Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Multitudes In Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Multitudes In Hell (1975 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Why Darken Counsel With Multitudes Of Words Without Knowledge 1 / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multitudes In Hell by Bastage: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

And by the way who are you to tell me my reason for worshipping God, are you now a mind reader? 

I don't have to read your mind. You write so much about hell and damnation, it's clearly obvious that you worship because you are afraid. Or would you like to point out otherwise?
Do feel free to do so.

I have no hell phobia, man. Why would I? Hell is just a word to me. It certainly doesn't influence any spiritual decisions that I may or may not make.

And yet again, you reply with just more brainwashed claptrap:

You have forgotten that you cannot run far enough from God.

Not far enough so that he can't catch you and punish you for being a bad boy? In that case, your fear doesn't make you run away. It has you paralysed and unable to move.

You're screwed either way.
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
Martian:

You put it perfectly, BUT he's too far gone in his delusions. He'll twist it into something even crazier and try to defend it.
It's like watching a schizo, you feel sorry for him but at the same time you can't stop laughing at him.

I know you struggle with the concept of faith but you practise it everyday.  Let me remind you of a scenario and you will see how you will always find it impossible to operate in faith if you continue on this blind path you are following.  God's Word says:

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" -- Hebrews 11:6

Try to establish any sort of friendship without faith and see whether it would work.  Walk up to a lady and introduce yourself.  When she tells you her name, say, "I don't believe you," What do you think her reaction would be?  When she tells you where she works, and you still tell her that you don't believe that she is saying the truth and you carry on doubting her like that do you think that you will be able to forge any meaningful relationship with her?  You are essentially calling her a liar, if you don't at least give her the benefit of the doubt.

If she, a mere mortal, feels insulted by your lack of faith in her words, how much more do you think you can insult the Almighty God by refusing to believe His Word and think you can develop a living, loving relationship with Him?  You are practically saying that God isn't worth trusting and that He is a liar and a deceiver.  This is what the Bible says,

"He that believes not God has made Him a liar" (1 John 5:10). 

It also says,

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you and evil heart of unbelief . . ." (Heb.3:12). 

The command of the Scriptures is,

"Have faith in God" (Mark 11:22). 

If a meaningful human relationship cannot be established without faith, what sort of relationship could we expect to have with God, if by our unbelief we continue to call Him a liar?  undecided
Re: Multitudes In Hell by Bastage: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

If a meaningful human relationship cannot be established without faith, what sort of relationship could we expect to have with God, if by our unbelief we continue to call Him a liar?  undecided

Who is calling god a liar? I'm not.
See this is your problem - you don't listen. You read about two words and then go burbling away about something that is totally irrelevant.
Faith is not the question here but as you seem to want to talk about it, then let me humour you:

What sort of Faith has it foundations in fear? In promises and threats? What sort of a relationship stems from fear?
Do you truly believe that it is fertile ground for Love to prosper in?
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2010
Bastage:

I don't have to read your mind. You write so much about hell and damnation, it's clearly obvious that you worship because you are afraid. Or would you like to point out otherwise?
Do feel free to do so.

You say I "write so much about hell and damnation" would you care to show us the evidence of this claim?  I have started just 171 topics do you care to show me the ones on hell and damnation? 

Bastage:

I have no hell phobia, man. Why would I? Hell is just a word to me. It certainly doesn't influence any spiritual decisions that I may or may not make.

You just need to open up and confess that you are scared whenever you are reminded of the reality of hell that makes you accuse me of using scare tactics.

Bastage:

And yet again, you reply with just more brainwashed claptrap:

You will be glad that I got not only my brain washed but my heart and mind also washed by the water and the blood of Jesus, only if you knew what filth I had there before.

Bastage:

Not far enough so that he can't catch you and punish you for being a bad boy? In that case, your fear doesn't make you run away. It has you paralysed and unable to move.

What you need is a healthy dose of fear that will make you get out of harms way.  Would get out of the way of a fast coming train heading in your direction?  And I don't mean that you should be paralysed like a frozen rabbit in the face of danger, I mean a healthy fear of God which means the fear of God.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God"

To warn of hell is fearful, but it is absolutely legitimate, because the Bible says that it is a fearful thing for a sinner to fall into the hands of the living God.

Bastage:

You're screwed either way.

I thank God that my head is screwed on to my neck, what about you do you have your neck screwed on to your neck?  Do you take the scare tactics in adverts using crash dummies serious?  Why don't you complain that they are using scare tactics?

Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
The Rescue Helli Copter

Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2010
Bastage:

Who is calling god a liar? I'm not.

You call God a liar when you don't believe His warning about hell fire.
Re: Multitudes In Hell by Bastage: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

You call God a liar when you don't believe His warning about hell fire.

God NEVER, EVER warned mankind about hell fire.
It's simply an invention created by men to force the ignorant to follow their religion. In reality that means turning them away from their god. Centuries later, cretins like you, grovelling and pleading for their own salvation and self-serving purpose, spout the same tired drivel and perpetrate the lie.

A dolt like you will never realise that you're worshipping the opposite of your goal because you're so set in ignorance, you will never see light.

I'll repeat yet again - I do not have a hang up about Hell. I do not need the concept to threaten me into worshipping a god. Unlike you, I can worship through choice. I have Faith because I choose to believe. I don't need to be threatened or coerced. Unlike you, yet you have the balls to quote articles of Faith? Can I make that point any clearer or are you still going to lie about it, insist otherwise or hide behind more meaningless quotes which you don't even understand?

Come back when you can understand the concept of Faith and then try to discuss it properly instead of parroting blind innanities that have absolutely no meaning to you. Being able to quote a few verses from your Bible is not the guarantee of eternal salvation that you so ignorantly hope that it is. wink
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2010
Bastage:

You are still running from reality? and talking about quotes let me give you one by Charles Spurgeon, he wrote a lot to the likes of you:

"Whither can the enemies of God flee? If up to heaven their high-flown impudence could carry them, His right hand of holiness would hurl them thence, or, if under hell's profoundest wave they dive, to seek a sheltering grave, His left hand would pluck them out of the fire, to expose them to the fiercer light of His countenance. Nowhere is there a refuge from the Most High. The morning beams cannot convey the fugitive so swiftly as the almighty Pursuer would follow him; neither can the mysterious lightning flash, which annihilates time and space, journey so rapidly as to escape His far-reaching hand."

'If I mount up to heaven, thou art there; if I make my bed in hell, thou art there'"
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
Bastage:

It's simply an invention created by men to force the ignorant to follow their religion. In reality that means turning them away from their god. Centuries later, cretins like you, grovelling and pleading for their own salvation and self-serving purpose, spout the same tired drivel and perpetrate the lie.

Here are some Bible verses by your Creator warning you of hell fire for your reality check up.

But I say to you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. -- Matthew 5:22 Read verses 29 to 30 for more doses of reality check up.
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
Bastage:

A dolt like you will never realise that you're worshipping the opposite of your goal because you're so set in ignorance, you will never see light.

I'll repeat yet again - I do not have a hang up about Hell. I do not need the concept to threaten me into worshipping a god. Unlike you, I can worship through choice. I have Faith because I choose to believe. I don't need to be threatened or coerced. Unlike you, yet you have the balls to quote articles of Faith? Can I make that point any clearer or are you still going to lie about it, insist otherwise or hide behind more meaningless quotes which you don't even understand?

Come back when you can understand the concept of Faith and then try to discuss it properly instead of parroting blind innanities that have absolutely no meaning to you. Being able to quote a few verses from your Bible is not the guarantee of eternal salvation that you so ignorantly hope that it is. wink

Let me remind you of your worst nightmare, the warnings of the reality of hell fire.

"But the fearful, the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" -- Revelation 21:8
Re: Multitudes In Hell by Bastage: 11:24am On Nov 02, 2010
God did not write the Bible. Men did.

Of course, I wouldn't expect a dumb, literalist slowpoke to know that.

By the way - I bet you believe that there are fairies at the bottom of your garden too.
Re: Multitudes In Hell by UyiIredia(m): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2010
@ Bastage >>> Guess using the same logic crapola >>> evolution didn't create men >>> men 'created' evolution
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2010
Bastage:

God did not write the Bible. Men did.

And who told you that God did not write the Bible?  Oh, your college kofeso. 

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20020225.gif[/img]

Independent thinking indeed.  undecided
Re: Multitudes In Hell by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

@ Bastage >>> Guess using the same logic crapola >>> evolution didn't create men >>> men 'created' evolution

Evolution can be observed, simple as that, can your god be observed?

An example is some people who live in some parts of the himalayas whose bodies have adapted to live in such high elevation. They have slightly bigger hearts and lungs to help with respiration because of low oxygen levels at high altitudes. If you think evolution hasn't helped this people adapt to their environment then you should go live with them and let's see if natural selection doesn't take it's course.
Re: Multitudes In Hell by Sweetnecta: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
Olaadegbu is a comic, joke, a laughable.

On post 24, he said the evolutionists practice "Blind Faith".

Is it not Blind Faith christians practice in many glaring issues, as in the begotten son?

Can you proof how a man from his mother's womb is the begotten son, when Adam, Eve were not even children, since there is not even a mother for either?
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2010
Martian:

Evolution can be observed, simple as that, can your god be observed?

An example is some people who live in some parts of the himalayas whose bodies have adapted to live in such high elevation. They have slightly bigger hearts and lungs to help with respiration because of low oxygen levels at high altitudes. If you think evolution hasn't helped this people adapt to their environment then you should go live with them and let's see if natural selection doesn't take it's course.

Your phobia for cartoons will prompt me to give you a video of your apostle Richard Dawkins, who was asked a specific question and how he stuttered and hummed for about 20 seconds before he eventually fumbled his way through.  Typical.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoXzF9zDy_k?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

You will see the stumping of the ardently atheistic evolutionist Richard Dawkins by the simple question:

Professor Dawkins, can you give an example of a genetic mutation or an evolutionary process which can be seen to increase the information in the genome?’

If anyone should know any true scientific (i.e. observable and testable) evidence that mutations and natural selection can add information, Dawkins should.  However, the video shows that Dawkins was unable to provide any experimental evidence, and gave an ‘answer’ completely unrelated to the question.

If you guys know anything about what you are talking about at all you would have discovered that mutations and natural selection merely remove information, and does not add information, as particles-to-people evolution requires.
Re: Multitudes In Hell by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2010
When I've I ever said anything about Richard dawkins? Lol

So, you found a creationist video that's obviously been edited showing him giving an answer to a different question instead of the one asked.
Ok, so what?

Mutation is a sudden departure from the parent type in one or more hereditary characteristics, so it can be an addition or subtraction from hereditary traits.

Natural selection ensures the survival of the species with the beneficial mutation.
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2010
Martian:

When I've I ever said anything about Richard dawkins? Lol

Are you now denying your leading and shining light, Richard Dawkins, Is he no more your champion, or is it because he got stumped here that you don't want to associate yourself with him?

Martian:

So, you found a creationist video that's obviously been edited showing him giving an answer to a different question instead of the one asked.
Ok, so what?

What has skeptics got to lose by telling the truth, do they have any inhibitions to telling lies as your apostle Richard Dawkins in his denials in the quote below?

This is Dr Dawkins after he has been stumped, making a number of incorrect statements [marked with RD] as cited by Mr Williams to which the interviewer's replies are interspersed and marked with GB (Gillian Brown).

RD: On September 16, 1997, Keziah Video Productions, in the persons of Gillian Brown and Geoffrey Smith, came to my house . . .

GB: I was accompanied by a former geologist, Philip Hohnen, not Geoffrey Smith.

RD: ' . . . I was challenged to produce an example of an evolutionary process which increases the information content of the genome. It is a question that nobody except a creationist would ask . . . ’

GB: That question actually came at the end of the interview. At the beginning, Philip Hohnen asked several general questions on the origin of new information. These questions are recorded on tape and may be viewed, either on tape or transcripted, by anyone interested in the exact nature of the questions. Dawkins objected to the questions and stopped the recording. He claimed that questions on the origin of new information were invalid, and that nobody ever asked him such questions. I responded that the question of information was perfectly valid, and very important to the evolution-creation debate.

RD: The tape having stopped, I explained to them my suspicions, and asked them to leave my house.’

GB: At no time did Dr Dawkins ask us to leave his house. A second camera (newly purchased, which we were testing) was inadvertently not switched off until later, so it recorded most of the ensuing conversation. This remains on record to clarify supposed ‘lapses of memory’.

RD: As it happens, my forthcoming book, Unweaving the Rainbow, has an entire chapter (“The Genetic Book of the Dead”) devoted to a much more interesting version of the idea that natural selection gathers up information from the environment, and builds it into the genome. At the time of the interview, the book was almost finished (it is to be published in November, 1998). That chapter would have been in the forefront of my mind, and it is therefore especially ludicrous to suggest that I would have evaded the question by talking about fish and amphibians.’

GB: After he asked for the camera to be switched off, Dawkins asked that his answers to the first few questions would not be used (and they have not been used). He then agreed to make a statement, but refused to take more questions from Philip.

We resumed recording, then after he finished his statement I asked for a concrete example in which an evolutionary process can be seen to have increased information on the genome. The long pause seen on the video immediately followed my question, he then asked me to switch off the camera so he could think, which I did.

After some thought he permitted the camera to be switched on again and his final answer was recorded, the answer which appears in the video, which, as can be seen, does not answer the question. Because my question was off-camera and off-mike (though clearly audible on the tape), it could not be used in the finished production. That is why the presenter was recorded later, repeating my question as I had asked it.

Your concern is that the pause was fabricated. No, the pause followed by an irrelevant answer was in response to that exact question, a question which Dr Dawkins could not answer and would have preferred not to even discuss. ‘Ludicrous’ perhaps, but the question was indeed evaded. If you would care to view the unedited tape you will be able to confirm my account.

RD: If I’d wanted to turn the question into more congenial channels, all I had to do was talk about ‘The Genetic Book of the Dead’. It is a chapter I am particularly pleased with. I’d have welcomed the opportunity to expound it. Why on earth, when faced with such an opportunity, would I have kept totally silent? Unless, once again, I was actually thinking about something quite different while struggling to keep my temper?

GB: Whatever he may have been thinking about I don’t know, but it is clear that he did not answer the question.

[From here, Gillian responds to Barry Williams’ article in The Skeptic2 (his comments are marked by BW) – Ed.]

BW: If it had been left at that, it might merely have been evidence of professional incompetence on the part of the producer and editor of the tape . . . ’
GB: Before making charges of ‘incompetence’, the original tape should be viewed … The question, asked by myself (not Geoffrey Smith) was off camera, and that’s why the question was re-recorded by the narrator, the pause and the answer which follows is exactly the response from Prof. Dawkins.

The actual pause was in fact shortened from 19 seconds to 11 seconds, and Dawkins’ request to switch off the camera so that he could think was also cut out. So, there was no malicious intent whatsoever, what is seen is Dawkins’ exact response, with a shortened pause, and the (merciful not malicious) removal of his request for time to think.

BW: Certainly this is by no means the first occasion on which the creation “science” movement has sought to misrepresent the words of eminent scientists to bolster their own inept grasp of scientific matters, and to mislead their own unfortunate followers.

GB: This accusation is beneath contempt now that your willingness to make accusations without doing your homework has surfaced. Another skeptic of creation, Glenn Morton, made similar charges on the internet. He asked Richard Dawkins about it and Dawkins denied recollection of the interview. Finally, after listening to an audio tape of the interview, Dr Morton posted the following apology:

‘ . . . I had originally questioned whether there was some doctoring going on in the tape because of certain technical details that were amiss. The shadows on the narrator were not the shadows from the room in which Dawkins sat. And the room appeared to be different. I wrote Dawkins and asked him about this. He denied having any recollection of this event. I suspected a video hatchet job. After Gillian established contact with me in June, I found that my suspicions were correct that the narrator was not in the same room as Dawkins. Gillian admitted that she had the narrator re-dub the question but contended that she had asked exactly that question and that Dawkins was shown exactly as he performed at the filming [a practice that Williams stated was acceptable – Ed.]. Gillian sent a copy of the original audio tape of the interview with Dawkins to a friend of mine. He sent the tape to me.

‘I will state categorically that the audio tape of the interview 100% supports Gillian Brown’s contention that Dawkins couldn’t answer the question
.’

Martian:

Mutation is a sudden departure from the parent type in one or more hereditary characteristics, so it can be an addition or subtraction from hereditary traits.

Natural selection ensures the survival of the species with the beneficial mutation.

Genetic mutations can result in either loss of information or gain of new information.  Virtually all observed mutations causes loss of information and am not talking about the loss or gain of function.  Some mutations can cause an organism to lose genetic information and yet gain some type of function. This is when they have a beneficial outcome.  For example, if a beetle loses the information to make a wing on a windy island, the mutation is beneficial because the beetle doesn't get blown out to the sea and get killed.  These are only the rare ocassions that mutations can bring about a beneficial outcome.
Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2010
Input -- Output

Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2010
Sweetnecta:

Olaadegbu is a comic, joke, a laughable.

On post 24, he said the evolutionists practice "Blind Faith".

Is it not Blind Faith christians practice in many glaring issues, as in the begotten son?

Can you proof how a man from his mother's womb is the begotten son, when Adam, Eve were not even children, since there is not even a mother for either?

Don't worry about the begotten son, what you need to worry about is the promise of your allah in this verse;

Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished. -- Surah.19:71 (Y. Ali)

Did you see the bridge you Muslims have been promised to pass over?

"WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning!"

Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40am On Nov 04, 2010

Re: Multitudes In Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2010
Bus Stop

Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son -- Colossians 1:13

We were all on the "bus to hell", at some point in our lives. Thank God for the "bus stop", Jesus, who allowed us to get off of that bus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Saw A unclothed burnt half dead man On The Road, What Would You Do ? / The Argument That Brought Me Out Of My Faith / My Father Tried To Killed Me, He Poisoned Me, Shot Me Because I Accepted Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.