Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell (4232 Views)

Fubara Plotting Interim Order To Declare Rivers Assembly Illegal – APC / Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge / Wike’s Claims Of FG’s Plot To Plant Guns In Rivers A ‘blatant Falsehood’ – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by DonXavi(m): 8:36am On Sep 03, 2019
The Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike has responded the former governor of Kano state, Ibrahim Shekarau over his comments on the alleged demolition of the Rainbow Town mosque in Trans-Amadi area of Port Harcourt, the state capital.

In the statement signed by Shekarau, the former Kano State governor was much more perturbed by the declaration of Rivers State as a complete Christian state by Wike.

Governor Wike, in his reaction, noted that as a governor of Kano State, Shekarau introduced Sharia law and officially made the state a Muslim State. This action, according to Wike, was premised on the fact that over 95 per cent of Kano people are Muslims, adding that the former President, Olusegun Obasanjo did not stop him neither did Nigerians question his decision.

Speaking through his Aide on electronics media, Simeone Nwakaudu in an article, Governor Wike recalled, “In 2008, Kano State Government under the leadership of Ibrahim Shekarau demolished Christ the King Catholic Church.

“The Kano State Urban Planning Development Agency (KANUPDA) demolished the Church because the Church lacked Certificate of Occupancy. Shekarau’s Administration said the structure of the church at Na’ibawa in Kumbotso local government was removed, after serving them a notice, advising them to prove its legitimacy or removed the church.

“In November 2003, Shekarau sworn-in Hisbah, Zakkat, Sharia Commission Members to consolidate his declaration that Kano is a Muslim State. The establishments’ members were sworn-in at Sani Abacha Stadium after a bill was passed into law by the State House of Assembly for the creation of the establishments. These were agencies of Kano State that promoted one religion to the detriment of others,” the article read in part.

He went further to recall that Shekarau compelled all Christian girls in his State to wear Hijab. “Those who refused to wear hijab under the leadership of Shekarau were asked to withdraw and leave Kano State. He burnt books believed not to promote the Islamic religion”.

Wike further stressed that his declaration that Rivers is a Christian State is a statement of fact, adding that well over 98 per cent of the indigenous population are Christians. He promised to continue to promote religious freedom and tolerance in the state.

https://www.masterreporters.com/2019/09/you-declared-kano-sharia-state-i.html?fbclid=IwAR3xdSA1JooYFhAb5i-cB7DpaIuUDPn6CNmbM5Jt3tYGqCilvy8iSFQgEgE

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by DrNueLpureHoney: 8:39am On Sep 03, 2019
There is fire on the mountain and no one seems to be running sad

3 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2019
Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo are aslo Christian states.

I wonder what the Governors of those states are doing? Still waiting for Abuja's permission I suppose?

16 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by ollysaks: 8:45am On Sep 03, 2019
If you know Nyesom Eze Wike,

He, is no pushover. Im mind na gidi gba

10 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Charleys: 8:47am On Sep 03, 2019
Bloggers don dey use this news dey trend.

I blame DailyTrust for this FakeNews

1 Like

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by aolawale025: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2019
Shekarau should not have poke nose into rivers affairs

1 Like

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by daroz(m): 9:04am On Sep 03, 2019
DonXavi:
The Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike has responded the former governor of Kano state, Ibrahim Shekarau over his comments on the alleged demolition of the Rainbow Town mosque in Trans-Amadi area of Port Harcourt, the state capital.

In the statement signed by Shekarau, the former Kano State governor was much more perturbed by the declaration of Rivers State as a complete Christian state by Wike.

Governor Wike, in his reaction, noted that as a governor of Kano State, Shekarau introduced Sharia law and officially made the state a Muslim State. This action, according to Wike, was premised on the fact that over 95 per cent of Kano people are Muslims, adding that the former President, Olusegun Obasanjo did not stop him neither did Nigerians question his decision.

Speaking through his Aide on electronics media, Simeone Nwakaudu in an article, Governor Wike recalled, “In 2008, Kano State Government under the leadership of Ibrahim Shekarau demolished Christ the King Catholic Church.

“The Kano State Urban Planning Development Agency (KANUPDA) demolished the Church because the Church lacked Certificate of Occupancy. Shekarau’s Administration said the structure of the church at Na’ibawa in Kumbotso local government was removed, after serving them a notice, advising them to prove its legitimacy or removed the church.

“In November 2003, Shekarau sworn-in Hisbah, Zakkat, Sharia Commission Members to consolidate his declaration that Kano is a Muslim State. The establishments’ members were sworn-in at Sani Abacha Stadium after a bill was passed into law by the State House of Assembly for the creation of the establishments. These were agencies of Kano State that promoted one religion to the detriment of others,” the article read in part.

He went further to recall that Shekarau compelled all Christian girls in his State to wear Hijab. “Those who refused to wear hijab under the leadership of Shekarau were asked to withdraw and leave Kano State. He burnt books believed not to promote the Islamic religion”.

Wike further stressed that his declaration that Rivers is a Christian State is a statement of fact, adding that well over 98 per cent of the indigenous population are Christians. He promised to continue to promote religious freedom and tolerance in the state.

https://www.masterreporters.com/2019/09/you-declared-kano-sharia-state-i.html?fbclid=IwAR3xdSA1JooYFhAb5i-cB7DpaIuUDPn6CNmbM5Jt3tYGqCilvy8iSFQgEgE
Muslims are the worst Hippocrates on earth.
I 100% stand with Wike on this .

11 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 03, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:

I wonder what the Governors of those states are doing? Still waiting for Abuja's permission I suppose?

What about Lagos, Osun, Ogun, Kwara, Oyo, are these Christian states too?
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by CyynthiaKiss(f): 9:07am On Sep 03, 2019
Northern Muslims declared almost 12 Nothern states Sharia state which resulted to demolition of many churches, heaven didn't fall, but here they are preaching to have what they can't give others while being supported by their slave in SW they see as sub human that can't sight the moon ..

I blame SE and SS governors for not following Wike's footsteps ..

If Sharia law and demolition of churches could be OK for amajiris what's stopping Christian geo political zone SE and SS to replicate that in a Christian way?

Sharing the same country with these people is an abomination.

6 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by jlinkd78(m): 9:08am On Sep 03, 2019
Following
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Enwhen(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2019
aolawale025:
Shekarau should not have poke nose into rivers affairs

He should be the last, because of his antecedent.

In almost all the states in Northwest and some in Northeast NO LAND USE OCCUPANCY IS GIVEN TO CHURCHES and that is very bad, if not for the southwest Muslims , with what we see in the world today, I would CONCLUDED THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS

3 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Homeboiy: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2019
Tell them
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by helinues: 9:28am On Sep 03, 2019
Fake news
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2019
kenwhawha:

those ones are confused states

6 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2019
After Fayose, Governor Wike is the only governor in the South with brass balls. I like bold and fearless people. My governor Ugwuanyi issa watermelon.

3 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by backnbeta(f): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2019
Good
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Rochas2023: 9:49am On Sep 03, 2019
GODPUNISHALABI:
those ones are confused states
lol

2 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by kufre2010: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2019
GOD PUNISH ALL BOKO, GOD PUNISH ANY OF THEIR SOUTHERN COLLABORATORS, DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY LETS GO OUR SEPERATE WAYS. SOUTHERNERS ARE NOT SLAVE IN NIGERIA, WHY WILL THESE BOKO FEEL THEY CANDO ANYTHING AND SAY ANYTHING THEY LIKE TO SOUTHERNERS BUT SOUTHERNERS SHOULD NOT DO SAME

2 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by kufre2010: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2019
AKWA IBOM STATE IS A CHRISTIAN STATE 100% DESTROY AND PULL DOWN ANY BOKO ENGLAVE OR VOILENCE PLANNING HOUSE U SEE IN AKWA IBOM

1 Like

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by madenigga(m): 10:17am On Sep 03, 2019
Wike is even being patient, imagine the rubbish;

"He went further to recall that Shekarau compelled all Christian girls in his State to wear Hijab. “Those who refused to wear hijab under the leadership of Shekarau were asked to withdraw and leave Kano State. He burnt books believed not to promote the Islamic religion”.

if this mumu them no take time Wike should even cement the christain state status by banning hijab in the state.

1 Like

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Chukwudozzie(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2019
Nice one Gov. Wike, the hypocrisy of the muslims is so appalling.
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by itsme01: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2019
grin

Chenedu and chuckudi don't want fulani and muslim in there place, they don't sell land to foreigners and insult other tribe all day on the internet

But when Ghanians and SouthAfricans reject them, they start crying

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by omoharry(f): 10:56am On Sep 03, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Chenedu and chuckudi don't want fulani and muslim in there place, they don't sell land to foreigners and insult other tribe all day on the internet

Who wants to sell land to Fulanis' when we know their antecedent.They keep quiet when the evil ones among them becomes hostile to their host.They rape,maim,kill and destroy as they go about their cattle grazing. Who would want such people around them? They produce children like flies more than they can cater for, then before you know it they allow their kins men from northern Nigeria , Niger and chad to come join them and suddenly the whole community is populated with their kind.

The next thing they will do is appoint an emir for that community..Na so trouble go start..ask Jos plateau and other middle belt region how it all started. Jos use to be a tourist attraction for Nigerians back then, but it is now a hot bed for crisis.

We dont want them around us..all other southerners and middle beltans are welcome but not trouble makers like the Hausa/Fulanis. They have enough land in the north to graze their cattle, what are they looking for in the south..if not to cause trouble with their arrogance.

5 Likes

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Nigerfine2: 11:29am On Sep 03, 2019
kenwhawha:

Oga answer yourself.the states mentioned are over 95percent Christian's. You are bringing other places that jihad touched.
You guys should be fair for once, you declare Sharia for ages another declare what they believe una dey twist am

1 Like

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Nigerfine2: 11:34am On Sep 03, 2019
kufre2010:
GOD PUNISH ALL BOKO, GOD PUNISH ANY OF THEIR SOUTHERN COLLABORATORS, DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY LETS GO OUR SEPERATE WAYS. SOUTHERNERS ARE NOT SLAVE IN NIGERIA, WHY WILL THESE BOKO FEEL THEY CANDO ANYTHING AND SAY ANYTHING THEY LIKE TO SOUTHERNERS BUT SOUTHERNERS SHOULD NOT DO SAME
Any time you talk about be River State, hausas go de panic.
If rivers say they are independent country today war will break to make them remain and be milked appropriately for the children of the north.
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by chiedozie198100: 11:44am On Sep 03, 2019
kenwhawha:

why dont u go and ask them?

1 Like

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by MetaPhysical: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:

You are the only region that is wholly christian. If not that you are cowards such decisive leadership should have begun with you, a majority.

Wike responded well!
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by OdumegwuOjukwu: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2019
kenwhawha:

Search me!
Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by OdumegwuOjukwu: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You are the only region that is wholly christian. If not that you are cowards such decisive leadership should have begun with you, a majority.

Wike responded well!

As for you, anything you'll do/say to ensure a perpertual wedge between East and North is cool by you.

I can smell your motive from a million miles.

Typical Sophiscated M!

1 Like

Re: You Declared Kano A Sharia State, I Declare Rivers A Christian State - Wike Tell by Astark: 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2019
I wish obaseki can change Edo state name to Christian state of Nigeria and destroy those mosque there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xenophobia - IPOB Are Retaliating In South Africa. / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri / Firm To Invest $1.5bn In Enugu Coal Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.