Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) (26369 Views)

Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East / Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent / Habu Sarkin-Fulani: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice From ‘Buhari’s Storekeeper’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by References: 6:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
Men of the Nigerian Customs, Kwara state command have been accused of carrying out unlawful arrest, detention and seizure of rice believed to be locally produced from a warehouse in Ilorin.

The accusation led to a protest by the chairman of Mount Olive Nigeria Ltd and his staff at the popular Oja Tuntun market on Thursday in Ilorin.

Speaking during the protest, chairman of Mount Olive Nigeria Ltd, Pharm. Ademola Adebola Julius, said in the last four years he has been supporting the cause of manufacturing local rice to grow the economy but unfortunately men of the Nigerian Customs have been threatening his business.

According to him, “Men of the Nigerian Customs Services came to my warehouse around 2am in the night, broke my door, tied my security man down and carted away my rice. 704 bags of Nigerian rice.

I have over ten trailers of the rice inside my warehouse that are purely Nigerian rice. “Ask any producer of rice in Nigeria, Mount Olive Nigeria Ltd, have been supporting them because I am the distributor of Nigerian rice in the whole South West and Nigerian Customs just came to frustrate me.

“I have 480 staff under me. I don’t know what they want from me. I pay my tax regularly. If they are saying I’m not doing my business in the orderly way, what is the orderly way they want me to follow?.”

Julius however said, “I have reported to the police. Customs men attacked my company unlawfully and that is why I’m protesting with all my staff for Nigeria government to come to my aid.

“They said I should come and see the AGC and when I got to their office they said he was not around. Three of my staff were locked up and they collected N50,000 from me before they were released. One of my friends who also came was locked up.”

While calling on the federal government to intervene, he demanded for the unconditional release of his 704 bags of rice.

“Nigerian Customs Service, Kwara state command should release all my rice unconditionally. Presidency should look into the matter. I have branches all over the country, my company is in 23 locations across the country they should come and investigate. We are ready to cooperate with whoever want to come and investigate us.”

"When I got to Olam farm in Nasarawa state in 2014, I was surprised with what I saw there and I resolved in my mind to support Nigerian rice because it will assist in tackling the issue of unemployment in the country. But here I am been frustrated by the men of Nigerian Customs. They should stop frustrating legitimate business owner like me,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/protests-rock-ilorin-over-seizure-of-nigerian-rice-by-customs.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by PureGoldh(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
I just don't understand dx country anymore

Person no fit do genuine business again ni? And MR president is in Japan telling foreign investors to come into the country and invest here.

Who did we actually offend?

well.. if you need Original Unadulterated Honey

Call or whatsapp me on 081 0166 6771

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Commentor: 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Install CCTV, take down names.

Go on social media with video.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by MetaPhysical: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sometimes when you are trying to solve a electro-mechanical problem you reach a point where you realize the damage to the equipment is severe. It can be fixed...and the fix will take an X amount of naira and a Y amount of effort and a Z amount of time to complete.

So you tabulate this inputs as total cost. Then you go to market and price a brand new model of the equipment.

You must make a decision. To toil on the defective equipment for 2months at a total cost of 150,000 naira and make it work again.....or to go buy the brand new at 65,000 naira tomorrow?

This is called cost/benefit analysis.

I believe Nigeria has reached a point someone need to make a decision....to keep working at fixing Nigeria for the next 100yrs and at great human loss......or to just demolish this shyyyte and replace it with a brand new nation.

Buhari is unfit for either tasks.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by oshinadekunle(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
no problem oga. we the federal government are working on it. be patient.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by helinues: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
Is the owner sure the security men are real security?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by o004: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by choky26(m): 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
The custom guys did well cos we have enough rice in Kano

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Lamasta(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
Customs should with immediate effect release the goods seized illegally

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Sunofgod(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
Rice Gate.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by EstrellaMarie: 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
PureGoldh:

Person no fit do genuine business again ni? And MR president is in Japan telling foreign investors to come into the country and invest here.

Why should you produce rice, do you want the Northern Rice Smugglers to go broke?
Leave farming/food for Northerners or else, you will pay for it.
All the Rice the Christians will consume this Christmas must come from the Sahel cool cool cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrWlM_-R5P4

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by kittykollinxx(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
How can their conscience endures arresting legitimate investors

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by point5: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
Who did we offend in this country,,maybe we can all go together to ask him/her for forgiveness

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by sophilala: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nigeria custom officers are bunch of thieves. Although in this case, customs could have received report that the man is repackaging imported rice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Nbote(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
Dis is armed robbery, no more no less.. U raided a warehouse in d middle of d night wen d operators arent around and carted away their rice, isnt dat robbery? Xmas season don dey reach for dem na... Tym to seize rice dey'll sell and share to demselves and their families...
U import things customs seize and impound dem...
U decide to do local business local govt and it's numerous task forces will frustrate U....
U decide enta road hustle, police will ruin U...
Oya give us passport na make we hustle visa comot, whosaaaaaiiii!!!
Dey shld jus share dis countries money and give me my own share, I no do again

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by israelmao(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nigerians are reliving Buhari's military regime some intellectual fools and dumb minds got us here through the misuse of their voter cards since 2015.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by RZArecta2(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lawlessness by security operatives in this Buhari’s junta is on another level even worse than the military era cool

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
All those customs are thieves in uniform... Most of their wives open shop at home to sell rice and other siezed stuffs.
Promote your product on my IG Page with 10k real followers. Email on my signature.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by tete7000(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
Custom operating at 2am, tying security man down. Those ones have become robbers. Wetin person no go hear from this country self?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by baby124: 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sounds like armed robbers o. One of his competitors may have waited for harvest to reap the fruits of something he never labored for.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Is it an offence to sue customs. Well I think it is because the effrontery by which the Nigerian customs is frustrating and seizing production of locally made goods and banning importation of safe foreign goods gives them a monopoly of power

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by PureGoldh(m): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
EstrellaMarie:

Why should you produce rice, do you want the Northern Rice Smugglers to go broke?
Leave farming/food for Northerners or else, you will pay for it.
All the Rice the Christians will consume this Christmas must come from the Sahel cool cool cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrWlM_-R5P4

But Mr President said that we should invest more in the agricultural sector.... Did he not say that? lipsrsealed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by haryothosyn93(m): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Why this frustration from custom officers....

But if it is dem dem... nothing will happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Reference(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
PureGoldh:

You voted them without asking questions. This is the result. In other countries the citizens tell government what to do. Here our citizens have nothing to contribute to the governance of themselves.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by picoba(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
This people again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Iko5000: 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
What are you smoking dude ?
oshinadekunle:
no problem oga. we the federal government are working on it. be patient.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by PureGoldh(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
Reference:

You voted them without asking questions. This is the result. In other countries the citizens tell government what to do. Here our citizens have nothing to contribute to the governance of themselves.

actually... I voted as a patriotic citizen but I will not lie to you brother.

I don't think my vote really counted ooh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by seborrhic: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
According to one Aboki,it's only Northern transported,even if not Northern harvested rice that is considered free from customs seizure.
Any other rice from any part of the country is contraband and smuggled.
Until Nigerians unite and see Buhari for what and who he is,he would continue getting away with all the rubbish he is acting in the name of governing.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Handover Ceremony Of Rear Adm Emmanuel Ogalla, New Chief Of Naval Staff / US And UK’s Interest Threatened By A Kleptocratic Ruling Class - Chatham House / I Thank God For Sparing Buhari’s Life -jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.