Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. (1474 Views)

In Need Of A Good Tablet Phone. / I Need A Good Tablet / Can Anyone Please Recommend A Good Tablet Phone - Budget Below 70k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. by fm4real2k6(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
Guys, I need your help. I'd wanted to buy Tablet with the following spec and budget:

Spec:
-- Sim=4G lite. Either dual or single
--4GB Ram ( Minimum)
--Good Battery life (12hrs-16hrs on heavy & continuous usage if possible)
-- 8' or above.

Budget:
N60k - N90k

I will appreciate you guys opinion here.
Please note I'm not really into smartphone/tablet market as such. So any function you are talking about, I will appreciate you explain in a layman language I could understand.
Re: Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. by fm4real2k6(m): 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
E be like say many people no too dey use, Tablet for here.
Re: Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. by jmaxjohn(m): 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
fm4real2k6:
Guys, I need your help. I'd wanted to buy Tablet with the following spec and budget:

Spec:
-- Sim=4G lite. Either dual or single
--4GB Ram ( Minimum)
--Good Battery life (12hrs-16hrs on heavy & continuous usage if possible)
-- 8' or above.

Budget:
N60k - N90k

I will appreciate you guys opinion here.
Please note I'm not really into smartphone/tablet market as such. So any function you are talking about, I will appreciate you explain in a layman language I could understand.

people pay me for this kind of info.

well, there are 26 devices that fit your description.
out of the 26, 15 were released between 2018 and 2019. So we'd look at devices in this year range because of the improvements in processor in the device.
out of the 15, i can only tell you to buy the xiaomi mi pad 4 or the xiaomi mi pad 4 plus because they are devices with great value for money and pretty much the cheapest on the list.
however, non fit your budget. it is impossible to get a 4GB Ram android tablet between 60k to 90k, much less with a capable midrange processor.

if you cannot improve on your budget, i will suggest the 8-inch 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A. There are 2 models. One with an S-Pen and one without. Obviously, the one without is cheaper. You can find one on slot ng website. But i'm sceptical because the uploaded image displays the Galaxy Tab A (2019) with s-pen at 55k, which i strongly believe is an error
Re: Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. by fm4real2k6(m): 9:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
jmaxjohn:

people pay me for this kind of info.

well, there are 26 devices that fit your description.
out of the 26, 15 were released between 2018 and 2019. So we'd look at devices in this year range because of the improvements in processor in the device.
out of the 15, i can only tell you to buy the xiaomi mi pad 4 or the xiaomi mi pad 4 plus because they are devices with great value for money and pretty much the cheapest on the list.
however, non fit your budget. it is impossible to get a 4GB Ram android tablet between 60k to 90k, much less with a capable midrange processor.

if you cannot improve on your budget, i will suggest the 8-inch 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A. There are 2 models. One with an S-Pen and one without. Obviously, the one without is cheaper. You can find one on slot ng website. But i'm sceptical because the uploaded image displays the Galaxy Tab A (2019) with s-pen at 55k, which i strongly believe is an error

Many thanks Bro!

I sure will like to focus on 2019 make. And as regards budget, I can increase it if there is a guarantee I can get better ones.

Apart from the RAM, the processor, I'm more concern about the battery life too and maybe affordability/availability of its parts. ( should in case any of the device part get spoilt or something.)
Re: Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. by fm4real2k6(m): 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2019
I did a read through in GSM Arena, and I feel this xiaomi mi pad 4 plus might just be OK for me.

I will still have to do some more reading on it anyway.
Re: Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. by jmaxjohn(m): 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
fm4real2k6:
I did a read through in GSM Arena, and I feel this xiaomi mi pad 4 plus might just be OK for me.

I will still have to do some more reading on it anyway.

consider these 3 devices;
1. Xiaomi mi pad 4 or mi pad 4 plus
2. The 10.8-inch Huawei MediaPad M6
3. Samsung Tab S4

Click here for a gsmarena comparison of all 3 devices

I should advise you here though.
The Xiaomi mi pad 4 and mi pad 4 plus cannot make or receive calls. Reason behind this is that they are both LTE-only devices. Nigerian networks do not support Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) yet.

Why can they not make calls? The reason is simple.

LTE has a special service that allows voice calls to go through the 4G network, meaning faster, clearer and more battery efficient calls. But as most nigerian networks do not support this yet, what happens is when you want to make calls, your 4G devices falls back to 3G (be it H+) OR 2G so that your calls may connect.
Since both Xiaomi tabs are stuck on LTE, they cannot fall back to 3G when you wish to make calls, thereby causing all your calls to disconnect instantly.
This limitation also means you will not be able to use the Xiaomi tabs for data connection when there is no 4G service in the area.
Add this fact to your consideration.

I hope i have been of help to you. If you need some more assistance, i hope i will be available to help.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. by fm4real2k6(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2019
jmaxjohn:

3. Samsung Tab S4

The Xiaomi mi pad 4 and mi pad 4 plus cannot make or receive calls. Reason behind this is that they are both LTE-only devices. Nigerian networks do not support Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) yet.

LTE has a special service that allows voice calls to go through the 4G network, meaning faster, clearer and more battery efficient calls. But as most nigerian networks do not support this yet, what happens is when you want to make calls, your 4G devices falls back to 3G (be it H+) OR 2G so that your calls may connect.
Since both Xiaomi tabs are stuck on LTE, they cannot fall back to 3G when you wish to make calls, thereby causing all your calls to disconnect instantly.
This limitation also means you will not be able to use the Xiaomi tabs for data connection when there is no 4G service in the area.

I hope i have been of help to you. If you need some more assistance, i hope i will be available to help.

Wow!

Many thanks bro.
I have never really thought of this.

But is there any that is a bridge between the 3G and the LTE you said.
I honestly like the over 8k mAh battery of Xiaomi though.
Re: Help: Please Suggest Good Tablet I Can Buy With My Spec. by fm4real2k6(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2019
jmaxjohn:

3. Samsung Tab S4

Im looking at this Media Pad, but i want to ask does it come with Google play? I heard it doesnt come with it. Or maybe the ones sold to Nigeria has that.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A20s Detailed Review! Just Amazing... This Is What You Should Buy / Nigerian Develops An App Help Stop Police Brutality #endsars / Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.