Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

The 50-year-old Pastor With Prostate Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The 50-year-old Pastor With Prostate Cancer (301 Views)

Charly Boy Shares His Battle With Prostate Health. / UK Based Nigerian Man Suffering From Cancer Cries For Help After Losing Wife / Anayo Isaac With Mouth Cancer Blasts Enugu Governor Ugwuanyi For Not Helping Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 50-year-old Pastor With Prostate Cancer by qpressng(f): 6:27am On Sep 04, 2019
So, this handsome middle-aged man (50) walked into my consulting room complaining of low back pain.

A focused history, examination and some targeted investigations suggested the unexpected.

I explained my presumptive diagnosis to him which he rejected "in Jesus name" as "cancer is not my portion".

I booked him for prostate biopsy to confirm my suspicion.

The procedure was smooth and uneventful.
He prayed and fasted while waiting for good histology report.

10 days later, his "whole world came crashing down".

The histology report showed her has Prostate Cancer!

After the whys, hows and why mes, we say down to discuss the way forward.

He is much better now and the cancer seems to be in remission.

This is actually a sad story with a happy ending.

A lot of men in similar show will persist in denial only to present much later with inability to walk, weakness, shortage of blood (anaemia) and sometimes, inability to hold urine or faeces.

I decided to share this story to show that prostate cancer is not just an exclusive preserve of elderly men. Men in their 50s sometimes come down with prostate cancer.

The earlier you recognise these early symptoms and start treatment, the better the outcome is likely to be.

Here are the early symptoms of prostate cancer every man should be aware of, and what to do to reduce your risk of prostate cancer:

Early warning signs of prostate cancer
http://rhogram.com/early-warning-signs-of-prostate-cancer/

Ways to reduce your risk of prostate cancer
http://rhogram.com/prostate-cancer-prevention-ways-to-reduce-your-risk/

Read carefully and share widely, you may be doing someone a whole world of good.

(1) (Reply)

Physiotherapy For Epididymitis: Help Or Harm? / All Natural Muscle Builder With Creatine For Sale At Micostarmal / Eye Brite For Glacuma And Cataract. Say No To Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.