Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) (25301 Views)

Olumide Akpata Picks Yusuf Kadiri As His Substantive Running Mate. / Governor Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folasade Coker As Executive Secretary Of LJLA / Shock As Sanwo-Olu Appoints Joe Igbokwe Special Adviser On Drainage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2019
Me scrolling to see if they talked about minimum wage
But alas-dem no talk anything
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by unbitchable(m): 10:26am On Sep 04, 2019
tot:

Square pegs in square holes. Not the ones that will put an engineer to manage a totally different sector.
Nigerians with their pull him down syndrome. Does the sector require anything extra special that is beyond the Administrative competence of the Engineer?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by fergie001: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2019
Owaincouncil:
This is a good development at least putting the right leg in right hole. Unlike the predecessors putting those who knows nothing about education in charge.
Sarah Adebisi Sosan was also a Secondary school teacher before she was made Dep. Gov.

Fashola felt his deputy will just sit in office doing nothing so he wanted to engage them.
Sosan did very very well....others didn't follow in her footsteps.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by neutralmind: 10:49am On Sep 04, 2019
unbitchable:

Nigerians with their pull him down syndrome. Does the sector require anything extra special that is beyond the Administrative competence of the Engineer?

Teaches don't lead Engineering firms and projects, at the same time engineers don't head schools...

A round peg will always fit into a round hole.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by tot(f): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2019
unbitchable:

How exactly is my statement a pull him down syndrome? Your moniker is unbitchable yet you are bitch.ing around like this?!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by unbitchable(m): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2019
neutralmind:

Teaches don't lead Engineering firms and projects, at the same time engineers don't head schools...

You got it mixed up. The poster was referring to a serving minister
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by tot(f): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2019
neutralmind:

Thank you. Exactly my point.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by Meritocracy: 11:03am On Sep 04, 2019
SLAP44:
Reacting to appointment of a Deputy Governor to superintend over the education ministry, Professor Chidi Ebere Onyia, former Faculty of the California State University, Dominguez Hills, California, United States of America (USA) emphasized the need to build strong institutions.

See person qualifications a beg!

The qualifications is professor, the rest is address.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by unbitchable(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2019
tot:

How exactly is my statement a pull him down syndrome? Your moniker is un.bitchable yet you are bitch.ing around like this?!
I saw through you, yet you couldn't answer the question.
Nice trolling, keep it up.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by tot(f): 11:23am On Sep 04, 2019
unbitchable:

I saw through you, yet you couldn't answer the question.
Nice trolling, keep it up.

I have no time to waste. You can continue your trolling. Good luck.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by tot(f): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2019
unbitchable:

You got it mixed up. The poster was referring to a serving minister

Because you are in my head ba? And even if it was Fashola I was referring to, how is that your headache? Continue reading through comments and connecting dots wherever you want to connect, na you get your time. Meanwhile, does Nigeria have 24 hours electricity? NO. The joke is on you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by unbitchable(m): 11:25am On Sep 04, 2019
tot:

I have no time to waste. You can continue your trolling. Good luck.
Reverse Psychology, shioor!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by 9jaMySchool(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by mbhs139(m): 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
Owaincouncil:
This is a good development at least putting the right leg in right hole. Unlike the predecessors putting those who knows nothing about education in charge.

So, Sarah Sosan, Head of SUPEB and a teacher, an educationist of many years of experience, was a square in a round hole?

I shake my head.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by COMPAQ(m): 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
After Diezani, I am no longer excited when these so called technocrats enter government. they are usually just as incompetent and corrupt as normal politicians. To get things done in Nigeria's public service you need an uncommon will, which many of these technocrats don't have.

Think about it though, ALL Nigerian Ministers of Education have been Professors, yet education in Nigeria has not improved in decades!!! How does a professor who went to school and suffered academic rigour to become a Professor announce to the nation that UTME cut off for the North is 100, while in the South it's 240!! Shouldn't it be based on merit? Shouldn't those scoring 100 be required to study harder?

Also, ALL ministers of Health have been Doctors, yet Health has not improved since the days of Dr Ransome Kuti.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by Smartwave: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
How is this a qualification? He was a lecturer, at California State University. What special about that?
SLAP44:
Reacting to appointment of a Deputy Governor to superintend over the education ministry, Professor Chidi Ebere Onyia, former Faculty of the California State University, Dominguez Hills, California, United States of America (USA) emphasized the need to build strong institutions.

See person qualifications a beg!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by Maziyk: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
Igbo amaka
Re: Sanwo-Olu Appoints Folashde Adefisayo Commissioner For Education (Substantive) by ilevic(m): 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
When will a secondary school teacher be appointed as Commissioner for Education in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shonekan: FG Orders National Flag To Fly At Half-Mast / GEJ And Jamaican PM Dancing To 'Reggae Music' In Jamaica! (pics) / The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.