Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Is VoIP available in Nigeria? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is VoIP available in Nigeria? (13922 Views)

FIX: Sorry Uptobox.com Not Available In You Country / Are Webcams Available In Nigerian Cafes In Lagos ? / Latest Ccna Dumps Now Available In Abuja! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by obong(m): 4:16am On Jun 22, 2005
Anyone know if VoIP (voice over internet protocal) is offered in Nigeria as yet. And if so, what are the rates?
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by delarontus(f): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2005
VOIP can be done in conjunction with NITEL if you submit a proposal to that effect.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by Jesimiel(m): 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2005
Yes, VOIP is already in use in Nigeria, thus you can conclude it is available. Cybercafe use it make international call that is why there rates are low and the quality is poor cos of the bandwith they use. Also many of these calling cards use VOIP for sure and be not decieved most of the PTO's actually terminate there international call over VOIP.

Rates depends on the segement of the VOIP technology you are looking at. You explain further what you are actually looking at i.e. if I could be of any assistance to you on that. cool
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by obong(m): 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2005
I was actually just wondering if one could have it in thier homes, instead of the standard PTO's. Perhaps its a cheape alternative. Its likely the wave of the future, so its good to see nigeria has it. My aunt just moved back to nigeria and i wanted to know if she could get it in her home
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by deepleke(m): 6:30am On Jun 25, 2005
Good news for you! VoIP is really available in Nigeria and you can even set it up in your house if you wish. The rates are really cheap and the calls are clear too. I know a company which can really get that done for you. The name is Adesemi Nigeria Limited and it's located right here in Lagos, with the headquaters in Aba. You can easily check out their website www.adesemi.com. Cheers cool
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by obong(m): 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2005
deepleke, thanks a bunch. I'm looking at the site now.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by richlad(m): 3:56am On Dec 17, 2008
Hi Obong, voip is available wheresoever there is internet access. I use an inexpensive voip service for making my international calls. You can call US, Canada & many other countries for just about 3cent/minute. Visit www.skype.com to sign up. You can contact me (Meshach on 08032127899) or send me a private message if you want to fund your skype account.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by DoubleN(m): 4:38am On Dec 17, 2008
Try getting your hands on cisco equipment and connecting to a good ISP
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by desert333: 4:01am On Dec 19, 2008
The other day i found out some very useful softwares. Here i would like to share them with you.
Mac Mp4 Video Converter is a software
which can convert all video formats such as 3GP, FLV, MPEG, MOV, VOB, WMV, AVI to MP4 video and AAC M4A audio
to MP4 for MP4 video players such as iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, video mobile and PSP, with excellent output quality and high conversion speed.
Mac iPhone Video Converter converts all popular videos and audios such as AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, AAC, AC3, MP3, and so on to iPhone (including iPhone 3G) supported formats such as MP4, MP3, etc.
Mac iPod Video Converter converts video to iPod video and iPod audio on Mac OS X with powerful functions.
Video Converter for Mac 4Media Video Converter for Mac is powerful video and audio conversion software for Mac users specially.
Mac Video to AVI Converter is developed to convert all popular video files to AVI and convert video to audio for Mac OS X users.

Enjoy your digital life!
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by gigabytes: 10:47pm On Dec 20, 2008
Wow, I market a voip phones that can work with any network even ptos. Calls to US, Canada (land and mobile) are free, then western europe landlines free. Its real. You can email me for details: georgeapugo@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by showman: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2008
Is there anyone out there who is a proffessional in VoIP? Kindly paste your phone number here so we can talk.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by spikeinin: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2009
The rates depends on the segement of the VOIP technology you are looking at.

Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by sayhivoip: 8:13am On Dec 23, 2009
VoicePass Service Plan for Residential and Home User

VoicePass is new kind of service specially for bypassing VoIP blocking imposed by ISP for residential and home user. It allows subscriber to use VoIP freely in blockage region such as Middle East and Africa without compromising of voice quality. Outgoing and incoming call is always available dependent upon what ITSP or service provider supplies. With VoicePass subscription, zero configuration setup is at your finger. What you do only is to enjoy cheap VoIP rate and crystal voice. 24x7 support assures communication anytime and anywhere.

Key benefits:
Work with any ITSP and service provider
Minimal overhead and crystal voice quality
Easy-to-use and cost-effective
Zero configuration setup
Surpass conventional VPN scenario
Regarding comparison between VoicePass and VPN, please refer to
http://www.speed-voip.com/vgclientsdkcomparison.html

VoiceGuard Products (software and hardware option)

Software>

VoiceGuard Communicator(VGCommunicator) Fully SIP compatible Softphone/Dialer for PC2Phone and PC2PC services;

VoiceGuard Standalone Client Lite (VGSCLite) for Windows Perform encryption for any brand of Softphone, such as X-Lite;

Hardware>

VoiceGuard SPE VoIP Adapter (VGSPE) VoIP anti-blocking ATA device which is available in 1 - 4 FXS & FXO ports;

VoiceGuard Border Controller (VGBC) Hardware, support any brand of ATA/Gateway, such as Linksys PAP2;

Contact Info
Cindy (Sales)
SpeedVoIP Communication Technology Co., Ltd

Tel: +86 755 25504959
Fax: +86 755 25336159
Email: cindy@speed-voip.com
MSN: svoipsalessilver@hotmail.com

George (Tech)
MSN: jlsnmp@163.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/cindyvoip
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1850236815

http://www.speed-voip.com
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by Horus(m): 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2009
Yes VoIP (voice over internet protocal) is offered in every countries on the planet, including Nigeria.
You can use it to phone for free from PC to PC anywhere in the world.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by pipz(m): 8:56am On Jan 01, 2010
Yes, VOIP is here in Nigeria now. i'm also a marketer 4 a service provider, u can make calls to about 50 countries for free and also make calls to Nigeria GSM at a very low rates, 4 more info call 08082312000 or mail demola@globalwealthkonsult.net HAPPY NEW YEAR,
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by Mavor: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2010
For God sake, just go and download Skype, it's for free. make sure there are fast internet connections on both end (caller & receiver)
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by Dclique(m): 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
Very soon internet phones are going to be rolling into the market. And VoIP will be what everyone will be talking about.
But our local ISPs will have to boost up their speed for this to work perfectly.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by shardey: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
How right you are Dclique. People, better believe it.

I am representing a company that's already rolling out internet phone adapters into the Nigerian market on a large scale. I'm not talking about Skype (which is done only pc to pc).  In another couple of months making calls over the internet is going to be the new wave in making calls in Nigeria like it's already becoming in the USA, Asia and Europe where millions of subscribers have switched to VoIP. . Unlike some years back, high speed internet has become cheaper, the modems are smaller; many are plug and play, meaning you can take them around with you, and many people now have internet at home. The VoIP network service providers have also improved on their services, especially on voice quality and on dropped calls. All these are helping to fuel the rise in VoIP calls. VoIP calls usually mean zero tariff. You don't pay for the calls you make over the internet and you can talk for as long as you like. Who doesn't want this, considering how expensive gsm calls are?

Everyone, get ready for the VoIP explosion!

Anyone interested in more info can email me at opetaiye@ymail.com, or phone 08095211751

1 Like

Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by residentx: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2010
I need to get sim card with Nigerian number on it. I have a friend in the UK that wants a nigerian number for his phone.
He wants to do that complex 2 phone thing but I told him to just get a Nigerian Sim Card. Can you help me? Post you email address if you have a solution.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by UyiIredia(m): 1:52am On Aug 06, 2010
check out this site www.ipnxnigeria.net

4 call rates >>> click this link
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by SAPNET: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2011
We are approved resellers of VoIP credit to customers in Nigeria. You can now top-up your VoIP account from major providers on our easy to use website and pay by interswitch,Verve, Visa or bank deposit using any of these currencies (Naira, USD, EUR & GBP). Visit www. sapnetsolutions. co.uk

Some of these VoIP providers include:

VoIPBuster, VoIPStunt, InternetCalls, VoIPDiscount, FreeCall, VoIPCheap, PoivY, SparVoIP, NetAppel, SipDiscount, WebCallDirect, LowRateVoIP, JustVoIP, 12VoIP, Nonoh, SmsDiscount, VoIPWise, VoIPRaider, SmsListo, BudgetSip, DialNow, CallEasy, InterVoIP, VoIPZoom, SmartVoIP, ActionVoIP, Telbo, Jumblo, VoIPBlast, Rynga, VoIPGain, PowerVoIP, FreeVoIPDeal, CallingCredit and CheapVoIP.

1 Like

Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by ChyrillStucker: 9:16am On Feb 04, 2012
Hello there,

Yes you can absolutely take advantage of VoIP services in your country Nigeria. I have been using VoIP services for my small business from The Real PBX. They provide their VoIP services all over the world.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by daruche(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
you can check www.9jafone.com.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by aybanky(m): 1:13am On Mar 03, 2013
NettPhone.com is a leading VoIP service provider. Make unlimited free voice calls for a meagre $200 per annum only!
Suitable for Home and Office; and available on the 3G network; application can be downloaded using any Andriod phone; make calls to and from Nigeria to international destinations.

For more details, visit www.nettphone.com or call 08055981421
Loud Media Company | 4 Thomas Salako Street, Ogba, Lagos.
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by brightk(m): 5:37am On Oct 19, 2014
all dis scammers...see as dem don de advertise VOIP because somebody ask question.. una don fit solve bandwidth issue for browsing finish come de talk of VOIP..
Re: Is VoIP available in Nigeria? by persius555(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
brightk:
all dis scammers...see as dem don de advertise VOIP because somebody ask question.. una don fit solve bandwidth issue for browsing finish come de talk of VOIP..
With advance research achived with all available voice codecs, more voip services have become far effecient irrespective of low latency bandwidth offered by your isp. I use one of the voip services for local gsm and international calls, if you want a demo call 08166894416 for trial, both on android and office PBX.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) / USA Used Dell P65f, 4gb Gtx 1050 Nvidia, 7th Gen For Sale / Rapid Grab - Unlimited Rapidshare Downloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.