Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

The Origins Of The Jihadist Hate Of Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Origins Of The Jihadist Hate Of Wike (485 Views)

Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / Busty Slay Queen Supporter Of Wike That Got People Talking- Photo / Photo Of Wike And Secondus 'Looking Angry' After PDP Convention Produced Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Origins Of The Jihadist Hate Of Wike by APCHaram: 11:53am On Sep 01, 2019
For daring to tell Benue people to defend themselves from the murderous caliphate jihadist army.

Gov Wike urges Benue people to defend themselves against bloodthirsty herdsmen

Governor Nyesom Wike has added his voice to the call on Benue people to defend themselves against attacks by bloodthirsty herdsmen to stop the unending killings in the state.
The Governor who spoke yesterday when he led a high-powered delegation to commiserate with the people and government of Benue state over the new year day killings in Guma and Logo local government areas that claimed over 70 lives decried the level of killings in the state.
Wike who also visited the graveside of the slain persons also made a donation of N200m to assist the government cater for the needs of the displaced and affected persons. According to him “We came to commiserate with the government and people if Benue state because when you have a brother who has problems you must identify with him. “This has nothing to do with party, we are talking about problems that affect Nigeria and us as human beings. ‘The South South and the Middle Belt share one thing in common. Benue is part of the Middle Belt and Rivers is part of the South South and we are known as minorities, but by the special grace of God we are not minorities. “Anybody who has in the last few weeks listened to the electronic media or read the newspapers must urgently come and identity with the people of Benue state even if you hate them. “You must recognise the fact that they have lost lives and you have no choice but to commensurate with them because we cherish live and know what it means to lose loved ones not to talk of when they did not commit any offence. People who were either sleeping or doing one thing or the other to help themselves were killed like cows and ordinary animals. “We just visited the graveside and it is quite touchy, you should take heart God will fight for you. But let me say that God fighting for you does not mean that you will not defend yourself. The problem we Christians have is that we like to misinterpret the Bible. Which says that when you are slapped you will turn the other chick. “Assuming that you don’t have the other chick to turn to. God will only fight for you when you are ready to fight for yourself. “I was shouting this from the onset. I shouted that they were after me and nobody believed. Now they are going everywhere. At this time you must stay and identify with your people. Don’t stay away from your people because they will be your foot soldiers. They will be your police. This is the time to look inward knowing that you have no other but Benue people. “For us we should know that what affects a state affect others. This is the time for us leaders to put our heads together to fight this crime. “There is no way anybody can justify the unnecessary loss of one life not to talk of many lives. Whether the Governor is doing right or wrong that is not enough justification for the killings. “Moreover the Governor has not done anything wrong. So the people of Benue state must rally round the Governor because he needs you now. “Though we are not of the same party so I am not here to condemn the APC as a party, no. But they know that I know that they are not doing well. “I am here to say what happened to you has affected me. They were killing my people before and I cried for help and they say I was playing politics. Now see deaths everywhere, nobody is free again. “People don’t seem to know the level of the magnitude of injury inflicted on the people of Benue. 73 persons at a go, leaving orphans and widows behind. “The country must sit down and proffer solutions of how this menace must be tackled. “We must not engage in blame game but sit down and accept that we have failed and something must be done. If we don’t do that, it means that we are not serious. “Though the unfortunate incident has happened, we must not take the laws into our hands, but that does not mean that if you see an armed robber coming to your house you should run. You must defend yourself when you see an armed robber coming. That is not taking laws into your hand. “If someone knocks on your door at 2am do you kneel down and ask God to help you?. It is my house, so I will ensure that I prepare myself. “Today people have been rendered homeless with unnecessary IDPs everywhere. We are supporting you with N200million to help the government buy drugs, food and other essential items for the affected people. Though I must acknowledge that this support will not bring back the lives of those killed or property destroyed but it will assist in a little way to lessen the burden of the government. I know what your government is passing through. “I know Governor Ortom is a man of peace, I’m also a man of peace but be peaceful and watchful as well. We must keep our eyes open. “Even this our visit today may create problems for you. That is the problem we are having in Nigeria, everything is politics. You cannot go and symphysis with a colleague. I’m sorry if I have created any problems for you by my visit. I did not bring problems but assuming they say I brought problems, I’m sorry.” Reacting on the comments by the Police Force Public Relations Officer who referred to Governor Ortom as a drowning man, Governor Wike said “first of all I must condemn that particular attack, I don’t see how a Governor would be referred to as a drowning man. I’m expecting the Governor’s Forum to react to that statement by the Force Public Relations Officer. “It is very unfortunate that an elected Governor would be described to be drowning. It’s very unfortunate, and it is only in this type of our democracy that you will hear that kind of statement. “I expect that the chairman of the Governor’s Forum to call an emergency meeting and the issue will be discussed. The problem I have is that when we see issue that affects the nation we start playing party politics. “This issue goes beyond party politics, it doesn’t matter if the Governor is PDP or APC. Once you get into office you are no longer talking of the person but the office. “All of us are Governors and if you say today it is Benue Governor and nothing is done, Tomorrow it may be Zamfara Governor. So let’s not play politics but come out to speak out on issues that affect this nation. “You know that I have had issues in my state as well with security agencies and people know my position. And I have always said that once something affect one state don’t look at it as being a PDP or APC state. “Today this is a Governor of the APC and because it has happened to him and no body wants to speak out. But for me what you see affecting Benue today has affected me before and if nothing is done it will affect other states and the governors will not be united when people come with one thing or the other to divide the forum. “I’ve told them that they have the tendency of dividing us. Let’s speak with one voice and tell Mr. President that what we see going on in this country is not acceptable. “Of course you know everybody will want to be the favorite child of the President. But for me I will always speak the truth because of God and because my salvation will not come from man. ” On his part, Governor Samuel Ortom who lauded his Rivers State counterpart for the visit and cash donation lamented the the state was still under the siege of herdsmen who were occupying parts of the state. He stated that we would not relent to encourage the people to adopt every lawful means to defend themselves from the invaders insisting further that the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore should be arrested for allegedly masterminding the killings. “Today they have taken over part of our land and converted our farm produce as feeds for their cow, that is the position we have found ourselves.” Ortom added. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/gov-wike-urges-benue-people-defend-bloodthirsty-herdsmen/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origins Of The Jihadist Hate Of Wike by Pentasoft1978: 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2019
if these blood sucking and flesh eating Islamic Muslim Jihadist are made to understand that burning one church in the north will result in the demolition of 2 mosques in the east or south they will stop all these nonsense, no man has monopoly of wickedness. if you can kill, another man can kill. is just that Christianity has suppressed the wicked human nature in Christians .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origins Of The Jihadist Hate Of Wike by saaron(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
The enemies of peace in Nigeria are the disciples of dan fodio. In fact, every act of terror and sponsorship of terrorists leading to mass destruction of lives and property in Nigeria is from the them - rulers of the caliphate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origins Of The Jihadist Hate Of Wike by APCHaram: 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2019
Pentasoft1978:
if these blood sucking and flesh eating Islamic Muslim Jihadist are made to understand that burning one church in the north will result in the demolition of 2 mosques in the east or south they will stop all these nonsense, no man has monopoly of wickedness. if you can kill, another man can kill. is just that Christianity has suppressed the wicked human nature in Christians .

That won't work.

Their mosques are of no value to them.

I know of a case where a muslim went to defecate in front of the hostel mosque so as to justify going on rampage on campus. The Muslim student who defecated by the entrance of the mosque did not know that a muslim security guard had caught him and when this same Muslim student raised the alarm early in the morning the next day that someone had defecated by the mosque, the Muslim security guard who was present during the morning prayers descended on him and beat the sh!t out of him.

These Muslims do not revere their mosques or Koran. How many times have you heard them killing some unfortunate Christian for desecrating their Koran? They have no problem destroying their Koran themselves claiming the Christian did it.

Even their holy mosque in Mecca has been destroyed severally by their own competing jihadists over control of the mosque.

Their mosques are jus there to be used to forment mischief.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Origins Of The Jihadist Hate Of Wike by Eteka1(m): 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2019
This OP is on overdrive, creating numerous bigoted and divisive threads today. You obviously have a lot of time.

1 Like

Re: The Origins Of The Jihadist Hate Of Wike by Annie939(f): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2019
wike na hard meat very hard to chew

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Nigerian Embassy In South Africa Break Silence, Tells Victims What.. / Presidency Explains Why Buhari Is Always Slow To Social Media Rage / I Stand To Gain Nothing Denying Obaseki Second Term – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.