Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,729 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Whom Are You Witnessing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whom Are You Witnessing? (194 Views)

Benefits Of Witnessing / Is It Possible To Be A True Christian Without Witnessing Christ? / Pastor Quits Being A Christian After Not Witnessing Anything Supernatural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whom Are You Witnessing? by bingbagbo(m): 4:21am On Sep 01, 2019
WHOM ARE YOU WITNESSING?

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8, and these are the words of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Please, you can re-read in case you didn't get it. Jesus said his followers will witness him (Jesus Christ), that is a Christian. A Christian is one who witnesses Jesus. My question for you dear reader is, Whom are you witnessing? Witnessing any other being but the Lord Jesus Christ is heretic, unacceptable, sinful, rebellious, antichristian and idolatory.

There is no where in the Bible, Jesus asked us to witness our pastor, Ronaldo, Messi,,Allah, budha, Mohammed, Jehovah, Krishna, dagon, sango and the like. Witnessing any being other than the Lord God Christ Jesus makes you Antichrist, the message is still right there (Acts 1:cool, these are not my words.

Notice also that, Jesus said, 'when the Holy spirit comes upon you...'. whom you are witnessing thus tells who has come upon you. Note that, the holy spirit only testifies of one being, Christ Jesus. If the spirit upon you is not testifying of Christ Jesus, then he is not the Holy spirit. If the spirit upon you is testifying about another being other than Jesus Christ, then it is obvious who is upon you (We all know him, I won't mention his name to glorify him).

The Holy spirit is the spirit of Jesus Christ. It is Jesus who sent the holy spirit to testify of him,

John 15:26
"When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me. It is the Lord Jesus Christ who sends the Holy Spirit, in another verse , Jesus says the Father will send, Jesus Christ is the father (John 10:30; John 14:8-12) see
:

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you (John 14:26)

Warning to all those who belittle the Lord Jesus and say what they don't know and understand. Warning to all those who corrupt the the word of God to suit their demonic doctrines. Warning to those who do not glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. Even the Holy Spirit glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ:

"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come[b]. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you ([/b]John 16:13-14).

Warning to those who say Jesus is one of God's angels (Angel Michael), just one of the prophets, just a man etc; repent and accept the Lord Jesus today. Which of God's angels can send the spirit of God? Which prophet does the spirit of God takes from to disclose? If you are being true to yourself, you will acknowledge and declare the falsehood in the demonic teaching that, Jesus Christ is archangel Michael or just a prophet. Jesus Christ is God Almighty ( John 1:1; Colossians 1:16; John 20:28; Isaiah 9:6, Colossians 2:9, Phillipians 2:10, 1 John 5:20 etc)

The Holy spirit declares the Lord Jesus and none else. He glorifies Jesus. He speaks what Jesus tells him. So who is your own 'holy? Spirit' glorifying? declaring? and testifying? If it is not Jesus, then I am sorry, you have been spiritually scammed. You have been shortchanged. You are in sin. Repent!

Back to our main verse Act 1:8,

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” , kindly note that, Jesus said you will as well receive power when you receive the holy spirit. Thus, If you haven't received power, then you haven't received the Holy spirit yet. There are many that proclaim 'Jesus' but have not received the spirit of Jesus yet; so what is the barometer? Power! No wonder the Lord himself said, not all that say Lord Lord will enter the kingdom. Many antichrists today also proclaim Jesus just as many Christian wannabes who are still comfortable in their sins. Of course, there are many Jesuses but the true Jesus is an epitome of POWER (Acts 1:cool. But what power? Great question; power to preach the good news, praise and worship Jesus, heal the sick, raise the dead, dream dreams and see visions and keep the word of God.

If you truly have received the Holy spirit, you cannot continue sinning (1 John 3:9).

. If you have truly received the true Jesus, you will bear the fruit of the spirit: Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Don't be deceived by the mere mention of Jesus. The true Jesus manifests Power.

John 3 verses 14–15 reads:
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. Eternal life is in Christ Jesus, and He gives this eternal life to those that believe in him.

Witness the only true God (1 John 5:20), Jesus Christ.
Re: Whom Are You Witnessing? by bingbagbo(m): 4:55am On Sep 01, 2019
1 John 4:2-3

By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Acts 5:32

"And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."

1 Corinthians 12:3

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

John 1:32-34
John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. "I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, 'He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.' "I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God."

Matthew 3:16
After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,

Mark 1:10
Immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him;

Luke 3:22
and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

John 15:26
"When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,

John 14:26
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

John 16:13-14
"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

1 John 5:6
This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

1 John 3:24
The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us

1 John 4:13
By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

1 John 5:7-10
For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.

Hebrews 10:14-17
For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying, "THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART, AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,"

Romans 8:15-16
For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

Galatians 4:6
Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"
Re: Whom Are You Witnessing? by Preciousgirl(f): 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2019
Amen
Re: Whom Are You Witnessing? by bingbagbo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
Preciousgirl:
Amen

Halleluyah

(1) (Reply)

Signs The Enemy Is After You! / That Set Back Is Only A Stepping Back For A Higher Jump. Don't Stay Down. / Why We Rescued Over 100 Young Girls From Prostitution’ - Pastor Folu Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.