Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert (757 Views)

22-Year-Old Buys ₦4.6m Car With Fake Bank Alert, Lands In Ondo Police Net / Unemployed Man Nearly Beat His Girlfriend To Death For Not Quitting Her Job / Unemployed Man Arrested For Squeezing Married Woman's Breast In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by GistMore5: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
The Niger State Police Command has arrested an unemployed man, Luba Udoka Jonah, who allegedly specializes in defrauding people by sending them fake bank transaction alerts.

Jonah was arrested after trying to defraud a car dealer in Minna.

The car Dealer, Abubakar Yahaya of TK Motors reported Jonah to the Police after the suspect sent him a bank alert which did not reflect in his bank account.

According to Yahaya, the suspect came to car stand to buy a Mercedes Benz C240 model which they agreed at the rate of N2 million. He deposited N50, 000 before taking the car for test running.

However, after two days, the seller retrieved the car from the suspect following his refusal to pay the balance even though the suspect took his account details to pay the balance of N1.950 million.

Upon receiving the alert from the suspect, Yahaya went to the bank only to be told that no money had entered into his account.

This made Yahaya to report the suspect to the Police, which led to his arrest.

The suspect confirmed that he sends fake alert to his unsuspecting victims upon transacting business with them adding that this was made possible with an application which he uses to manipulate bank accounts.

He said he uses the fake bank alert to buy expensive things and leave the area immediately before the person can discover that he or she has been duped.

“There is one application I downloaded which I use to manipulate any bank account number that comes my way. I have been defrauding innocent people of their money without them knowing about it.

“I can buy goods worth millions of naira in somebody’s shop, once I complete the fake transfer, the person will get alert on the spot and I leave the area immediately.”

The command’s Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar urged the public to be discreet with their banking transactions in order to avoid falling prey to fraudsters.

He said that the case would be charged to court soon.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/unemployed-man-nabbed-after-buying-n2m-car-with-fake-bank-alert

Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by Mutemenot(m): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
cheesy
Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by GistMore5: 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by emeijeh(m): 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
Stupid trick in 2019, when we all have our bank's mobile apps on our phones.
Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by Jumlek2411: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
This is serious indeed.
Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by Harrymig1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
This is serious, may God heal the land.
Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by myfan: 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Speechlessly speechless
Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by Gentlemanforyou: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lord
Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by GistmoreNG: 4:16am On Aug 30, 2019
sad
Re: Unemployed Man Nabbed After Buying N2m Car With Fake Bank Alert by YoungG12(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2019
Abeg what's the name of that app bro!! cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Princess Buried Alive, Sacrificed, For Survival Of The Igala Nation / Man Rapes Facebook Lover For Denying Him Sex In Hotel / Beware Of Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.