Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,535 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:34 PM

‘messi Has Been The Best For 15 Years’- Former Chelsea Star Declares - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘messi Has Been The Best For 15 Years’- Former Chelsea Star Declares (642 Views)

WWE Star, Omos Visits Family In Lagos 15 Years After Travelling / Dani Osvaldo: Lionel Messi Has 'No Life', Lives In A 'Golden Prison' / Chealsea And The Teams Messi Has Never Scored Against (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘messi Has Been The Best For 15 Years’- Former Chelsea Star Declares by Ify05: 9:19am On Sep 05, 2019
Former Chelsea midfielder, Cesc Fabregas claimed that Lionel Messi has been the best player in the world for the past 15 years and he also believes it’s impossible that another player like the Argentine will emerge in the future.

The two former Barcelona teammates spent three seasons together at Camp Nou with Messi winning two Ballon d’Ors during that time. Having had the privilege of playing alongside the Argentine, Fabregas declared Messi is truly one of a kind when asked if there ever could be another like him.

“I think that’s probably impossible. We’ve seen the likes of Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, amazing players, but Messi has been the best for 15 years. He’s in his 17th season and he’s been the best since he was 18 years old,” Fabregas told AS.

“I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe. Every three days he scores goals, he heads off to play for Argentina, he comes back jet-lagged and scores a hat-trick… that’s not normal, believe me. I would have liked to enjoy playing more with Leo. I had a bit of bad luck in that respect. The first season we had together we had a great understanding.

“But the two following seasons was when I had my worst time with injuries. I wasn’t at my best at key moments and that affected everyone, including Leo.”

The World Cup winner currently plays for French side AS Monaco with the club second last in Ligue 1 with just two points from their first four games. After just avoiding relegation last season, Fabregas is hoping they can bounce back this campaign.

“The objective last year was clear: stay up by whatever means possible. This season we’ll try to compete to qualify for the Champions League. Let’s see if the new signings all fit in well,” he said.
Monaco had a busy transfer window with the likes of Wissam Ben Yedder and Tiemoue Bakayoko joining the club as they look to rebound from a down year. The French giants has not finished outside the top three in the French top flight since the 2012-13 campaign before falling down the pecking order last campaign. The club will return to Ligue 1 action on September 15 with a tough clash against Marseille as they look to get their first victory of the new season.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/messi-best-15-years-former-chelsea-star-declares/

Re: ‘messi Has Been The Best For 15 Years’- Former Chelsea Star Declares by PlayerMeji: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2019
No be lie, Baba mí..
Re: ‘messi Has Been The Best For 15 Years’- Former Chelsea Star Declares by Astark: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2019
But Nigerians agbero, bus conductors, bet9ja addicts and co thinks rapenaldo is better
Re: ‘messi Has Been The Best For 15 Years’- Former Chelsea Star Declares by yungsmart(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
Astark:
But Nigerians agbero, bus conductors, bet9ja addicts and co thinks rapenaldo is better
Those one don't know football. The reason why people choose ronaldo is because of his looks, fame, money and his antics both on and off the pitch and probably because he could speak English

(1) (Reply)

I Beat Him For The Second Time, He Should Take A Break From Boxing - Andy Ruiz J / Xhaka Changes His Instagram Profile Photo After Outburst In Crystal Palace Draw / Premier League Match Preview: Chelsea Vs Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.