Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum (60104 Views)

Treason: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Comments On Obi, Datti / EndSARS: Ezekwesili Reacts To FG's Threat To Sanction CNN / #EndSARS: Moe Odele's Passport Seized At The Airport. Oby Ezekwesili Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by emezuo17: 7:10am On Sep 05, 2019
360degreess:
Oby should cover her big head in shame..The funniest thin is that majority of those killed are your people.. Buhari that you're always attacking boycotted WEF..to show his concern..
. They did not kill any of her people, you people should stop all this, Yorubas have quite a large number of their people in south Africa too, one of the car shops burnt actually belongs to a Yoruba guy, the video is every where on the net, back to Obii, she is a looser and a fake activist.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by asanwafo: 7:22am On Sep 05, 2019
360degreess:
Oby should cover her big head in shame..The funniest thin is that majority of those killed are your people.. Buhari that you're always attacking boycotted WEF..to show his concern..
No Nigerian was killed. Don't u have sense?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Godwin2am(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Glink2018:
There's no justification whatsoever that you can write to defend your presence at the WES...

Just apologize and move on...if you're not there ,they will not miss you....
Your country is not represented and you went there as a guest speaker....
SHE WENT THERE FOR THE PAY; NOTHING ELSE
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Jaqenhghar: 7:44am On Sep 05, 2019
360degreess:
LOL. So this makes Buhari a better man. You people dont even know the difference between genuine concern and eye service. No wonder the country is in this mess. I swear I pray Buhari carries on long after 2023. You people need this suffering

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Jaqenhghar: 7:50am On Sep 05, 2019
costandi:
I seem not to get. By boycotting the WEF (not a south African event) because of your animosity with the host nation, what is your gain? I understand that it can be seen as a show of protest, but is there much that can be achieved by this. However, going by her statements, speaking at the event openly about these dastardly acts would bring it to the world's attention.
That is you who reasons like a human being. Because Buhari withdrew from the summit they suddl ny want to forget that hundreds are being killed under his watch. They talk as if Oby is the government of the day. Meanwhile the government gets a free pass.the times she had stood up for the rights of Nigerians mean nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Antinatalist: 7:55am On Sep 05, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

LOL. So this makes Buhari a better man. You people dont even know the difference between genuine concern and eye service. No wonder the country is in this mess. I swear I pray Buhari carries on long after 2023. You people need this suffering

Only sensible comment I've read here so far. Nigerians disgust me with their hypocrisy and profound foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Jarus(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2019
You are a public figure and a political one at that, you should know better If Tiwa Savage, an entertainment businessperson, could pull out of an event she will make money from, Oby has no excuse.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Jaqenhghar: 8:08am On Sep 05, 2019
Antinatalist:

Only sensible comment I've read here so far. Nigerians disgust me with their hypocrisy and profound foolishness.

Brother. Their matter tire me. I thought hardship makes people somewhat smarter but the reverse is the case.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by WalkerMichael(m): 8:11am On Sep 05, 2019
I feel This old selfish woman should be disgraced at the airport
Your country boycotted an event and you showed up? To what end? The dollars you'd be RECEIVING OR??

THIS WOMAN IS COMPLETELY BRAINLESS!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Antinatalist: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Brother. Their matter tire me. I thought hardship makes people somewhat smarter but the reverse is the case.

I still remember the way this woman fought hard during the Chibok girls saga. To an average Nigerian, the only form of protest they respect is cancelling a meeting or a show. Whether you're going to to address the issue, they don't care, just do your eye service and cancel the show so that they can be happy.

I know this is not the right time to bring this up, but people should never be quick to forget how we treated Ghanians in the 80's. The "Ghana Must Go" movement was so xenophobic that almost all foreign countries in Europe and Asia called it the "Height of human rights violations". We maltreated Ghanians and reduced them to second class citizens. Scores of people died and lost their properties.

Even the " Ghana Must Go" bag we manufactured just to spite and shame them is still in use today. Is that not the height of Xenophobia? Do we have any Right to called any country Xenophobic if we are to be honest with ourselves?

What is happening now is not peculiar to African countries or black people, the German's did it to the Jewish people, the government of Turkey did it to the Armenians, etc. .

I expected the President to attend that event and use that opportunity to dialogue with SA leaders. The youths will always be mischievous and the bad ones among them will definitely highjack the event to loot for their selfish interest. It is only intervention from the government that can end this madness not lip service and media trials.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by trappatoni(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2019
costandi:
I seem not to get. By boycotting the WEF (not a south African event) because of your animosity with the host nation, what is your gain? I understand that it can be seen as a show of protest, but is there much that can be achieved by this. However, going by her statements, speaking at the event openly about these dastardly acts would bring it to the world's attention.
oga the world already knows, not going to the event in such a country would have sent a stronger message. There is no excuse for attending such event.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by akin9ja78(m): 9:15am On Sep 05, 2019
She desperately needed that moment to shine
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by bayulll011(m): 9:32am On Sep 05, 2019
costandi:

people with this mindset are generally retard.
boycotting the event show a lot of solidarity and send strong message to the government of south africa,why do you people think in this country.
Critical reasoning is a must for all our kids in school please.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by CeterisXVII: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
Antinatalist:
I still remember the way this woman fought hard during the Chibok girls saga. To an average Nigerian, the only form of protest they respect is cancelling a meeting or a show. Whether you're going to to address the issue, they don't care, just do your eye service and cancel the show so that they can be happy.

I know this is not the right time to bring this up, but people should never be quick to forget how we treated Ghanians in the 80's. The "Ghana Must Go" movement was so xenophobic that almost all foreign countries in Europe and Asia called it the "Height of human rights violations". We maltreated Ghanians and reduced them to second class citizens. Scores of people died and lost their properties.

Even the " Ghana Must Go" bag we manufactured just to spite and shame them is still in use today. Is that not the height of Xenophobia? Do we have any Right to called any country Xenophobic if we are to be honest with ourselves?

What is happening now is not peculiar to African countries or black people, the German's did it to the Jewish people, the government of Turkey did it to the Armenians, etc. .

I expected the President to attend that event and use that opportunity to dialogue with SA leaders.
The youths will always be mischievous and the bad ones among them will definitely highjack the event to loot for their selfish interest. It is only intervention from the government that can end this madness not lip service and media trials.

Which dirty dialogue are you talking about? Is it today that the presidents of both countries and their senior officials have been dialoguing? What came out of such dialogues in the past? undecided

You are chanting "Ghana-must-go". Were you born when it took place? Ask those who know about the event...nobody looted Ghanaian shops in Nigeria, and nobody attacked them. They were merely told to leave.

A boycott remains a legitimate way to register your displeasure, and show your intense dislike or lack of support for a country, or an event it is hosting to promote a particular cause.

Sometimes, a lack of support can make a whole event flop, after millions have been spent by the organisers. It sends a very strong message that can never be forgotten!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by bayulll011(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2019
Antinatalist:

I expected the President to attend that event and use that opportunity to dialogue with SA leaders. The youths will always be mischievous and the bad ones among them will definitely highjack the event to loot for their selfish interest. It is only intervention from the government that can end this madness not lip service and media trials.

you are very correct
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by costandi(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2019
bayulll011:

people with this mindset are generally retard.
boycotting the event show a lot of solidarity and send strong message to the government of south africa,why do you people think in this country.
Critical reasoning is a must for all our kids in school please.
Generally retàrd? Did you have to say this? Yet you couldn't make a sentence with proper punctuation. How sad�.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by kelly72: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2019
Nigerians and their mob mentality.
The same crass ignorance that led them
to start destroying Shoprite & MTN upandan
without knowing that Nigerians stand to lose even more.

She did very well by going there. She is a global figure and we know she
is fearless. She therefore will engage Ramaphosa and other attendees to
demand a change in the way these things are handled.

After all, peace will still have to be made between the two countries.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by justtoodark: 10:16am On Sep 05, 2019
what she did was bad....especialy somebody like her that is close to nigerian politics....

she is a bad leader....good we know now before we put her in any meaningful position....
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by HabaHaba: 10:23am On Sep 05, 2019
Unik3030:
for someone that blocked the road n did many things during the bring back our girls issue to attend this summit, it speaks more about her personality as a mischievous n attention seeking clout. it obvious all she needed during the bring back our girls campaign was money n attention. n here she is in South Africa cos of d small change involved, some disappointment were just blessing in disguise. just imagine she emerged d president in d last election am sure she will even order south African police to jail n kill all Nigerians. useless woman

I'm not sorry to say, this is purely from a politically hateful persona. You obviously hate this woman, and thus, you are cashing in on her current mistake with the WEF.
Haba, make a few statements about her errors not make her look like the Devil before her political admirers.

Haba! Haba!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by justtoodark: 10:25am On Sep 05, 2019
HabaHaba:

I'm not sorry to say, this is purely from a politically hateful persona. You obviously hate this woman, and thus, you are cashing in on her current mistake with the WEF.
Haba, make a few statements about her errors not make her look like the Devil before her political admirers.

Haba! Haba!

she is not a team player....she cant be trusted....
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Kadejo(m): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2019
If at all she had to go, what I think she should have done is that, immediately she mounts the podium, she should change the topic of the discussion, and protest the killing of her people right away.
Doing that will send a strong message to the government of S/A.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by walanga: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2019
She obviously did not think this through.
I respect Oby a lot but this was an error of judgment and she should not have gone for whatever reason.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by danuzochukwu: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2019
We Nigerians that are bashing this woman are the real hypocrites. What has the government done for the past five years that our people are being massacred, maimed and properties destroyed. Are they just waking up now because there are so many uproar in Nigeria about this recent killing? The woman has just explained herself that her main reason of being there is to place that particular issue on table to the world leaders. She is not there on a party organized by south Africans, but by world leaders and that is a perfect platform to further draw the attention of the world to the the plite of Nigerians and other non indigens in South Africa. Furthermore, I'm completely in support of Nigerian government's boycott of the invent, but they should do more to force the South African government to act very quickly and stop the dastardly act of violence by their miscreants youths. Countries like USA and UK would had reacted appropriately since last five years that this particular incident of xenophobia lay it's ugly head. But because of the larcadastical attitudes of
our government they waited till the killing and destruction became an endemic.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Tflex01: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2019
IdioticNLmods:

Not necessary.. Everyone is against her even her own people so please stop being stupid.
Thanks

Really wish you guys can say the same thing if it was a Yoruba politician and not label him a betrayer.

hypocrites.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by spectroscopic: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2019
lx3as:

Be deceiving yourself! So the protests and blockage in Abeokuta last month about xenophobia was about looting? Also the burning of mtn store in Ibadan was looting of Igbo store?
I know you would definitely defend your sister.

Cowards! Was that the reason no single placard carrying protest in the East?
I was amazed to see patriotism and protest in Akwa Ibom. Dó you think your peopl
e in SA are happy with your inactions...?

Breaking news. 125 looters arrested in Lagos. All are Y people. I hope you are one of them. Ole

The same WEF conference that Oby attended was attended by Elrufai, Emir Sanusi of Kano and Fayemi of Ekiti. Where is your outrage? Hypocrite.

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by spectroscopic: 11:10am On Sep 05, 2019
xpool:

Mind you I am Igbo, and you should hide in shame. Forget you fake defense. We are the new cowards on board

If you are Igbo and you looted, you should be in jail. You are not a victim of Xenophobia and you did not loot for the victims.Some of the stores you looted are owned by Nigerians. You can protest, organize to close the stores, boycot SA products, picket SA embassy, and not loot. Hungry criminals acting like South Africans
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by Reelmii: 11:16am On Sep 05, 2019
Glink2018:
There's no justification whatsoever that you can write to defend your presence at the WES...

Just apologize and move on...if you're not there ,they will not miss you....
Your country is not represented and you went there as a guest speaker....
this is the major reason why Nigeria can not achive anything in unity...
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by justtoodark: 11:20am On Sep 05, 2019
danuzochukwu:
We Nigerians that are bashing this woman are the real hypocrites. What has the government done for the past five years that our people are being massacred, maimed and properties destroyed. Are they just waking up now because there are so many uproar in Nigeria about this recent killing? The woman has just explained herself that her main reason of being there is to place that particular issue on table to the world leaders. She is not there on a party organized by south Africans, but by world leaders and that is a perfect platform to further draw the attention of the world to the the plite of Nigerians and other non indigens in South Africa. Furthermore, I'm completely in support of Nigerian government's boycott of the invent, but they should do more to force the South African government to act very quickly and stop the dastardly act of violence by their miscreants youths. Countries like USA and UK would had reacted appropriately since last five years that this particular incident of xenophobia lay it's ugly head. But because of the larcadastical attitudes of
our government they waited till the killing and destruction became an endemic.

what you think you can force South Africa to anything....??

nonesense....the only thing you can do is show them you dont like them by keepin your distance from them....she is wrong....
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by IdioticNLmods: 11:58am On Sep 05, 2019
Tflex01:

Really wish you guys can say the same thing if it was a Yoruba politician and not label him a betrayer.

hypocrites.
Okay, i agree.
We are all hypocrites then.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by JeogahII(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2019
Unik3030:
nnamdi kanu, where are you when we need u most? tell boys to give this woman small yam now

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by ledaman: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
Useless old biiitch!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum by PetroDollaxxxx: 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
You are absolutely correct. The truth is bitter and some don’t want to accept the truth. God bless Ghana!
Antinatalist:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akunyili's Family Discovers 110 Awards Packed Inside Her Box(pics) / Sophisticated Guns Captured From Boko Haram By Nigerian Soldiers [photos] / Nigerians React To President Buhari Tweet After The Attack In Belgium Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.