Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians (18780 Views)

Peace In Borno State: Lucky Irabor Reassures Nigerians / Yuletide: NSCDC Boss, Abdullahi Reassures Nigerians Of Adequate Security / President Buhari Shows Off His 10-year Security Enhanced E-passport (pics, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by deltateam: 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
Carlyboi:
E-passport is there anything E bout that passport thojust asking!

E means electronic. Its nor supposed to be hard paper or physical

1 Like

Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by delishpot: 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
Travelled with mine. Had no headache.

2 Likes

Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Carlyboi(m): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
deltateam:

E means electronic. Its nor supposed to be hard paper or physical
ikr I’m just saying tho lol
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by mofedamijo(m): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2019
Carlyboi:
E-passport is there anything E bout that passport thojust asking!
LOL...THE DAY THEY SWIPE YOUR PASSPORT AT THE AIRPORT AND YOUR INFORMATION DOESNT COME OUT, THAT'S THE DAY YOU WILL KNOW IF ITS E-PASSPORT OR NOT. SOME COUNTRIES USE NORMAL PASSPORT, SO THE O.P.E MUST PUNCH IN ALL THE NUMBERS TO GET YOUR information. SECONDLY, THERE has BEEN E-PASSPORT FOR YEARS, THIS IS ONLY AN ENHANCED VERSION, THANKS.
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Studyinchina200(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
That’s why I stopped traveling these days. Hmm

ladilawal82:
...and yet you'll still be drilled upon your arrival at any international airport in the world cool
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Studyinchina200(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
You know the story.
simonlee:
na when you arrive any international airport with that passport you go know say xenophobia na small thing! undecided
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by LoveJesus87(m): 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayinke93:

Trust me you won't get it in 6 months.
you don't mean it?? shocked
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by MaxNdu: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
A poorly produced passport with black and white photo of the bearer. Every other country of the world issues passport with coloured photo of the bearer. And yet we wonder why some countries are rejecting it. This government is really confused!!! angry angry angry
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by kaysy(m): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayinke93:

Really? Please why is it so, is there any other legitimate means to get it without wasting so much time? Please do respond. Thanks
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by pattern100(m): 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
kaysy:
Really? Please why is it so, is there any other legitimate means to get it without wasting so much time? Please do respond. Thanks
Has the guy apply before. People can exaggerate things now
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by playcharles(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayinke93:

You will get it in less than three weeks if you use Ikoyi office.
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by pimper24: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
FeedMeNews:
The Comptroller General (CG) of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Muhammad Babandede, has said the enhanced e-passport is acceptable and valid for entering all countries.

He gave the reassurance in a statement by NIS Public Relations Officer, Mr Sunday James, in Abuja on Thursday.

Igbere TV reports that the CG’s reassurance is coming against the backdrop of the recent problem on the e-Passport with the authority of the United Arab Emirate(UAE).

“The recent problem on the e-Passport with the authority of the United Arab Emirate(UAE) has been resolved..

”I will like to seize this opportunity to thank both the Ambassadors of UAE and Nigeria for resolving the issue.

“In view of the above, Nigerians are encouraged to get their National Identity Number (NIN) and ensure that the information tallies with the one on their Passports.

“The uniformity of the NIN information and that of the 10-year validity Passport is to ensure one identity which is a major feature of the new enhanced e-Passport,” Babandede said.

http://igberetvnews.com/964819/new-e-passport-valid-for-all-countries-nis-reassures-nigerians/

renewal alone cost me 40k today
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
Abeg who knows the actual amount for that 5 year validity one, the amount on their website is confusing my confusion. Need help ASAP, wanna travel by October is it possible to get it before then
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by naijajobx: 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
ohh
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Nickisindigo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayinke93:
lol
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Nickisindigo(m): 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayinke93:

a friend of mine got hers within 2 months
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Usmaniaaa: 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
Including Biafra? wink grin grin
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by maisauki: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
na how much hin cost?
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by DedeNkem: 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
The worst passport in the world to have!
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by writeprof(m): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
panpan:
The passport is valid for all countries, but a visa is still required except when travelling to countries that are visa free or visa on arrival for Nigerians.

Visa Free Countries for Nigerians:
Barbados, Benin, Burkina Faso
Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad
Dominica, Fiji, The Gambia
Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau
Haiti, Ivory Coast, Liberia
Mali, Mauritius, Micronesia
Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone
Togo, Vanuatu

Visa on Arrival for Nigerians:
Bangladesh, Burundi, Cambodia
Comoros, Djibouti, Georgia
Iran, Kenya, Laos
Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritania
Mozambique, Nauru, Palau
Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia
Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Timor-Leste
Tuvalu, Uganda

[url]travelstart.com.ng/lp/visa-free-countries[/url]

For the so-called visa-free you still expected to pay a fee at the point of exit.
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Adekunleideology(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
writeprof:

For the so-called visa-free you still expected to pay a fee at the point of exit.

Entry or Exit?
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Antichristus: 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
I SHREDDED MINE YEARS AGO AND POSTED THE SHREDS TO THE EMBASSY FOR INTERMENT.
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Etizz: 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2019
sykeng:
That's how they assure and reassure, better stick to the old one first to avoid waste of time and money

Pls I have d old one n still up to date....hope its still OK to use?
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Afrocentric: 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
pimper24:
renewal alone cost me 40k today
is it the new passport they gave you or the old one?
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Frederick2017: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2019
kaysy:
Please how much is the true cost of international Passport? I was applying online and the fee i saw there was N17,000 but i've been hearing it costs about N40,000 to get so am surprised, besides it was stated on their website that payment is only through the online channel no other means of payment is acceptable

This is naija bro
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by beresponsible(m): 12:38am On Sep 06, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
lol, all countries indeed?

Countries like Yemen, Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, UZUBEKISTAN.

Nigeria visa free countries. I laugh in Arab
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by sykeng(m): 2:46am On Sep 06, 2019
Etizz:

Pls I have d old one n still up to date....hope its still OK to use?

Yes, if it has not expired
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Moorfy: 5:23am On Sep 06, 2019
It will b up to 90k oo
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Ayinke93(f): 8:05am On Sep 06, 2019
kaysy:
Really? Please, why is it so, is there any other legitimate means to get it without wasting so much time? Please do respond. Thanks
you should know the situation of this country na... they'll definitely attend to those that go through their agents before you. trust me, the process will be very frustrating if you don't use an insider.
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by Ayinke93(f): 8:06am On Sep 06, 2019
playcharles:

You will get it in less than three weeks if you use Ikoyi office.
with the help of a legit insider. not on your own.
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by DeHumbleTboy: 8:10am On Sep 06, 2019
Ayinke93:

yes I can get it in 2 weeks just like my friend. Well my neighbor here is immigration officer. He's one of the head's. Nothing like that OK.
Re: New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians by connkg(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2019
Why the UAE claimed not to be informed of the change in the first place is curious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stella Oduah, Uche Ekwunife: Anambra Is A PDP State, Labour Party Is No Threat / Delta Christian Youths Write CAN, Seek Blacklisting Of Omo-Agege / Labour Shifts Ground On N1m Minimum Wage As Panel Meets Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.