Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

How Abacha Killed Ken Saro-wiwa In Port Harcourt Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Abacha Killed Ken Saro-wiwa In Port Harcourt Prison (528 Views)

Al-Mustapha: How Abacha Died! Didn’t Die After Eating Apples From Prostitutes / How Abacha Stole Billions In Truckloads - Enrico Monfrini (BBC) / Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Abacha Killed Ken Saro-wiwa In Port Harcourt Prison by blogger4: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2019

An Ex-prisoner Revealed this.

How Ken Sarowiwa: Died in Prison for the struggle for Ogoni people

BARELY twenty fours years after the late General Sani Abacha led Nigerian government executed an environmental activist and Ogoni leader, Ken Saro- Wiwa and nine leaders of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP) on 10 November 1995, fresh facts are emerging on the scenario that played out in Port Harcourt Prison.

Ibrahim Abdullahi who spent over twenty-eight years at the Port Harcourt Prison where Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni nine were hung confirmed dead, said that after they were brutally murdered, he held the left hand of the late Activist while another prisoner held the right-hand side.

According to him, when Wiwa was to be executed, late Yar’Adua expressed shock that late Sani Abacha was going to kill Wiwa and went straight into the prison room, adding that when Wiwa was brought with his legs chained, all the prison wardens were sent out by the Soldiers.

According to Abdullahi who hails from Katsina State, raw Acid was poured on Wiwa and others inside the mass grave, just as he said that one Major Obi supervised the entire process.

Giving a vivid picture of what happened yesterday at the Africa Freedom Foundation, Abdullahi said, “My name is Ibrahim Abdulahi. I was arrested in Akwa Ibom in the course of fighting with a person, the individual’s life was lost in the process. We went to the court and I was sentenced to death. I spent 3 months in a condemned cell.

“When I was in Akwa Ibom prison, I was given life imprisonment and then, transferred on 15 of April 1994 to Port Harcourt Prison.

“In 1995, they brought Yar’Adua, Shehu Sani and Sanusi Mato into the prison. I saw them, we greeted. The following day, they took Shehu Sani to Aba prison and also took Sanusi Mato to Owerri. They left Yar’ Adua in Port Harcourt prison in 1995.

“One day, they brought Ken Saro Wiwa. When Ken Saro Wiwa came there, Yar’ Adua was standing at the gate side. They brought Ken Saro Wiwa from a military barrack and pursued everybody from the whole Prison yard...

CONTINUE READING: https://odinceblog.com/how-abacha-killed-ken-saro-wiwa-in-port-harcourt-prison/
Re: How Abacha Killed Ken Saro-wiwa In Port Harcourt Prison by ishadfurnitures: 9:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
Na Babangida,na him kill Dele Giwa, na Sanni Abacha na him kill Saro Wiwa,na Wale Omole na him kill Afrika( George Iwilade) OAU. Student wetin we go them, we go do them many things,wetin we go do them ,we go do them many things ***2ce*** this was the aluta song for ogba (University ) back then in the late 90s ...1999 to be precise greatest Nigeria Student ! RIP Dele Giwa, Rip Ken Saro Wiwa, Rip George Iwilade Afrika. angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Sing New Song After Being Asked To Step Down / Why Akin Adesina Of African Development Bank Cannot Be President Of Nigeria / Orji Kalu Loses Senatorial Seat, As Tribunal Orders Supplementary Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.