Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) (31081 Views)

Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars / Woman Stabs Lagos Food Seller For Refusing To Sell To Her On Credit (photo) / Couple Sell Their 2-year-old Son On Credit In Imo State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by GistConnect: 4:16am On Sep 05, 2019
A soldier, Chidera Okoro, has absconded after allegedly tricking the owner of a betting shop, Agbai Matthew, into staking the sum of N146,000 on some games for him on credit in his shop at No. 51 Efians-Okereke Road, Aba, in the Osisioma Ngwa Local Government Area of Abia State.

Correspondent gathered that Okoro, who visited Matthew’s shop, promised to refund the money that same day, but refused to fulfil his promise after he lost the entire amount to gambling.

When Okoro was done staking on the games, our correspondent learnt that Matthew and his friend, Samuel Ajike, followed the soldier to his parent’s house in the hope of getting paid, but he reportedly escaped through the back door.

Matthew said, “I run a Bet9ja shop and Okoro came to my shop to stake money on some games on credit. When I asked for the money, he promised to transfer it to my account immediately and so we proceeded. He tricked me into funding the account so that he could stake money on the games. At first, I funded the account with N40,000, but when he lost the money, he asked me to fund the account again and I declined.

“I demanded that he transferred the amount he borrowed from me and he asked for my account number. After I gave him, he made an attempt to transfer the money but it wasn’t successful. It was at that point that he suggested that I should follow him home to get my money. I was still contemplating whether to follow him or not when he asked for additional funding of N50,000. Since I would be following him home, I funded the account.

“Later, he demanded more funding of N20,000 and N36,000, which I obliged. I became heartbroken when he ran away through the back door after Ajike and I had followed him to his parent’s house in Umule to get my money as agreed. I have not seen him since then.”

The 31-year-old said efforts to get back his money had proved abortive.

The case, however, took another dimension as Okoro allegedly threatened to kill Matthew because of his persistent demand for his money.

Matthew stated, “Ajike and I waited for hours but we did not see him; but when we saw his mother, she said I had to settle the matter with Okoro. The most painful thing is that whenever I call him to demand my money, he usually threatens to torture and kill me. If anything happens to me, people should hold Okoro liable.

“I want those in authority to please caution him and intervene so that he can refund my money, because the betting company I trade with has blocked my account as a result of the transaction. I have been suffering in silence and have no one to give me money to start all over again.”

Ajike told our correspondent that he was surprised that Okoro decided to run away.

The 25-year-old said, “When we got to his parents’ house, Okoro asked us to wait in the parlour and ran away through the back door. We went back the next day but didn’t see him, but we saw his brother, who told us that Okoro owed another person. I was there when he was staking money on some games on credit at Matthew’s shop.”

When contacted, Okoro, said he left Aba after spending six months there on special duty, adding that he did not owe anybody.

“I don’t owe anybody. How do you think somebody can willingly play a game on credit for somebody else? Does that make any sense? I don’t know the person you are talking about; I do not owe anybody and I don’t have any business with anybody. I spent six months in Aba, because I was on special duty there, and when I was done, I went back to my base in Port Harcourt,” he told PUNCH Metro.

However, the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 6 Division, Nigerian Army, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, said Okoro was not from the division, adding that efforts were being made to fish him out.

Iliyasu stated, “We have done a thorough search in the 6 Division consisting of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers states for the name, Chidera Okoro, which you provided, and I can authoritatively confirm to you that he is not from the 6 Division.

“Despite this, we are determined to fish out this man (Okoro), who has given you information that is wrong. We have a clue and we are determined to fish him out.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/soldier-bets-on-credit-threatens-to-kill-agent/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by GistConnect: 4:16am On Sep 05, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Jabioro: 4:20am On Sep 05, 2019
Is not the same guy on former thread? You mumu dye! Matthew wey mumu!..."he was asking and you are doing"..now show me the evidence that he owe you .. after all the money was not transferred into his account..even though we all knew you are saying the truth but in Court of law to win your case ... too slimmer to stand.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Jumlek2411: 5:15am On Sep 05, 2019
It would be very difficult for this guy to get his money back, even if the Okoro is fish out, he would denied ever meeting or transacting any business whatsoever with this Mathew.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by RiyaGoddess(f): 6:03am On Sep 05, 2019
Some people still don't know the principles of getting what legitimately belongs to them back. When someone is owing you and refuses to pay you or holding on to what legitimately belongs to you, Send the elements that God has created on an errand to get them back. For instance, the earth. Command the earth. Speak to the earth. Mention names, give ultimum, Send the earth on an errand to collect your money... It's not voodoo, it's in your bible check it. Jeremiah 22:29.
Read my signature.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by PlayerMeji: 7:37am On Sep 05, 2019
This one strong for mouth!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by WalkerMichael(m): 8:40am On Sep 05, 2019
Is this not a report from a post a nairalander made days ago?

This soldier don enter am.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by helphelp: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2019
That agent na mumu

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by rentAcock(m): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2019
The shop owner is really foolish. He should know better than stake bets for any customer on credit. Most gamblers will sell the clothes off their back just to gamble, how can you trust a person like that?

If you think you have brains to answer some very simple questions, come and win N5,000, today at 5pm, no gambling involved. https://www.nairaland.com/5399577/naija-quiz-show-4-win

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by adarayz(f): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2019
The guy nahh yeye guy

cool cool shocked shocked shocked tongue

Abeg blast my signature for those deals

1 Like

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Cosmatikka: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2019
Ok
Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2019
This is funny sha.

Alabi sef collect from soldier man.

Na who do Hmmmmmmmm for mopol!?

His 2 or 3 months salary will cover his debt anyways.

We are sure these are the bets he played :
Aja nsare, owo jona...
color color,
Aja 4......gbeeeraaa!! cheesy wink grin

Oga Soldier right now.............
Catch me if you can!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by ArmaniUhuru: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2019
The agent na brother wey mumu.

Na this kind person go tell his friends how he take give his wife belle.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by RexTramadol1: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2019
Funny man
Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by AdonaiAluminium: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2019
Is the Betting office part of the Nigerian army"s property?

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services, insulated roofing sheets and panels etc
Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by chigoziri2403(m): 8:43am On Sep 05, 2019
Bet what you can afford to lose

1 Like

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Famousdan: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by EdidemOluomo: 8:44am On Sep 05, 2019
Jabioro:
Is not the same guy on former thread? You mumu dye! Matthew wey mumu!..."he was asking and you are doing"..now show me the evidence that he owe you .. after all the money was not transferred into his account..even though we all knew you are saying the truth but in Court of law to win your case ... too slimmer to stand.

I swear he mumu die.. He made a stupid mistake a cashier should make.

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Mays24(f): 8:44am On Sep 05, 2019
Thought someone posted about this same news some days back?

1 Like

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by helphelp: 8:45am On Sep 05, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Some people still don't know the principles of getting what legitimately belongs to them back. When someone is owing you and refuses to pay you or holding on to what legitimately belongs to you, Send the elements that God has created on an errand to get them back. For instance, the earth. Command the earth. Speak to the earth. Mention names, give ultimum, Send the earth on an errand to collect your money... It's not voodoo, it's in your bible check it. Read my signature.

Abeg pass this advice to AMCON on retrieving their money from debtors

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Denikayan: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2019
146 on betting shocked

Rather drink beers, chop cat fishes and do threeesome with it.

At least I enjoy the money.

Person just dash Nairabet money like that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Kaybaba5(m): 8:46am On Sep 05, 2019
rubbish, your mumu too much......
Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by ekaette1621: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2019
Idiotic creatures everywhere

1 Like

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Chrisbeks: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2019
Might even be a fake soldier

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Qadaffi2idiamin: 8:46am On Sep 05, 2019
There is no receipt to prove this claim, no evidence. What you think you have as evidence is not enough, please move on. You made the mistake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Odu2121: 8:47am On Sep 05, 2019
See below
Re: Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) by Passionate888: 8:47am On Sep 05, 2019
Na the thunder be that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Police Uncovers Illegal Oil Wells, Shuts 12 Houses / EFCC Arraigns Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters / Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.