Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. (6162 Views)

Borno Women Shut Down Konduga LG For Tinubu/shettima 2023 / Cracks In Nigerian Governors Forum Over Southern Govs’ 2023 Presidency Position / Imo Women Shut Sterling Global Oil Company Over Unpaid Burial Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by Gossipninja: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
Female protesters outside the World Economic Forum in Cape Town demand for the country to be shut down and a state of emergency to be declared in the wake of a week of violence against women

South Africans have been horrified by the murder of University of Cape Town student Uyinene Mrwetyana. Initial reports suggest that a post office worker has confessed to raping and killing the 19-year-old.

There have been calls for a “national shutdown” to protest femicide in South Africa. Women have taken to Twitter to tweet #AmINext – asking if they will become the next victim of murder.

The South African police service regularly releases a breakdown of murder victims by age group and sex. Their latest data shows that 20,336 people were murdered in 2017/18.

The majority of the murder victims were adult men, accounting for 16,421 deaths. This is equal to one murder every 30 minutes.

Source:
https://zenithnaija.com/south-african-women-shut-down-venue-of-world-economic-forum-over-killings/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by Gossipninja: 1:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by ayokellany: 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
E sure say this OP head no correct. What SA women were fighting for is clearly stated in the article n it is not xenophobia

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by justtoodark: 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
Gossipninja:
Female protesters outside the World Economic Forum in Cape Town demand for the country to be shut down and a state of emergency to be declared in the wake of a week of violence against women

South Africans have been horrified by the murder of University of Cape Town student Uyinene Mrwetyana. Initial reports suggest that a post office worker has confessed to raping and killing the 19-year-old.

There have been calls for a “national shutdown” to protest femicide in South Africa. Women have taken to Twitter to tweet #AmINext – asking if they will become the next victim of murder.

The South African police service regularly releases a breakdown of murder victims by age group and sex. Their latest data shows that 20,336 people were murdered in 2017/18.

The majority of the murder victims were adult men, accounting for 16,421 deaths. This is equal to one murder every 30 minutes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1_Uai5F-X6/?igshid=aeju19qahdbv

ohh my....thats alot of people killed oo....

are they at war or what....??

2 Likes

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by justtoodark: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
ayokellany:
E sure say this OP head no correct. What SA women were fighting for is clearly stated in the article n it is not xenophobia

its you that cant comprehend....it clearly said,they were protesting against rape and killins....

9 Likes

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by Spechialone(f): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
It's so unfortunate that, we all have to face this rude awakening. They fought Apartheid then, but now showing APATHY to their fellow Africans.

1 Like

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by simonlee(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2019
So these idiots had other avenues to channel their energy and instead decided to first go on murder rampage... Oloshi them! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by Beremx(f): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
I thought they would say it was Nigerians that raped and killed women. You can see the problem of South Africa are South Africans themselves.

Bunch of savages. angry

13 Likes

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by espn(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
LOL..AWON WEREY...
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by justtoodark: 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
simonlee:
So these idiots had other avenues to channel their energy and instead decided to first go on murder rampage... Oloshi them! undecided

that place is a comfirmed war zone....

what type of nation is that,that women are not safe....??

1 Like

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by Afrogoddess25(f): 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
What a useless country...

1 Like

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by ewigmee: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
'Once bloody, always bloody' .... Shakespeare.
They kill foreigners, their government looked away, gradually they grew blood thirsty and kill their own.
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
justtoodark:

that place is a comfirmed war zone....

what type of nation is that,that women are not safe....??

Tdarkside

Bantudark

This is nemesis chasing after South Africans

1 Like

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by kollinz1234(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stupid country! U fight foreigners and when they leave, u rape ur women. No wonder God didn't want to give them independence.

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by justtoodark: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Tdarkside

Bantudark

This is nemesis chasing after South Africans

i salute you....
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by dominique(f): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
South African women are fast becoming endangered species in the hands of their violent men
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by silverkings: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
This is where they should channel protest not on innocent foreigners. Them no get sense finally
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by crestedaguiyi: 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
Did I miss something

Femicide?
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by goodnewscliff(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
I know 2 south Africans in my area,,, before this week runs i will make sure they are dead

2 Likes

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by teadrake(m): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
It is evident and clear that the current President of South Africa is incompetent, lazy,pathetic, clueless and useless at the same time. Protests and killing keep on occurring time to time with no proactive measures to tackle them.
Africa is cursed with useless leaders.
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by teadrake(m): 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
Spechialone:
It's so unfortunate that, we all have to face this rude awakening. They fought Apartheid then, but now showing APATHY to their fellow Africans.
With the recent happening, I can conclude that SA don't deserve the independence they got, but of course, that be tantamount to disrespecting the late Mandela who fought and subsequently gained independence,with the support of Nigeria.
He saved a useless and ungrateful bunch of idiots. Just look at the statistics of those being killed.

2 Likes

Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by dolipop001: 4:24am On Sep 05, 2019
Click https:///DBeoTPlvoxJFG7eeyfIv4g
to join the below whatsapp group before it gets filled up, for an online teaching on how to earn money on internet legitimately by 8pm tonight
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by allfriends(m): 4:47am On Sep 05, 2019
Y traveling to that God forsaken country Nigerians.. for a free million ,I won't even step there ....Mandela memory s truely insulted by ds animals they call men.. next news pls
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by Yujin(m): 7:19am On Sep 05, 2019
justtoodark:

ohh my....thats alot of people killed oo....

are they at war or what....??
That is SA for you. The murder rate there is high and worst still, the young men won't protest against this. No single foreigner is involved in these (rape associated) killings. Can any SA guy explain this? From my findings after interviewing lots of women, I can say that about half the number of black women over there have been raped at one point in their lives mostly by a relative. The family system there has been shattered hence the society seems to be in a sort of social chaos. It's a big problem.
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by justtoodark: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2019
Yujin:

That is SA for you. The murder rate there is high and worst still, the young men won't protest against this. No single foreigner is involved in these (rape associated) killings. Can any SA guy explain this? From my findings after interviewing lots of women, I can say that about half the number of black women over there have been raped at one point in their lives mostly by a relative. The family system there has been shattered hence the society seems to be in a sort of social chaos. It's a big problem.

hmm.... undecided undecided

if they dont solve this,it will get much worse....

their situation is even more worse than i tut before....

medias want to make it looks like its only nigerians they are attacking....

its actualy not true....

they are even attacking white south african shop owners....

practicaly anybody....

i saw the documentation on youtube just yesterday....!!
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by ayokellany: 6:41am On Sep 06, 2019
This is why NL irritates me, lunatics acting like they are brilliant. Now tell me how is the rape n killing in the article related to xenophobia ?!
justtoodark:

its you that cant comprehend....it clearly said,they were protesting against rape and killins....
Re: South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings.. by justtoodark: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2019
ayokellany:
This is why NL irritates me, lunatics acting like they are brilliant. Now tell me how is the rape n killing in the article related to xenophobia ?!

i dont know,ask op....

(1) (Reply)

Enugu: Door-To-Door Group Declares Support For Peter Mbah, Other PDP Candidates / Over 500 Abians Benefit From Rep Onuigbo Entrepreneurship Development Program / Striking Workers Beat-up Commissioner In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.