Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. (5055 Views)

Can Minorities Be Racist? / Racist Habits Die HARD / Which State Are You From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
Nigerian folks living USA Pls which of these states would be better off for me to move into since i've just won a VISA lottery. Please i want open minded, honest answers thank you. (less racist state pls)

(1) New York

(2) New Jersey

(3) Connecticut

(4) Illinois - Chicago

(5) MaryLand but trying to avoid too many NIJAS

(6) Delawere

(7) Texas - Dallas

(cool Philadelphia

(9) Pennsylvania

(10) Virginia

Thank you as you share your experience.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by InkedNerd(f): 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
alafin:

Nigerian folks living USA Pls which of these states would be better off for me to move into since i've just won a VISA lottery. Please i want open minded, honest answers thank you. (less racist state pls)

(1) New York

(2) New Jersey

(3) Connecticut

(4) Illinois - Chicago

(6) Delawere

(7) Texas - Dallas

(cool Philadelphia

(9) Pennsylvania

(10) Virginia

Ok, there are several things wrong with your list.

(1) Philadelphia isn't a state. It is a city within Pennsylvania.

(2) Which Virginia are you talking about? West Virginia or North Virginia?
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2010
Which is less racist state period and it includes NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST .
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by geempathy(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
Illinois - Chicago
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by InkedNerd(f): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2010
geempathy:

Illinois - Chicago

Who says Chi-town is the least violent and racist. Ummm, hello did you not see all the people droppin' like flies from all the crime that was reported on the news a year ago?? As for least racist, I doubt that as well. There are still parts of Illinois where people are very racist. I read someone that Oregon was the least racist but that's a load of crap. The police there are pretty racist as well.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
geempathy:

Illinois - Chicago

Which kind of answer be dis one, she na the least or not
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2010
INKERD

SO which state is the most peaceful out of the above?
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by InkedNerd(f): 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hmmm, probably Connecticut. I'll look for some info and get back to you on that.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by jaybee3(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2010
Thought the key thing you ought to be looking at is, the city that will provide you with the best chance of getting a Job plus the ease of integrating yourself into the community
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2010
jay bee:

Thought the key thing you ought to be looking at is, the city that will provide you with the best chance of getting a Job plus the ease of integrating yourself into the community

tot you already know what i'm looking for, isn't low level of racism = integration. I know you live in ibadan so pls mute.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by InkedNerd(f): 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
alafin:

tot you already know what i'm looking for, isn't low level of racism = integration. I know you live in ibadan so pls mute.

Ah ah, did you need to say that? jay bee was just tryin too help.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Freewilly(f): 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2010
The state with least racism in the Continental US is Utah because of the large population of Mormons.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 28, 2010
I know that FL has to be one of the most racist.

They just had their first black police chief in one of their city about last year undecided
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by bkbabe97y(m): 4:29am On Oct 28, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Ok, there are several things wrong with your list.
(2) Which Virginia are you talking about? West Virginia or North Virginia?

Honey, Virginia is Virgina. . . . unless otherwise stated as West Virginia!

1 Like

Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by tpia5: 5:04am On Oct 28, 2010
silly question, imo.

a peaceful place can be turned into a war zone at any time and same goes for racism.

since you already have misgivings about philadelphia, then just go somewhere else or isnt your priority supposed to be where you can find a job and housing within your budget.

what's with all the picking and choosing if you're not even there yet.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by kech(f): 4:45am On Oct 29, 2010
@OP you should be looking at the whole package; cost of living, diversity, safety, job opportunities and the likes. From your list, I'll say Connecticut has the least crime rate, but I don't know if it will be a good place for you to start as a newbie in the U.S. The rent can be pretty high, there are not many job oportunities compared to some other states on your list and the transportation system is not as established as some other states (If you don't have a car). Connecticut is a great place to live, but as a newbie just starting to hustle, it's not the place for you. I understand the way u feel about not wanting to stay where too many Naijas are grin, but the places are not so bad. There are reasons Naijas flock to certain areas. If there are no opportunities there, they WON"T be there. The good thing about it is that you get integrated into the system faster. It'll be easier to find Naijas that can help you get a place or look for a job or recommend you to someone. The only advice I'll give is, as a newbie, be careful of the first set of people you meet (Naija or otherwise), who want to "help" you and maybe "introduce you to the system", or "show you around and how things are done". They could make or break you.
Anyway, I think you should look into these states.
New York/New Jersey
Maryland/Virginia
Texas

But to be honest, I wouldn't rule other states out because it also depends on what you want to do when you get there. What industry do u want to work in? Some states have more advantages in some areas than others. As for the racist thing-y, there are racist everywhere. Just bear it in mind that States in the Northeastern U.S are more racially tolerant than States in the South.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by jaybee3(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2010
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
jay bee:

Here u go: http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/best-cities-to-move-to-in-america.html

Thanks Jay bee, no more fuss lipsrsealed
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2010
kech:

@OP you should be looking at the whole package; cost of living, diversity, safety, job opportunities and the likes. From your list, I'll say Connecticut has the least crime rate, but I don't know if it will be a good place for you to start as a newbie in the U.S. The rent can be pretty high, there are not many job oportunities compared to some other states on your list and the transportation system is not as established as some other states (If you don't have a car). Connecticut is a great place to live, but as a newbie just starting to hustle, it's not the place for you. I understand the way u feel about not wanting to stay where too many Naijas are grin, but the places are not so bad. There are reasons Naijas flock to certain areas. If there are no opportunities there, they WON"T be there. The good thing about it is that you get integrated into the system faster. It'll be easier to find Naijas that can help you get a place or look for a job or recommend you to someone. The only advice I'll give is, as a newbie, be careful of the first set of people you meet (Naija or otherwise), who want to "help" you and maybe "introduce you to the system", or "show you around and how things are done". They could make or break you.
Anyway, I think you should look into these states.
New York/New Jersey
Maryland/Virginia
Texas

But to be honest, I wouldn't rule other states out because it also depends on what you want to do when you get there. What industry do u want to work in? Some states have more advantages in some areas than others. As for the racist thing-y, there are racist everywhere. Just bear it in mind that States in the Northeastern U.S are more racially tolerant than States in the South.

Thanks, i think i'll take time off work and check the level of grounds over there, will probably stay there (Burlington, NJ, cousin) for like 2 - 3 months and if things do not click well i'll hold on to GTB for a while. Thanks for the contb.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
tpia@:

silly question, imo.

a peaceful place can be turned into a war zone at any time and same goes for racism.

We know,

tpia@:

since you already have misgivings about philadelphia, then just go somewhere else or isnt your priority supposed to be where you can find a job and housing within your budget.

what's with all the picking and choosing if you're not even there yet.

Honestly you get problem, if have no sensible contribution to make y not move to another thread, abi na by force.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by africhika(f): 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
alafin on: October 27, 2010, 05:35 AM:

(1) New York

(2) New Jersey

(3) Connecticut

(4) Illinois - Chicago

(6) Delawere

(7) Texas - Dallas

(Cool Philadelphia

(9) Pennsylvania

(10) Virginia

wow, good idea alafin, asking this q b4 u come to US cool

well, hmmmmm,
the southeast is the most racist by tradition: georgia; texas; ALABAMA!!! shocked; tennessee; north and south carolina, the virginias, MISSISSIPPI, LOUISIANA!!! shocked

but sometimes, white people prefer africans over akata
and then sometimes white pple prefer akata over africans
and sometime white ppl just don't like dark ppl period
so it depends.

new jersey, pennsylvania, california, washington dc, maryland, florida are probably the best places for you in terms of lack of racial discrimination on the whole

states like oregon, maine, delaware,vermont, idaho, south/north dakota, montana, colorado, oregon have very very few black pple, so they get pretty scared when a black family moves into the neighborhood. some ppl in those states have never seen a black person face-to-face (esp. vermont and maine)

another thing, when it comes to racism, white pple in the south (by tradition) tend to be more hidden about it. they will smile if your face, scorn u at your back. they call it "southern hospitality."  (but a few pple will call u nigger or stinkin' african in your face. that has happened to me many many times)

in the north, pple are more direct and less likely to sugarcoat.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
Bro welcome to Texas, it's pretty nice here, Home from home, Don't even dream bout Illinois Chicago
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by africhika(f): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
but as kech said, it depends on 1) cost of living 2) job 3) schooling  4)diversity

california n new york =very expensive

you can buy a nice, 4broom house for $150,000 in the south
you usu. have to pay double for the same in new york, parts of california, philadelphia, chicago, washington DC

major crime cities= new orleans, louisiana/ chicago, illinois/ many cities in new york/ washington, dc/ atlanta is coming up on crime/ LA, california/ some parts of miami, florida/ detroit, michigan

the north usu. has better schools than the south (i mean primary and secondary schools )

i have lived in:
atlanta--- lived here most of my life. lots of nigerians. inexpensive living. schools are not that great. lots of racial diversity. nice weather. many many many successful blacks

washington, D.C./ maryland--- TOOOOOOOOOO many nigerians and they all want to be in your business. good schools. way more expensive than atlanta. small houses cost a lot of $. lots of fun activities. lots of racial diversity (ETHIOPIANS EVERYWHERE, many africans, europeans, asians), hot summers. mild cold. crime is concentrated in southeast, dc. i'd prefer to live here

chicago, illinois--- tooo much crime. more expensive than atl. some nigerians, but not as many as texas/atl/maryland. lots of racial diversity (irish, greeks, italians, liberians, GHANAIANS, POLISH), super hot summer. freeeeeeezing cold winter. toooooo much racial segregation (most blacks live on the southside, most africans live on the northeast side. most whites live in downtown and on the northside
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Afam4eva(m): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
africhika:

[color=#006600]but as kech said, it depends on 1) cost of living 2) job 3) schooling  4)diversity

major crime cities= new orleans, louisiana/ chicago, illinois/ many cities in new york/ washington, dc/ atlanta is coming up on crime/ LA, california/ some parts of miami, florida/ detroit, michigan

Why's baltimore not on your llist.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by naijadiva2(f): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2010
afam4eva:

Why's baltimore not on your llist.

she can't list them all lol

another thing, when it comes to racism, white pple in the south (by tradition) tend to be more hidden about it. they will smile if your face, scorn u at your back. they call it "southern hospitality." (but a few pple will call u nigger or stinkin' african in your face. that has happened to me many many times)

Thats a lie, i think u got it mixed up. In the south, if the whites hate u, they hate u and you'll know it, if they love u, they love u. up north its more subtle and hidden bcuz the average population is not going to allow such bull like that to happen so they do it a very quiet way. Let's just say i better be in the middle of nowhere up north then down south.
Re: Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by preselect(m): 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2010
Lowest crime and racism? Check the new England states---> MA, CT, NH, RI, ME, VT etc those guys are cool headed. But I'm not sure of cost of living there.

Avoid the south and Midwest, if you must be in Virginia, make sure it's northern Virginia, (DC suburbs). New York, LA, Chicago---> war zones, expensive territories.

The south is cheaper, peaceful but beware of racism. Atlanta is good though.

(1) (Reply)

Black People Are The Superior Race . / Define Nigerian Culture In A Sentence / ·“太空哈密瓜”今天上市

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.