. I wish court can order the boss to pay secretary with interest
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by capitalzero: 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
miqos02:
the employee was wrong to defame the boss on social media, he/she should have reported the boss to the industrial court.

but boss has money to pay lawyer and police but he cannot pay his staff
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by exco90(m): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
some boss can be so wicked and heartless.. almost got myself into a similar scenerio.. I helped this man gather people here on nairaland to work together for him promising them a few amounts of money.. this man refused to pay my own money.. and the people I gathered.. I landed myself in trouble.. paid few I could pay with my own money.. but could not pay most of them.. he is oweing me 25k aside from the money I needed to pay the people am supposed to pay.. then of recent.. I opened the same kind of buisness he is into.. 100# bike away from his place .. this man wan kill me.. he said I did something bad to him..
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by follock007(m): 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
Gistformant:
The police on Thursday arraigned a company’s secretary, Elizabeth Ukeugbo, at a Magistrates’ Court in Wuse Zone 6, Abuja, for allegedly tagging her employer `a debtor’ on social media.

Ukeugbo, who resides in Kado, Life Camp, Abuja, is facing a one-count charge of defamation of character.

The Prosecution Counsel, Fidelis Ogbobe, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Aug. 16.

Ogbobe alleged that the complainant, Emmanuel Chucks, said the defendant uploaded his pictures on different social media platforms and tagged him a debtor, who could not pay salary.

Ogbobe further alleged that the pictures and comment went viral, defaming the complainant’s character and affecting his business and personality negatively.

He said that the defendant admitted committing the offence during the police investigation.

He said that the offence contravened the provisions of Sec. 392 of the Penal Code.

The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The Magistrate, Linda Chidama, admitted the defendant to N200,000 bail with one surety in like sum.

Chimada adjourned the case to Sept. 3 for hearing.

See more; http://gistmore.com/police-arraign-companys-secretary-for-calling-her-boss-debtor-on-social-media

This one you're here quoting laws from constitution and penal codes after using witchcraft social media to castrate someone repeatedly after talking them away from their habitat just to generate news. My own secret ary are blackmailing my, that i am a sinner (debtor), unlearned (sick) and they even put spywares in my house and my work computer, it is no longer secret that i am losing not just my money, i am gradually but fast losing myself, no jokes... So what penal code is applicable to this?
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by onadana: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Seun
Lala
Mynd44

What do you think

Was she forced to remain there?There were other avenues she could have used to get her salaries.
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Myself2(m): 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Seun
Lala
Mynd44

What do you think

What an arrogant display of ignorance of judicial process
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Reference(m): 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
grin....Do this in the US and chances are the lady will be back with an AR15 and half a dozen hybrid mags brimming with armoured piercing shells.

We take far much too bull in this country. Defaming what useless character.... hiss.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by linearity: 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
eazzzy1:

There are things to do to recover a debt, the secretary should have approached the court to help her collect her money. The damages social media will do to his person and business can cost him a huge loss.

I hope the court ask the secretary to pay for his loss, that will serve as deterrent to people who always run to social media with the intent to bring peoples name to disrepute.

It is only defamation, if what she said is untrue.

If the Boss is truly owing her salary, then he is a debtor and the lady have every right to even publish that fact in the radio, daily and all over the Internet; if the guy lost business or is injured as a result, then it is because he is a debtor.

All the lady need to proof to have the case tossed is:

1. She is owed salary.
2. The guy in question is responsible.
3. QED - Case dismissed!

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by linearity: 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
Myself2:

Go look up the law and meaning of defamation.

It is not defamation if, what is alleged is true!

If the guy is owing salary, then calling him a debtor or publishing online that he is a debtor is not a crime and it is not defamation.

The over zealous police must prove that, what the lady published is false and untrue to get a conviction....all the lady need is a charge and bail lawyer and she will be free, otherwise the IPO will falsely push her into some stupid agreement that, she will sign to put her in silence, therefore making the debtor not to pay her and she not able to talk about it anymore.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Brain08(m): 12:28am On Aug 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Seun
Lala
Mynd44

What do you think
as informed as you are, so you think telling the world would solve the issue at hand?.
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by 9jaRealist: 1:37am On Aug 30, 2019
Obudupikin:
You don't solve one crime with another crime.

TRUTH is NOT a crime...
Except perhaps in a CROOKED country like Nigeria! angry

And if you insist that the TRUTH is a "crime"...
How come only one person was arrested and charged?!
shocked
>
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by 9jaRealist: 1:47am On Aug 30, 2019
Myself2:

Dude, it is NOT...
On the contrary, she precisely asked the ONLY relevant questions.

TRUTH is a complete and unqualified defense to defamation under Nigerian law (as the Supreme Court reaffirmed in Dumbo & Others vs Igbugboe), and that has always been the case under common law.

>
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by 9jaRealist: 1:58am On Aug 30, 2019
Brain08:
as informed as you are, so you think telling the world would solve the issue at hand?.

Some of you Nigerians need to quit defending WRONG things...
That's why the Nigerian elite feel so emboldened to act with impunity.

If it does not "solve the issue at hand"...
It will likely solve future issues because others will be on notice.

PS: Doubtful it's the first time the deadbeat has owed salaries!
>
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 30, 2019
Caseless:
grin

here she admitted committing the crime.

here she pleaded not guilty. She wants to waste the time of the court. This will cost her more.

Truth is a defense against Libel. If the boss actually owes her, then she did not commit a crime by calling him a debtor

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by LiveScience: 2:38am On Aug 30, 2019
OTayobami:
She actually forgot the boss knows her original identity

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by tempest01(m): 2:40am On Aug 30, 2019
He cannot pay salary but has money to pursue legal case.

If he was owning her salary, then he is a debtor.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by sisisioge: 5:34am On Aug 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Seun
Lala
Mynd44

What do you think

Actually, the guy might have started out by owing her. Then she made the noise on social media. He would have then paid up but she forgot to take the pictures and comment down....that would be the basis of his case. May God help us to be wise.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Myself2(m): 6:02am On Aug 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

Dude, it is NOT...
On the contrary, she precisely asked the ONLY relevant questions.

TRUTH is a complete and unqualified defense to defamation under Nigerian law (as the Supreme Court reaffirmed in Dumbo & Others vs Igbugboe), and that has always been the case under common law.

>

The judicial process as pertains to common law stipulates that if a party feels defamed by another, they are at liberty to seek redress in the court of law.Rather than vilifying the claimant, he should be applauded for not resorting to self help or using his position as boss to exact vengeance or punishment on the staff
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Myself2(m): 6:03am On Aug 30, 2019
linearity:

Go look up the law and meaning of defamation.

It is not defamation if, what is alleged is true!

If the guy is owing salary, then calling him a debtor or publishing online that he is a debtor is not a crime and it is not defamation.

The over zealous police must prove that, what the lady published is false and untrue to get a conviction....all the lady need is a charge and bail lawyer and she will be free, otherwise the IPO will falsely push her into some stupid agreement that, she will sign to put her in silence, therefore making the debtor not to pay her and she not able to talk about it anymore.

Are you the judge? So what other legal advice would you have given the claimant since you are against him for taking the legal step of going to court and not resorting to self help.
The claimant has gone to court, let the judge give judicial interepretation to that. How are you so sure the boss was even owing her in the first place, are you a witness to their transactions? The IPO must have done some reasonable amount of investigation before having the boldness to charge the matter to court, so let the court hear both sides and determine the case on its merits or otherwise
Re: Police Arraign Company’s Secretary For Calling Her Boss ‘Debtor’ On Social Media by Fuckgovt: 6:33am On Aug 30, 2019
Y is our nigerian police and court this foolish. Selling their integrity for peanut �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Stabs His Brother To Death In Bauchi / Naijagistlive Update: Police Declare Matharoo Sisters Wanted, Surety Imprisoned / 52-year-old Father Of Four Arrested For Defiling 12-year-old Girl, Blames Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.