Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? (370 Views)

"Welcome To South Africa Where You Can Do This To A Woman And Get A R500 Bail" / Top 5 Mass Murders In Nigerian History (Gore ) / Mgbaringba, Thug Arrested Over Series Of Murders In Anambra State. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? by ShenTeh(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2019
But maybe I am asking for too much: where is our government!?

About a week today, some citizens of South Africa took to the streets of South Africa looting businesses burning properties and murdering Nigerians in the open and on camera.

While this aggravated development is not the first of its kind in that last decade, the current one was ignited following the purported killing of a South African taxi driver by a presumed Nigerian.

There have been allegations of SA government's connivance in this large scale break down of law and order as pictures wash social media platforms of SA security agencies supervising these heinous rimes against non-South Africans, especially Nigerians.

Without necessarily getting emotional with the tales of Nigeria's historic helping hands to South Africa in her budding days, it should be noted that Nigeria's foreign policy has always seen Africa as a team than a competition. A bid that has cost the country billions of currencies and human resources.

Today, this is costing us our lives as criminal miscreants in South Africa have taken to clubs and cudgels and other dangerous weapons to send us 'home' to the great beyond accompanied by their looting and plundering spree.

It is a sad time to be a Nigerian. Home or abroad.

There is a stereotype caused by our own criminal few who have helped label ALL Nigerians unprintable names. While this is absolutely no excuse for the criminal South Africans murdering of sundry Nigerians in broad daylight, it should be noted that crime is a global menace and no country has a monopoly of criminals. It should be noted that the legal system should be empowered to take its course in the course of these events.

While one of South Africa's parliamentarians, Hon Malema- possibly South Africa's contemporary biggest political export has openly condemned the attacks, we are yet to find our own government's voice, let talk of an action plan.

With videos of Nigerians running for their dear lives on various social media platforms and the marauding South Africans sniffing them out and murdering them, it is high time the Nigerian government proved critics of her slow motion mode wrong by showing some balls.

Our people are trapped and need help SInce the SA government has not been able to guarantee and provide the safety of lives and property, it is only reasonable that our government comes through for our people

Where is our voice?.
Re: The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? by eyeview: 8:41am On Sep 03, 2019
President Abba Kyari has not said anything on the killings. There is no money to be made in it

1 Like

Re: The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? by nrexzy: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2019
They are in Nigeria..... Where r u?
Re: The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? by obembet(f): 9:02am On Sep 03, 2019
eyeview:
President Abba Kyari has not said anything on the killings. There is no money to be made in it

So you know the real president
Re: The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? by Josnac(m): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2019
smiley
The Nigerian government dey here and they're busy trying to prove the legitimacy of the fraud and shambolic electoral processes that brought them into power.
Re: The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? by vertueptime: 9:22am On Sep 03, 2019
Enjoy the next level.....una neva see anything yet
Re: The Murders In South Africa: Where Is The Nigerian Government? by ShenTeh(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
There's so much that can be done by the government. Someone said elsewhere:

emkz:
If I am Buhari, I will cancel the meeting with the SA president. I will send my minister of foreign affairs and initiate a process of relocating Nigerians from there. Thereafter, I will withdraw the operating license of MTN, Shoprite and DSTv for a week. I will ban SA Airlines from flying our airspace or landing in any of our airports. By the time South African companies keep groaning under the weight of the might of the FG, they'd be forced to negotiate. Thereafter, we would ask them to pay compensations in full to the businesses their misanthropes destroyed. Then, they must take responsibilities for the security of Nigerians more seriously. Trust Abacha to carry out these measures and they'd come and beg him. Buhari, I wish you realize how much power you have!

Failure to do so, those companies would lose their biggest market worldwide. No sensible government would allow that.

(1) (Reply)

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / Policeman Assaults Tricycle Rider For Wrongful Parking (photos) / How FRSC Corps Marshall Forced Officers To Open Salary Account With His MFB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.