Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' (44352 Views)

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Tajudeen Ade: I Drove Lamborghini At 18, Joined Politics To Serve Not For Money / Buhari: I joined Politics Because I’m Not Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
According to the actor cum politician, 'I always thought our problem was our leaders till I joined politics and realized the people are also a big part of the problem. If you run for office and you don't have money to share, even your village people will leave you and support a well known kidnapper who is sharing money'.

Igbere TV reports that healso said, 'yes our leaders have failed us for so long but running out of the country is not the best option. Who go fix am? Then we are treated as 3rd class citizens abroad. We need all hands on deck, all voices. The fewer the opposition, the easier it is for the oppressor to carry on'.

http://igberetvnews.com/964388/i-always-thought-our-problem-was-our-leaders-till-i-joined-politics-yul-edochie/

136 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
The electorates forgets their problems when presented with a blank cheque.

243 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by omenka(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
He has a good point. But truth be told, IMO, our leaders take the best share of the blame. What we are seeing today are a precipitation of years upon years of leadership failure from the top right down to our council wards.

We need a total reorientation in this country. A moral and and idealistic revolution. And until we breach that Berlin Wall of ignorance, tribe and religion, we would but toil in vain to the very last days of our lives, yet that collective emancipation we seek will remain elusive.

170 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Mutemenot(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
A hungry man decides on what to quench his hunger for the moment. His future is still unforseen grin

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by alphaNomega: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
ChemBrodar:
According to the actor cum politician, 'I always thought our problem was our leaders till I joined politics and realized the people are also a big part of the problem. If you run for office and you don't have money to share, even your village people will leave you and support a well known kidnapper who is sharing money'.

Igbere TV reports that healso said, 'yes our leaders have failed us for so long but running out of the country is not the best option. Who go fix am? Then we are treated as 3rd class citizens abroad. We need all hands on deck, all voices. The fewer the opposition, the easier it is for the oppressor to carry on

http://igberetvnews.com/964388/i-always-thought-our-problem-was-our-leaders-till-i-joined-politics-yul-edochie/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

This is the main reason the people in position to improve the country would rather die than see Nigeria get better. They make so much money from the dysfunction in the system that is better the country looses the people that can /will fix it.

The Black South Africans are on the same path too. Chasing away the resourceful foreigners and indigenes and leaving behind the people who don't know left from right to be governed like sheep.

Most 1st world countries that accept immigrants from 3rd World countries only take the best of the crop. Many times they don't need your talent because their citizens are good at what they do. These 3rd world immigrants arrive and are forced to take up menial jobs to make ends meet.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by helinues: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
Abi oo, that's why you also jumped more than how many parties? in search of what is coming to your pockets

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Abfinest007(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
u are correct

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by theenchanter: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:
He has a good point. But truth be told, IMO, our leaders take the best share of the blame. What we are seeing today are a precipitation of years upon years of leadership failure from the top right down to our council wards.

We need a total reorientation in this country. A moral and and idealistic revolution. And until we breach that Berlin Wall of ignorance, tribe and religion, we would but toil in vain to the very last days of our lives, yet that collective emancipation we seek will remain elusive.
but if anybody calls for revolution, na una go still sabotage am.

If u say reorientation, i agree, but how do u want to reorientate the massive illiterates up north, esp partaining religion?

27 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Ekakamba: 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
ChemBrodar:
If you run for office and you don't have money to share, even your village people will leave you and support a well known kidnapper who is sharing money'.

Me literally running for office. grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by DrNueLpureHoney: 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
Issoryt....but one thing is sure... "Na man wey dey reason dey scratch him beards"

Our leaders do embezzle the public funds...the rich are busy getting richer while the poor are getting poorer.

The people are suffering and you expect them not to complain shebi? angry

Make I pause here first
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by drizslim(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
Yul continue with ur nollywood no u want ego mbute

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by ijeoma36: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
so what is now our problem
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Offpoint: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
Now you know, I personally voted for Buhari because his wife fried Akara and gave me 5 pieces... as of the time I was hungry and that Akara meant to me what Moses was to the Israelites.

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by shegie(m): 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
sorry o
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by jalay(m): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
To whom it may concern
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by GMbuharii: 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:

Look who's talking about emancipation!

You?!
What emancipation are you talking about?!
Mtchewww

Zombieterror isaabubakar ngadawo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by naijadrivablog: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
A leader is a reflection of the People who voted him or her.

6 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by GloShare(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
That's because the people are extremely hungry.

Tackle hunger and see how the people react.

Nigerian politicians have mastered the art of weaponizing poverty.

12 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
It is well.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
In 1994, England banned Nigeria Airways for missing their landing schedule at Gatwick Airport. Nigeria's then Head of State, Sani Abacha quickly banned British Airways from flying into Nigeria.

Due to the fact that Nigeria was a major market for them, they lifted the ban.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by xjiggy: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
My brother you said it all. Unfortunately some will still castigate you for this

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by HisExcellence(m): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hmmmmmm
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
at least the ₦1500 can go a long way in solving the immediate hunger problem. sowore will die in prison shouting revolution forgetting that those he is fighting for can betray him because of ₦500

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by HisExcellence(m): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by shadeyinka(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
The leadership created gross poverty everywhere. Now they turn around to blame the Hungry Man.

Create good jobs and see if vote buying would not reduce to zero. Vote is bought for as low as 2,000 Naira. This is poverty unmasked

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by AdonaiAluminium: 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
Then you discovered you were part of the problem... Switching camps endlessly, no clear cut manifesto

Contact us for all your roofing jobs,roof maintenance services, insulated roofing sheets and panels etc

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Poorboy: 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
Cum politician not come politician, it's ok
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by hedonido: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
True. The leaders aren't expatriates or aliens. They are sourced from within us. They represent the collective spirit of the majority of Nigerians. Nigerians are, for the most part, a thoroughly flawed people - character wise and otherwise. The mentality of the overwhelming majority is warped beyond redemption. You can't expect 'wonderful' leaders to emerge from this toxic bunch.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by TemmyT002(m): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2019
True
Even Late Sonny Okosuns sang about it.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by BuyACar(f): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
Idiot

Stick to what is right!

They'd follow when you don't bend.

That makes you a leader.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly Elections: APC Sweeps Senate / Ekiti APC Lawmakers Discontinue Suit Against Fayose / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Miyetti Allah Reasons For Plateau Christians Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.