Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Where Lies The Attention Of Today's Youth - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Lies The Attention Of Today's Youth (175 Views)

Custom Stickers To Attract The Attention Of Visitors To Trade Fairs / Understand Why Rear Window Repairs In Cranbourne Needs The Attention Of Experts / 5 Greatest Lies In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Lies The Attention Of Today's Youth by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2019
Excerpts of the sage saying by the man ranked as number one in the book "THE 100: A RANKING OF MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY" in 1978 states "making use of of youth age before old age" which is amongst the five things he mentioned. Check “FIVE THINGS WE SHOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF” by Balogun Idowu Ismaheel https://link.medium.com/WOAJ16B3NY” For my article about it. This does not only reiterate but shows the importance of the age group in life.

At this point in our lives, there is enough energy, vigour, spirit and ability to make things happen when they team up towards achieving a feat or common goal. We need to realise that the different youths we've had over time following their experience and generation through which they had grown differed greatly. From the bloomers  to generation X, generation Y or millennials and generation Z which which all have their year brackets that differs slightly from one author to another. For instance the generation Z year bracket is from 1995 - 2015.

However the focus of this write up is to talk more on the later generations (the millennials and generation Z. Both generations started experiencing technological advancement and of course more landmarked on the later generation than the former. This makes them have access to alot of this advancement as they grow old and for some, even in childhood. Without forgetting the root topic, which is about what has overtaken today's youth attention. These are things a lot of us are aware of today since the elderly complain about today's youth including the youth.  However I'll mention a few of them in no particular order:

SOCIAL MEDIA: in today's world with rising number of social networking, used by people of various walks of life. Some waste a reasonable time of theirs on it without narrowing its usage to what is relevant and necessary. Of course, this space could be where to have fun at times but shouldn't be a deception to our reality like many have opted for. A different social identity from their real personality, fake and obsessed living and the likes. Not forgetting some people's job deals with frequently visiting most of all these spaces and now that's purposeful!

LUST TOWARDS OPPOSITE GENDER: attraction toward the opposite gender is a natural endowment and qualifies that the creator has out amongst us this natural instinct of attraction. However, as sumptuous as honey may taste it is not the same feeling for a bee stings that produces them. This infer that as much as this attraction is something lovely, ignoring the regulation by the creator that differentiates us from animals guarding our morality, chastity amongst others rather than so many baby mamas or dads, guys going into relationships just because they want to sample the females and vice Versa in some instances. In fact, I'll say lust have made this generation lost! Now if you think this seems quite religiously driven, ask your parents or guidians of the generation X or bloomers on same matter.

ENTERTAINMENT: this in itself is not a bad thing but alot of today’s youth are already more buried into the abyss of today’s entertainment world. Sport, music, movies, parties even betting and many more. Well for some of them I am personally off on stage with, while if others are done with regulatory mechanisms it won’t be a bad idea. Largely because some of this entertainment is living proof accruing in lots of money, number of young people are building their prospects largely therein. And of course, everyone wants to make money including myself, but we’ve got to spread our wings and do alot of other things that will be contributory to the society. Amongst these is the popular sport betting that as taken over like a wildfire. A lot of young people have prepared to engage in this every now and then than rather doing something that is worthwhile. Of course there are gains but a book without crookedness as revealed therein states that there lies more than harm than the benefits that maybe received.

These are just to mention a few of things that have magnetised the youth attention of today. I hope we this heat a nail in the head. Until next time

https://balogunidowu./2019/09/02/where-lies-the-attention-of-todays-youth/

Balogun Idowu ismaheel
indigenousGenius
400L, medical student, LASU

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Henry Ford? / Chei! I Have Learnt Miy Lesson From This / Watch As 300 Level Student Drowns During A Picnic (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.