Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

A Checklist For Optimizing Your Website In Google Maps - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Checklist For Optimizing Your Website In Google Maps (619 Views)

Optimizing Your Website For Online Business Success (part 2) / Tips For Optimizing A Blog For Search Engines Web Visitors / A Checklist Against Cybercrime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Checklist For Optimizing Your Website In Google Maps by todhost(m): 2:08am On Sep 04, 2019
Google Maps is one platform for optimizing your business locally. Optimizing for local searches has been found to be very effective in gaining new inquiries and sales. In fact, according to report by Search Engine Watch, “there is a 20.1% increase in clicks to call, clicks for directions, and clicks to a business’s website” with Google My Business (GMB) interactions when comparing stats from 2017 and 2018. This is quite huge and should not be taken lightly! But in order to generate these clicks, your website’s GMB profile needs to be visible to interested searchers.

To give your business the highest probability of showing up in Google Maps for searches relevant to your business, we have provided a checklist below of GMB optimizations to help you achieve this.

1. Create or claim your Google My Business profile

The first thing you need to do is actually create your Google My Business profile.

Follow these steps to set up your Google My Business Listing

Step 1: Log into the Google Account you want associated with your business (or create a Google Account if you don’t already have one).
Step 2: Go to google.com/business and select “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
Step 3: Enter your business name.
Step 4: Enter your business address.
Step 5: If you go to your customers’ locations, rather than having them come to you, check the box “I deliver goods and services to my customers.” And if you work out of your house or another address you don’t want publicly shown, Check “Hide my address (it's not a store) Only show region.” Finally, select your Delivery area.
Step 6: Choose your business category. Try to choose the most accurate category possible -- you’re essentially telling Google which type of customers should see your business listing.
Step 7: Add your business phone number or website.
Step 8: Choose a verification option. If you’re not ready to verify your business yet, click “Try a different method” → “Later.”

How to Verify Your Business on Google

There are several ways to verify your GMB listing:

By postcard
By phone
By email
Instant verification
Bulk verification

Postcard Verification

Step 1: If you aren't already logged into Google My Business, sign in now and choose the business you want to verify. (If you're already logged in, you'll be at the verification step.)
Step 2: Make sure your business address is correct. Optional: Add a contact name -- that's who the postcard will be addressed to.
Step 3: Click "Mail." The postcard should reach you in five days -- make sure you don't edit your business name, address, or category (or request a new code) before it comes, because this could delay the process.
Step 4: Once you've gotten the postcard, log into Google My Business. If you have more than one business location, select the location you want to verify. If you only have one, select "Verify now."
Step 5: In the Code field, enter the five-digit verification code on your postcard. Click "Submit."

If your postcard never shows up, or you lose it, you can request a new code by signing into Google My Business and clicking the "Request another code" blue banner at the top of the screen.

Source: https://www.todhost.com/blog/a-checklist-for-optimizing-your-website-in-google-maps.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Website For Sale !! / Facebook Chatbot For Sell / Newsoodles.com With Adsense Is Finally Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.