Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:17 PM

White Man In Town (chapter Twenty Two) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / White Man In Town (chapter Twenty Two) (280 Views)

The Suave Man In Lagos Drives A Range Rover But Is Penniless- Chimamanda Adichie / White Man In Town / The Woman Caught Breastfeeding Man In Prison. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

White Man In Town (chapter Twenty Two) by DODO005: 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Ken Solomon who was just about to board his chartered Green Cab also sighted the captivating drama. What actually attracted his keen interest at first were the flamboyant entourage, and the appealing shape of the woman among them. The attractive designer dress worn by Lizzy, alias Franca was eye catching to any sensitive eye around. KS had paused halfway into the cab parked few distance from the entourage’s cars. He stood puzzled at first as the shabby looking Chambers sneaked out from his hiding and confronted the group as they made their way towards the car park. His curiosity further made him to stare curiously at the drama as one of the guys in expensive blue brocade suddenly paused in their grandiose trail and to the surprised of all around hugged the shabby looking guy happily in a lost- but -found embrace. KS curiosity became more aroused when the shabby guy suddenly turned around and gyrated excitedly after what appeared to be a tip from the guy in blue brocade.

His cab driver a young guy in his early thirties on jeans and an African print shirt who had also been watching the drama suddenly grinned up at him.

“The guy don hammer.” He told the puzzled looking KS, and opened the back door for him.

“Hammer, what is that?? Who is the guy?” KS asked taking the front seat with a polite declined of the back seat.

“ Hammer money. I never saw him before. May be one of Chamber’s rich suckers” The driver replied in perfect English, and took the driver seat.

“So you advice I stay clear away from Chambers?” KS asked his eyes still glue to the drama.

He watched as the entourage continued towards their cars, noted the happy look on the faces of the porters after their tips, and equally watched with keen interest as the flambouyant group finally entered their cars and drove out of the Nicon in a grand style, led by the guy in blue brocade, who appears to be the leader of the glitzy departing guests.

The cab driver stared quizzically at him and then grin. “It depends on what you want. Everybody has his value. Just like Chambers.” He told him his eyes staring straight ahead of him.

“So who is he? I mean what’s going on?’’ KS enquired after digesting his remarks.

“ That is Chambers for you. May be he has just hit another of his jackpots” The driver stated grinning.

“ What about the other guys , I mean the flamboyant looking guests? KS asked, his eyes never leaving Chambers who was still gyrating happily around, occasionally raising his two hands into heaven in prayers.

“I don’t know the others. But Chambers is a popular figure here. He is known as a man who goes after the rich and their purse, including having the knowledge of the good, the bad and the ugly around here. He is also known as a drunk, but has the single reputation of being the only man with wide eyes and ears around and within the Mercury. But, I will advise you to stay away from him unless if you have some ready cash to sacrifice for a good meal and some bottle of beers.’’ The Driver who gave his name as Segun advised him and burst into laugh.

“ Oyinbo, where do we go from here?” He finally asked seriously. “ Time no wait for no man.” He added with a grin, and then slotted in a disk and an old tune ‘ Taxi Driver’ by Bobby Benson, filtered from the car. He smiled and glanced at KS from his rear view and then concentrated on the road, and nodded his head to the old tune from his car stereo.

“ Yes, My friend, time wait for nobody. Alright, time for business,” KS responded and glanced at his watch. “Take me to the NCC.”
He told the driver, and relaxed back on his seat amidst the popular old Nigerian tune his mind absolved with his next move, among many moves he planned to unleash along the turbulent search for his faceless fraudsters.

www.okadabooks.com
www.amazon.com

(1) (Reply)

Turabian Citation Style / World Trade Conference / Suicide Is Never An Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.