Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,115 members, 7,953,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

Heavy Protest Rocks Ebonyi State As Govt. Shuts Down Shops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Protest Rocks Ebonyi State As Govt. Shuts Down Shops (306 Views)

Protest Rocks Lagos Over Obasanjo's Alleged Plan To Install Interim Govt / Heavy Protest Rocks National Assembly Over Plot To Impeach Saraki (PHOTOS) / Heavy Protest Against SARS In Rivers Over Threat To Kill Gov. Wike's Aide(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Protest Rocks Ebonyi State As Govt. Shuts Down Shops by Igboblog: 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
Heavy Protest Rocks Ebonyi State As Govt. Shuts Down Shops

Following the closure of some shops in Abakpa main market, over one thousand persons on Friday launched a massive protest, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV gathered that the shops were shut down by some alleged government officials.

Igbere TV recalls that two days ago there was bloody clash that ensued between the marketers and government taskforce, which according to report led to lost of life and destruction of property worth millions of naira by thugs.

Igbere TV gathered that the marketers protested the closure of the market for the third day, and asked the governor, David Umahi to direct his aides to open the market to enable them continue with their businesses.

Some of the shops owners who spoke off record, lamented of gross loss of huge amount of money, as well as customers as a result of the market closure.

“Since the closed the market, my customers have been calling me to supply them goods and I’m worried about it. I have lost a lot of things as a result of this ugly development.

“I believe by Monday, the market will be opened but if not, there will be serious problem,” she said.

It was equally gathered that the shops owners allegedly attacked the shop of the caretaker chairman of the Abakpa main market, Mr. Peter Oba for allegedly conniving with the government taskforce to course them havoc.

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/951081/heavy-protest-rocks-ebonyi-state-as-govt-shuts-down-shops/

(1) (Reply)

Violent Pdp’s Primary: Kogi Now In Realm Of War- Aspirant / Nigeria’s Muhammad-bande Takes Over As President UN General Assembly / #revolutionnow: Court Orders Immediate Release Of Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.