Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:47 AM

FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion (34427 Views)

Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. / Air Peace Takes Buys E195-E2 Aircraft (Photos) / See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by OBTMOS(m): 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
F

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by fmwise2k(m): 11:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
A good step forward.
If I may ask, how many common men has seen the insides of an aeroplane except on an excursion?
The government should also implement projects that will improve the life of the common man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Simplyleo: 11:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
[s]
IamCharles123:

I didn't see ur comment on the topic where bandit killed n burnt a rev. father.
I didn't see ur comment on various insecurity challenges which ur lord god n personal savior (buhari) has refuse to tackel.
Na one small airplane which is the least of nigeria problem u dey lick buhari ass on top.
[/s]
I never knew I must make comment on every thread.

I also never knew someone is feeding fat from my comments.

Now, it is small but for over 2 decades, your god gej couldn't get it but prefers renting it from SA at $500k every 6 months. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Best9000(m): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
And tomorrow somebody will tell me that Nigeria is going to borrow money

(walking out of the thread)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by aremz(m): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ignorance is bliss!
shogsman:
One aircraft to calibrate airspace in a whole country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by PHfinest(m): 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
Automotive1:

The Federal Government of Nigeria on Thursday took delivery of a $8.5m (₦3.1 Billion) calibration aircraft that will serve in the calibration of navigational aids across Nigerian airports.

According to the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, who tweeted the development via his official Twitter handle, the aircraft would help make Nigeria’s airspace safer.

He said :

The minister also added that :

Sirika said what informed the government to procure the aircraft was that when it was reconstructing the Abuja airport runway, there was the need recalibrate all the landing aids at the time, which was actually the requirement.

“This is to ensure they are working in perfect order,”

He, however, noted that at that time Nigeria did not have the capability as a country.

https://autojosh.com/federal-government-takes-delivery-of-n3-1-billion-calibration-aircraft/

Past 2 decades we had non:

[s]Contracting from SA: $500k x 20 = $10million[/s]

Contracting from SA: $500k x 20 x 2 = $20million

Buying = 8.5million.

Will it last for 20years??

updated:

$20 million actually

But what about additional costs?
Why dont we make this place conducive for business men to set these things up where they are needed in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by ihitenansa: 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

Now, it is small but for over 2 decades, your god gej couldn't get it but prefers renting it from SA at $500k every 6 months. angry
gej 2 decades? What are u high on?

Don't always forget to reckon with buhari past 4 years too anytime u unroll your rabid tongue.u can't just wish away 4yrs of lifelessness just like dat cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by IamCharles123: 11:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

Now, it is small but for over 2 decades, your god gej couldn't get it but prefers[b] renting it from SA at $500k every 6 months[/b] . angry
You are not a smart person so u will take any lie thrown at u by this lying govt.
People like you only comment when the news favouring ur pay master.
If u truly care about Nigeria, u should criticise the govt when they fail as much as u praise them for little things like this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by PHfinest(m): 11:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

For dunderheads who will soon start barking like rabbid dogs without the slimmest knowledge of this newly acquired equipment.

According to the report, the calibrating services of this equipment used to be contracted to SA at a whopping cost of $500k every 6 months, wtf.

And to think the thought of acquiring this equipment after over 2 decades of lacking same never occurred to previous successive administrations speaks volumes of how "they really cared" for the self sufficiency of this country. Of course they wouldn't since perhaps the aviation ministers criminally enrich themselves through those lapses. Imagine, $8.5m, they refused to buy despite the huge revenue and depleted foreign reserves. 

Sons of dogs whose future were being eaten up by those past leaders will still not hesitate to show buhari the full length of their tongues on this account. Smh. 

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari 
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

Government has no business in business.
This $8.5million asset will park and rust
Maintenance cost nko?
Will it last for 2 decades?
Note that the so called “whooping” amount spent in the last 2 decades was $10million.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by baby124: 11:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
I hope they can maintain it. In a country that lack maintenance culture, leasing is always better. Such equipments easily become outdated too. They could have shopped for cheaper leases.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by tot(f): 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
solochris:

Do you need to insult before making your point known?

That guy has a big problem and he doesn't even know it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by lamalang(m): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
What we need now is surveillance helicopters to patrol our roads and bushes against kidnappers, cultist and armed herdsmen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Softcash(m): 11:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

For dunderheads who will soon start barking like rabbid dogs without the slimmest knowledge of this newly acquired equipment.

According to the report, the calibrating services of this equipment used to be contracted to SA at a whopping cost of $500k every 6 months, wtf.

And to think the thought of acquiring this equipment after over 2 decades of lacking same never occurred to previous successive administrations speaks volumes of how "they really cared" for the self sufficiency of this country. Of course they wouldn't since perhaps the aviation ministers criminally enrich themselves through those lapses. Imagine, $8.5m, they refused to buy despite the huge revenue and depleted foreign reserves. 

Sons of dogs whose future were being eaten up by those past leaders will still not hesitate to show buhari the full length of their tongues on this account. Smh. 

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by shogsman(m): 11:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
Wickedfacts:

You can donate another one to make it 2.

Mention any administration that bought a single one before now.

In a country where people don’t know their rights,the usual becomes a very big deal.FYI as far as Nigeria is concerned getting a plane on contract is better than buying a new one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by jonnyjustcome22: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ange....how does this serve a common man on the street. How many common man can afford to take a flight. We need development that we touches the life of common man on the street like road, portable water, electricity, transpotation, food, employment etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

Stop disgracing yourself.

Throwing insults shows you are empty and frustrated.

I don't know whether you are hungry join.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by NaijaFutbol: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2019
Automotive1:

The Federal Government of Nigeria on Thursday took delivery of a $8.5m (₦3.1 Billion) calibration aircraft that will serve in the calibration of navigational aids across Nigerian airports.

According to the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, who tweeted the development via his official Twitter handle, the aircraft would help make Nigeria’s airspace safer.

He said :

The minister also added that :

Sirika said what informed the government to procure the aircraft was that when it was reconstructing the Abuja airport runway, there was the need recalibrate all the landing aids at the time, which was actually the requirement.

“This is to ensure they are working in perfect order,”

He, however, noted that at that time Nigeria did not have the capability as a country.

https://autojosh.com/federal-government-takes-delivery-of-n3-1-billion-calibration-aircraft/

$8.5m

Yeah Right!!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by itsme01: 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
PHfinest:

Past 2 decades we had non:

Contracting from SA: $500k x 20 = $10million

Buying = 8.5million.

Will it last for 20years??

yes it can last more than 20 years as it is an aeroplane and not keke napep

and $500k per 6month equals $1million per year, this means in two decades of leasing it from south africa we are goin to pay $20 million dollars as opose the 10m you mis calculated

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

You almost made sense but then the unnecessary insults came in and one would believe you're either mad or about to: say by 1:am tomorrow..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
solochris:

Do you need to insult before making your point known?
It clearly shows how sick in the head he is...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Azimovic9: 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
Definitely a right step in the right direction.
But I don't like the mentality of praising the people in power for doing what is required of them, I see it like praising an ATM machine for dispensing your money to you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Simplyleo: 11:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
PHfinest:

Government has no business in business.
This $8.5million asset will park and rust
Maintenance cost nko?
Will it last for 2 decades?
Note that the so called “whooping” amount spent in the last 2 decades was $10million.
Go and learn simple arithmetic before quoting me with jaundiced calculation.

How does $500k twice a year for 20 yrs end up as $10m?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Omopasito: 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
With OP laid down analysis even as a private sector player, I will rather lease for 500usd biannually than buy for $8.5mn except Nigeria intend to lease out. it makes little economic sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by oloriLFC(f): 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Simplyleo:

Okay. Thanks for the insight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by 12345baba(m): 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
Something that they render redundant soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Oritsewhandey(m): 12:04am On Aug 30, 2019
Simplyleo:

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari j
Yeye

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Mayflowa(m): 12:07am On Aug 30, 2019
Simplyleo:

You can’t just conclude the buy is a good investment strategy without making all the monetary calculations around it. It is good for a sovereign country to have the type of aircraft based on security. You need to factor in money paid to staff manning the aircraft. The maintenance and the space taken. All of these are cost heavy and lastly the time value of money Firth’s investment made. It is under this consideration you make sound business judgement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by onega(m): 12:12am On Aug 30, 2019
abraham324:
I hope this one can fly?
No it can't fly you be the one pushing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by mrZENographer: 12:19am On Aug 30, 2019
Very good at buying Aircrafts and guns but what about Industries, metro stations at same price? sad
Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by Commentor: 12:39am On Aug 30, 2019
iamawara:
Airspace keep u dere. Give us something that will benefit a common man. Me that have never been to the airport self

By the grace of God long may it continue.

1 Like

Re: FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion by planetx: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Over inflated aircraft, how can this Cessna be $8.5 million. I doubt if it's worth half the price.

Just saw someone posted the real price and it was actually half the price for a brand new one, this one is probably a tokunbo. Aviation minister is now a few million dollars richer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Plunges Car Into Swamp In Bayelsa And Dies Instantly (photo) / "My Sister From Abroad Survives Fatal Accident On Way To Benin" (Graphic Pics) / Nigerian Airforce Helicopter Crash Lands In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.