Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:43 AM

Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja (37243 Views)

Bank Staff Uses Teargas To Disperse Customers In Lagos / Police Arrest The Student That Brought Gun & Teargas To School In Port-Harcourt / Thief Caught At Shoprite In Lagos, Rescued From Being Lynched By Mob. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by DaveHert(m): 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
stagger:

People like you are the economic saboteurs who think the lives of our brothers should be mortgaged for economic gain. Was Nigeria not operating before Shoprite? Don't we have Glo? Did we not have HiTV at a point?

Why do people like you keep talking as though we need these South African companies to exist?

Now I can ignore that f*cktard! Thank u!
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by Angelfrost(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
Astark:
shut up. Edo people are not stupid , we won't resort to violence

Edo people won't what??!... The same Edo state I have lived in for years or Benin Republic??!... Abeg sofri...
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by sencekompis: 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
PERMANENT SOLUTION to xenophobia in south Africa 4 Nigerians

#fixnaijanow
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by fortran12: 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
Btruth:
I want to see the same zeal from Nigerians against our law markers and the head of the governments. Let the revolution begins.

lol
They are waiting for you to lead the way. KW.
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by DaveHert(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
Avedonn:
It doesn't make sense burning South African business or companies operating in Nigeria cos 80% of their workers are Nigerians. If they end their operations in Nigeria, it's Nigerians that'll still be affected.

There's a big difference between what is happening in South Africa and the retaliatory measures some Nigerians are taking. The difference is, the businesses destroyed in South Africa belongs to single or two individuals but South African businesses in Nigeria is an conglomerate that employs thousands of Nigerians. South Africa doesn't need us as much as we need them as it stands.

They also pay huge taxes that contribute immensely to the Nigerian GDP. At this critical moment, we can't afford to loose them. So we should allow government to handle the situation diplomatically.

I also hope this incident will be an eye opener to the Nigerian government to invest and create an enable environment for Nigerians to set up indigenous industries that'd also have outlets in other African countries just like South African companies.

Nigerian government should learn from Donald Trump economic policies. When he came to power, he discovered that there was unbalance of trade between US and China, he then imposed huge tariff on China's goods. China had no choice than to open their market to American goods.

No nation will prosper with exporting only natural resources without exporting indigenous manufactured goods. Nigeria should wake-up and start doing the right thing before smaller African countries like Rwanda and Kenya overtake us economically.

You need to re-evaluate your sense of reasoning.

Do u realize that the tax u made mention of is a fraction of the earnings generated in Nigeria? And do u realize the after tax is paid and the Nigerian share holders and operators are settled the rest of that earnings is sent back to the headquarters which is located where again? Nigeria? Obviously back to South Africa.

Do u also realise that MTN is the biggest telecoms operator in Africa? Do u know why? Because it retains approximately %45 market share of the most populated African country - Nigeria. And do u also realise that DSTV is the most dominant cable broadcasting network in Africa because it retains upto %80 market share of the most populated country In Africa - Nigeria. And u think the renenue generated by these foreign owned companies are retained in the country because of a fraction being paid to the Government for tax? That's beyond laughable.

Yes a lot of Nigerians would be jobless if there companies should leave but at the same f*cking time it's an opportunity for Nigerian leaders to sit the fu*k up and make changes in the country. If they invest in Glo to take up the vacuum left by MTN those left unemployed can retain their jobs with Glo and another Nigerian owned cable broadcasting company can fill in the gabs left by DSTV. We just need the Government to seat the f*ck up and use their dumb heads and stop worrying about funds to loot.

I don't appreciate you coming here to paint a picture of Nigeria being dependent on South Africa when in actuality it's the opposite. Go and trace South Africa's financial roots and u will notice a boom in annual revenue after MTN and DSTV started Dominating the Nigerian market. For Christ sake even up until date Nigeria still generates a Higher GDP than South Africa.

As of 2019 South Africa's GDP is @$371Billion and how much do u think Nigeria as unproductive and unorganized as it is is generating? $500Billion for Christ sake. And this is from a country that is experiencing economic recession, selfish leaders, lack of exportation and mismanagement of plenty resource.

Who the f*ck is South Africa that u dare tell me we are dependent on them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
DaveHert:

You need to re-evaluate your sense of reasoning.

Do u realize that the tax u made mention of is a fraction of the earnings generated in Nigeria? And do u realize the after tax is paid and the Nigerian share holders and operators are settled the rest of that earnings is sent back to the headquarters which is located where again? Nigeria? Obviously back to South Africa.

Do u also realise that MTN is the biggest telecoms operator in Africa? Do u know why? Because it retains approximately %45 market share of the most populated African country - Nigeria. And do u also realise that DSTV is the most dominant cable broadcasting network in Africa because it retains upto %80 market share of the most populated country In Africa - Nigeria. And u think the renenue generated by these foreign owned companies are retained in the country because of a fraction being paid to the Government for tax? That's beyond laughable.

Yes a lot of Nigerians would be jobless if there companies should leave but at the same f*cking time it's an opportunity for Nigerian leaders to sit the fu*k up and make changes in the country. If they invest in Glo to take up the vacuum left by MTN those left unemployed can retain their jobs with Glo and another Nigerian owned cable broadcasting company can fill in the gabs left by DSTV. We just need the Government to seat the f*ck up and use their dumb heads and stop worrying about funds to loot.

I don't appreciate you coming here to paint a picture of Nigeria being dependent on South Africa when in actuality it's the opposite. Go and trace South Africa's financial roots and u will notice a boom in annual revenue after MTN and DSTV started Dominating the Nigerian market. For Christ sake even up until date Nigeria still generates a Higher GDP than South Africa.

As of 2019 South Africa's GDP is @$371Billion and how much do u think Nigeria as unproductive and unorganized as it is is generating? $500Billion for Christ sake. And this is from a country that is experiencing economic recession, selfish leaders, lack of exportation and mismanagement of plenty resource.

Who the f*ck is South Africa that u dare tell me we are dependent on them.

take it easy, I know you are angry.

I believe this action will open the eyes of investors and billionaires on Nigeria to invest in those sectors
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
Guys in Trade fair complex should go and burn down the DSTV Data center inside the complex.

If that Data center goes down, DSTV will cry and will losing mad revenue per seconds.

It's at the back of Aspanda. You will see satellite dishes inside it.

for every damage we make we will indirect pay for it.

by the way I am interested on how you got this knowledge.
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by Starz825(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
Shibaraba:
The place wey our security operatives Mumu reach dem go still try kill somebody today on top the matter. Who wan bet?
Sometimes ..I feel Police men are ritualist... undecided
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by DaveHert(m): 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

take it easy, I know you are angry.

I believe this action will open the eyes of investors and billionaires on Nigeria to invest in those sectors

Then he should choose his words carefully when next he addresses people with pent up frustration.

Hopefully u are right!
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by Obec70(m): 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
We don't have government that invests in other countries rather bunch of looters who took our money banked it outside for the development of such countries!

Some years back a cable company was about competing with DSTV but was run aground by our government!
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by 27Pushing30: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sellfish:
Lol

No record yet of any South African being murdered in reprisal sad

Like Nigerians, don't these south Africans in Nigeria have a village meeting or something similar.....That way we can round them all up at once and feed them to Fulani herdsmen to use for target practice

Stupid Nigerians still fail to understand shoprite is a franchise being majorly operated by Nigerians....So burning down shoprite achieves nothing as per reprisals for Zenophobia sad
don’t say what you don’t know

If as a Nigerian businessman you loose goods worth millions all cos you associated with a South African firm... will you risk it again?
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by Denikayan: 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

for every damage we make we will indirect pay for it.

by the way I am interested on how you got this knowledge.

So you actually expect me to share? Anything network in Nigeria, I will call there strongholds for you with addresses.

It's my world!
Re: Police Fire Teargas To Stop Protesters From Burning Shoprite In Abuja by flashlink(m): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
Avedonn:
It doesn't make sense burning South African business or companies operating in Nigeria cos 80% of their workers are Nigerians. If they end their operations in Nigeria, it's Nigerians that'll still be affected.

There's a big difference between what is happening in South Africa and the retaliatory measures some Nigerians are taking. The difference is, the businesses destroyed in South Africa belongs to single or two individuals but South African businesses in Nigeria is an conglomerate that employs thousands of Nigerians. South Africa doesn't need us as much as we need them as it stands.

They also pay huge taxes that contribute immensely to the Nigerian GDP. At this critical moment, we can't afford to loose them. So we should allow government to handle the situation diplomatically.

I also hope this incident will be an eye opener to the Nigerian government to invest and create an enable environment for Nigerians to set up indigenous industries that'd also have outlets in other African countries just like South African companies.

Nigerian government should learn from Donald Trump economic policies. When he came to power, he discovered that there was unbalance of trade between US and China, he then imposed huge tariff on China's goods. China had no choice than to open their market to American goods.

No nation will prosper with exporting only natural resources without exporting indigenous manufactured goods. Nigeria should wake-up and start doing the right thing before smaller African countries like Rwanda and Kenya overtake us economically.
That's not true! The people who will be more affected is South Africa. 50% of their income of shoprite, MTN, DSTV/GOTV is from Nigeria. If Nigerians don't patronize them for 1 month, their economy will go into a state of emergency, and guess what, other African countries would even follow Nigeria if that happens. Don't kid yourself, if Nigeria doesn't buy their products, they'll be crippled because they can't sell outside Africa due to far better competition and services, and the whole of Africa won't be enough to compensate for the loss.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seriki Muktar Adebayo: I Smuggled Drugs To Survive, Says Footballer / Photos Of Thief Caught In My Compound This Morning / Another Nigerian Businessman Killed During Gang War In South Africa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.