Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

How To Manage People? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Manage People? (3336 Views)

Sanusi Incompetent To Manage CBN? / Should I Sell This Truck Or Give It To Company To Manage It For Monthly Return? / How To Manage Your Transport Busses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Manage People? by gmcln(m): 7:42pm On May 20, 2007
Can a company be run as Democracy?
(from the World street journal)

http://www.startupjournal.com/howto/management/20070424-badal.html
Re: How To Manage People? by onetwo: 8:47pm On May 20, 2007
First step is to let go of any feelings of greed. Aim to pay generously, then be brutally selective as you hone in on your man (or woman).

There is no secret to extracting maximum productivity. The employee is there to make money; pay him well and management will be much easier. He will be willing to do much more to protect a high paying position than a comparatively lower paying one. Common sense.

A "cheap" employee will almost certqinly cost you more in the long run.
Re: How To Manage People? by cammax7(m): 9:27am On May 21, 2007
In managing people, these are the basics- Communicate, Set Priorities, Coach and Empower, Delegate, Supervise, and Appraise.
Re: How To Manage People? by Everbright(f): 10:27am On May 21, 2007
wonders shall never cease lipsrsealed
Re: How To Manage People? by cream2(m): 11:14am On May 21, 2007
gmcln:

Can a company be run as Democracy?
(from the World street journal)

http://www.startupjournal.com/howto/management/20070424-badal.html

Hell NO, I tried that and it fell flat on its face. NOW its a dictatorship and I'm the dictator grin

People naturally need to be led and I experimented believing there would be benefits but all that came out of it was constant bickering and fighting.
Re: How To Manage People? by Ijay07: 2:29pm On May 21, 2007
@ Seun
Haba!!!!
A little faith in some of us (naigerians) might help ooo.
If you start out with the notion that you may get TERRIBLE people as employees, guess what? You may just end up with the lot of 'no-gooders'.
I am a recruiter for a consulting firm, and though i agree (to some extent) that some employees can be a pain in the neck, i also know that there is a high chance for you to get committed and well motivated employees too. Gotta get back to work now.
I'll keep you posted
Cheers
Re: How To Manage People? by 8oracle(m): 3:00pm On May 21, 2007
Read My Posted Article "Seven Types Of Manager That Can Kill Your Business" examine your self in the light of that article.

You can read more on human management at www.smallbusiness.com
Re: How To Manage People? by Nestle(f): 4:55pm On May 23, 2007
Hi , in other for you to manage people, you should be able to tolerate any circumstances that you find yourself example ,the first day you marry a lady as a wife, that same day you should be ready to take any unusual habit from her.You should always be positive at all time always have the people in mind for good try to use their wrong doing to bring out positive changes to their life do not put a bony face always be free at all time welcome any idea from them and take them important thanks prince
Re: How To Manage People? by Seun(m): 8:22pm On May 23, 2007
Hell NO, I tried that and it fell flat on its face. NOW its a dictatorship and I'm the dictator
Hehe. I won't even try such. It's either you are working for me or I am working for you. No middle ground!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Good Business For A Married Woman? / ATM Video Footage And Theft / How I Intend To Grow My N100 To N1,000,000 In Less Than 30days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.