Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front (39904 Views)

The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time / Flight Resumption: Air Peace Flies All Its Aircrafts Across Nigeria / How The Wheel Of A Boeing 747 Aircraft Is Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Afonja007: 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:
Who cares!....those of us that av never been to an airport, talkless of boarding a plane should gather here....

eyaaa God go do am for you na You go tire today enter
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Obaino12: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
saveboy:
Great
Meanwhile br
Get website for your business and other uses just whatsapp +2 34 8 165 9 8 013 1

Contact me on 09039234233
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Lordjb: 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
Okay, see my signature below
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Reference(m): 7:28pm On Sep 05, 2019
philip0906:

I rebuke poverty on your behalf
The
Has nothing to do with poverty. Travel and transportation is a choice anywhere in the world. Has nothing to do with economic status. Some simply don't like to fly while others live their entire lives in a city and thats it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Offpoint: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
Obaino12:
Please any expert graphic designer? contact me for business 09039234233
I've messaged you sir
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by izombie(m): 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
fkj950ax:
747 is being retired globally because bigger capacity aircraft now have more efficient engines.

Who needs four engines when two can do the job better.

High aviation fuel cost. Global warming. Carbon footprint. Going green...
the topic is why the 747 has the hump. No one asked you if they are being retired or not. Next time try sticking to the topic or create your own thread about why 747 and the A380 are being retired. Capiche?

2 Likes

Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by wink2015(m): 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
obafemee80:

Ever wondered why Boeing 747s aircrafts have a giant hump in the front? Back in the 60s when the now iconic 747 aircraft was being conceived, Boeing believed the faster supersonic aircrafts, designed to fly from New York to Paris in just under 3.5 hours, were the future of passenger flights.

So in order for its upcoming 747s - that will take 8 hours for the same trip - not to become obsolete in the nearest future, Boeing planned ahead by designing the passenger aircraft in such a way that it can easily be converted to a cargo plane (freighter).

To create the giant front-loading cargo door that will allow easy cargo loading and unloading, Boeing designers removed the cockpit from the nose area and placed it in the newly created Hump area above the passenger cabin.

Today, more than 1500 747s have rolled out of Boeing's Everett production facility. The Queen of the Skies have also carried more than 3.5 billion passengers and flown the equivalent of 80,000-plus trips to the moon and back.

The most famous of all the 747s is the tech-filled United States Air Force One presidential aircrafts that ferries the U.S President around the world. It costs around ₦52 million per hour to keep the ultimate in presidential privileges in the air.

https://autojosh.com/see-the-reason-why-boeing-747-aircrafts-have-a-giant-hump-at-the-front/

Nice share!

Which day will Nigeria get the technological know how to build aeroplanes?

We hundreds of universities with most of them offering engineering.

2 Likes

Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by doggedfighter(f): 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:
Who cares!....those of us that av never been to an airport, talkless of boarding a plane should gather here....

grin grin
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2019
We just want something that will not drop from the sky Biko
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by fkj950ax(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
izombie:
the topic is why the 747 has the hump. No one asked you if they are being retired or not. Next time try sticking to the topic or create your own thread about why 747 and the A380 are being retired. Capiche?

The thing about opinion is that even if not solicited, you can give it.
You have given yours. I am not really bothered about your opinion. You seem to be bothered about mine. Free me.

Life goes on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Bunnatex:
Hmm interesting but I've not been to an airport before so I think I'll pass angry
Me too
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by DavSagacity(m): 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:

I was at the Ikeja airport last year's August to process the yellow card when my company wasted to send me to this same stupid XENOPHOBIC South Africa for a two weeks training... until them deny me visa. Thank God I did not step leg on that Xenophobic land . God punish them.
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by EdiskyHarry: 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
What about Boeing 737 Max that killed 365 people between two months interval as a result of faulty softwares being installed in it, but they were about to assign the blame towards pilot error...... Please don't even mention Boeing again in the midst of intellectual people.
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by naijajobx: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
ohh
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by fkj950ax(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
Bunnatex:
Hmm interesting but I've not been to an airport before so I think I'll pass angry
dancok:
Me too

If you are in Lagos, there are coordinated visits in and out of the airport to members of the public. Schools take advantage of these visits as excursions.
I am referring to MMA, MMA2 and GAT at Lagos Airports

1 Like

Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Kevinsamba: 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
Not all 747s have that cargo ramp thus, i doubt if that was the main reason for the hump as there are other versions of 747 that lack the ramp
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by debaj10: 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
Braintrain:
My grandfather designed the 747 plane but because he is Nigerian they won't credit him
I still have blueprints tho don't know what to do with it
if ur ryt, social media is ur ally
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by nicepoker101(m): 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
philip0906:

There are lots of rich men who do not fly.
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by nicepoker101(m): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
philip0906:

There are lots of rich men who do not fly. Those witches and wizards that Fly day and night are you aware that most of them are poor? grin
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by kilojoDesigns: 11:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
Braintrain:
My grandfather designed the 747 plane but because he is Nigerian they won't credit him
I still have blueprints tho don't know what to do with it
If that's true you can make a video and tag them
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by oloyede90(m): 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2019
Airbus A380 uses four engines, though its much bigger than the 747
fkj950ax:
747 is being retired globally because bigger capacity aircraft now have more efficient engines.

Who needs four engines when two can do the job better.

High aviation fuel cost. Global warming. Carbon footprint. Going green...
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by oloyede90(m): 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
The giant hump is occupied by first class passengers. Staircase is being used from the economy class. Get your facts well
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by beresponsible(m): 12:24am On Sep 06, 2019
Autojosh this same Boeing again? So because of extra load dem go kukuma dey fall from sky
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Pacesetter123(m): 12:54am On Sep 06, 2019
EdiskyHarry:
What about Boeing 737 Max that killed 365 people between two months interval as a result of faulty softwares being installed in it, but they were about to assign the blame towards pilot error...... Please don't even mention Boeing again in the midst of intellectual people.
grin grin
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by Nobody: 2:55am On Sep 06, 2019
simonlee:
OP i disagree with you on this!

the first-class cabin is in the nose (hence the giant hump) so no one will walk through, like in regular aircrafts!
As for the poster below... i understand your situation, i used to be like you grin

If it's first class, then why are they moving goods into it through the 'cockpit region'? Cockpit's above, at the hump.
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by fkj950ax(m): 7:47am On Sep 06, 2019
oloyede90:
Airbus A380 uses four engines, though its much bigger than the 747

True.
Airbus tried to use cost per seat model with the A380 to make a killing, but it didn't get enough orders.
Sales worldwide is very poor, and production will end 2021.
And it also has a "hump that runs all the way to the tail" that looks like a big forehead.

1 Like

Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by fkj950ax(m): 7:48am On Sep 06, 2019
iamsirmichael1:

If it's first class, then why are they moving goods into it through the 'cockpit region'? Cockpit's above, at the hump.

Cargo configuration is different from passenger configuration
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by SODbaba2(m): 8:19am On Sep 06, 2019
simonlee:
OP i disagree with you on this!

the first-class cabin is in the nose (hence the giant hump) so no one will walk through, like in regular aircrafts!
As for the poster below... i understand your situation, i used to be like you grin
Not a lie. For passenger planes first class, freight more cargos

1 Like

Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by olumalcolm(m): 8:39am On Sep 06, 2019
N a dat Airforce One i dey give gbosa, a plane dat can be refuelled in the air and so many other SUPER FEATURES that they wont even tell us. shocked
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by StrikeBack(m): 9:48am On Sep 06, 2019
wink2015:

Nice share!

Which day will Nigeria get the technological know how to build aeroplanes?

We hundreds of universities with most of them offering engineering.
That will never ever happen
Re: Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front by tck2000(m): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
I love the colour on the plane in the 5th picture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Current State Of The Obalende Bus Terminal (Photos) / Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation / Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.