Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Watch What You Do Around Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Watch What You Do Around Children (253 Views)

Eat Dark Chocolate Every Day For 1 Month And Watch What Happens To Your Body / Eat Two Eggs A Day And Watch What Happens To Your Body / Watch What Happens In Wedding When Bride Tells Groom That She Is Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch What You Do Around Children by TemmyT002(m): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2019
Kunle and Bayo are 7 year old children and best friends. Bayo went to visit Kunle at home one day. After playing football together, Kunle suggested they watch a movie.

Kunle: Bayo, let’s go and watch film

Bayo: But there is no light

Kunle: We don’t need light. Just follow me

The boy boys walked into the house. Kunle’s older brother, Segun, has a laptop. They sneaked into the bedroom and found the laptop on the bed; they took it and went to Kunle’s room.

When they switched it on, it demanded for a password.

Bayo: Now, we can’t get in. Maybe I should just go home. My mummy will be waiting.

Kunle: Wait! I know the password. My brother always thought I don’t know anything, so he usually type in the password in my presence. The password is the name of his new girlfriend.

Bayo ( looking surprised): Your brother has a girlfriend? He is just in SSS2

Kunle (shrugging): Well, he says he is a big boy. I can’t wait to have a girlfriend too.

Kunle typed in the password and selected a movie from the video collections.

Bayo: Don’t pick the one with sex inside o. My mum said it is bad for my future

Kunle: Don’t you want to grow up? Those videos are for adults. My brother doesn’t allow me to watch it.

The movie started and they began to watch. 2 hours later, they finished the movie. They had enjoyed themselves, especially the part where the ‘actor’ (protagonist) killed the ‘boss’ (antagonist).

They were very excited as Bayo prepared to go home.

Kunle: Do you have to go now?

Bayo: Yes, my mum is waiting. I will come tomorrow, don’t worry.

Kunle: Wait. Why not let us try that last fight? That will help us know how to fight very well. I will be the actor, you will be the boss.

Bayo: That is not fair. Actor is the hero; the boss died.

Kunle: Oh, coward, it’s just a movie

Bayo: But they used knives

Kunle: That will make it interesting.

The boys found knives in the kitchen and started fighting. They started slowly at first, then, Kunle got impatient and started to rush his friend. Bayo was a very observant boy: he had concentrated deeply on the movie. He parried and blocked all Kunle’s thrusts.

Whenever the knife moves towards his head, he dodged; when it moved towards his legs, he jumped; when Kunle rushed towards him, he sidestepped.

Kunle got frustrated and angry. He felt he was behaving like a boss (antagonist), while his friend was behaving like an actor (protagonist). He decided to make sure he won.

Bayo: It’s time to stop. I am going home

Kunle: Wait just a little longer

Bayo got tired, while Kunle got stronger through his determination. Bayo made a mistake by ducking too late, and Kunle stabbed him in the stomach. Bayo vomited blood on Kunle’s face, and the blood blinded him. Kunle didn’t know what he had done. He thought Bayo spitted on his face. He got angrier and pushed the knife into his friend’s stomach.

Through his covered face, Kunle saw his friend on the floor. He jumped up and screamed, “Yes!! I won.”

When he calmed down, he saw his friend staring lifelessly at him, the long knife deep in his stomach…
LESSON:

Let us watch what our children watch. Prevent them from watching violent movies, movies that include sex, kissing and curses. These kids observe what you do and try it later.

What if it was a little boy and girl, who just watched a sex scene? Protect your children and younger ones

Remember that whatever you do, affects people around you, positively or negatively.

SOURCE: https://opinionsandstories.com/watch-what-you-do-around-children/

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Right Degree Of Separation Or Closeness With Your Family? / Do Not Gossip Someone Or… / Posh Event Lights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.